It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 weeks from Halloween there'll be a MASSIVE outbreak. Here's why:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm going out on a wire here and predicting this at 100%. My gut tells me that it'll be more like a week from Halloween, but we'll see.

As with any virus, there are many that are simply carriers and don't know it. Unlike most other viruses, science has recently discovered that those with H1N1 are capable of shedding the virus long after the symptoms have gone away. Add to this that H1N1 also will present without any fever whatsoever (a hallmark of the regular flu) and this bug starts to look exceptionally catchy, indeed.

Viruses like this are spread via direct contact with the saliva or other excretions of the infected. The sick person blows their nose, rubs their eyes, coughs or sneezes into their hands, touches something or someone and then transfers the virus to the recipient.

Here's where the prediction comes in:

Candy

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of carriers out there that don't know they have the flu, or think that they just have a cold due to the lack of fever. They'll be coughing, sneezing and blowing their noses, and probably not washing their hands like they should. These people will be opening their doors to countless children tonight and giving them candy, along with the added "trick" of their H1N1 virus.

Within 6 days, those that are infected with the virus will become symptomatic.

Between tonight and whenever these kid's parents realize their child is sick, the little one will be at school - passing around the bug virtually unimpeded. 6 days later, when Johnny is sick, that bug will be starting to takeover a whole other set of households.

Two weeks from now - our percentage of infected people will have skyrocketed and it will be due to Halloween - almost the perfect transmission vehicle.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This could well be by design, or at least counted on, and would explain why we have been told for so long now that they're expecting a major outbreak in the Autumn.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Interesting..........In fact I did not even read your thread post.........due to the fact of your earlier thread you started.........

If you just found the info from two months ago........how do you have the knowledge to base an opinion to start a thread that two weeks from now all hell is going to break loose?

Of course its just my opinion until ATS stifles it..........

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
I'm going out on a wire here and predicting this at 100%. My gut tells me that it'll be more like a week from Halloween, but we'll see.

As with any virus, there are many that are simply carriers and don't know it. Unlike most other viruses, science has recently discovered that those with H1N1 are capable of shedding the virus long after the symptoms have gone away. Add to this that H1N1 also will present without any fever whatsoever (a hallmark of the regular flu) and this bug starts to look exceptionally catchy, indeed.

Viruses like this are spread via direct contact with the saliva or other excretions of the infected. The sick person blows their nose, rubs their eyes, coughs or sneezes into their hands, touches something or someone and then transfers the virus to the recipient.

Here's where the prediction comes in:

Candy

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of carriers out there that don't know they have the flu, or think that they just have a cold due to the lack of fever. They'll be coughing, sneezing and blowing their noses, and probably not washing their hands like they should. These people will be opening their doors to countless children tonight and giving them candy, along with the added "trick" of their H1N1 virus.

Within 6 days, those that are infected with the virus will become symptomatic.

Between tonight and whenever these kid's parents realize their child is sick, the little one will be at school - passing around the bug virtually unimpeded. 6 days later, when Johnny is sick, that bug will be starting to takeover a whole other set of households.

Two weeks from now - our percentage of infected people will have skyrocketed and it will be due to Halloween - almost the perfect transmission vehicle.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by shrike071]

good job i dint answer the door to them, aslong as i don't get it i dont care and i certainly dont care if the kids get it, but kids are perfect for the agenda to spread virus's... i dont think it will happen 2 week from now they might be a few but i doubt it, there dont seem to be anything happening with kids getting anything not on a mass scale

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reposted twice

[edit on 31-10-2009 by deathpoet69]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
If you just found the info from two months ago........how do you have the knowledge to base an opinion to start a thread that two weeks from now all hell is going to break loose?
[edit on 31-10-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

You're making an (incorrect) assumption that I have just now become aware of the puppet strings. This is completely different from not knowing about one particular facet of the overall jewel. Nobody HERE knows everything, friend, so I'd appreciate the common courtesy granted the rest of the seekers.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Hey - its plausible .

Perhaps you could check to see if there has been a spike in flu etc. numbers around Halloween every year.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im posting from my mobile hence I'll have to be brief.
We had a halloween fun day at work, one of the games being bobbing for apples...
Now I'm no medic, far from it, but if someone was infected could it then be passed on to others via this medium??
Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I dont know if it would really have a huge impact. I think the virus is already being spread fast without any help. Just think of a large office building, one person gets sick and then a few weeks later you probably would see the virus spread through most of the other workers.
Kids are already spreading it in school.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stuSyd

Yes. If they had a runny nose or let their saliva loose (ew both ways) then the virus will be in the tank.

I also think that there are some other reasonable reasons to think that the Halloween event will likely cause an increase in infections:

--Sugar--Kids for the next several days will be chowing down on goods that will damage their immune system and their parents will not care since Halloween lands on a weekend.

--Proximity-- This targets the college crowd since I've made it a point to observe their activity since I'm in a Division I college town. They'll party and go out to the bars for any reason, but from both assumption and asking around, this weekend is one of the worst since every bar has a costume contest. The addition of sugar above will likely play a part as well.

--Cold Weather-- Most of the nation is not in a warm period right now. With the fact that most costumes are now flimsy and its macho to bear the cold, I suspect that being out in the cold for several hours will hurt the immune system, leaving their defenses weakened.

Those are the three big things that pop in my head when I saw this. Despite this I'm not sure that it would be a catastrophic increase, but an increase is highly likely.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think the massive outbreak is already in full swing, at least here in the states where H1N1 is wide spread in most states, a national emergency has been declared, restrictions are in place at hospitals, schools are shut down for days and weeks. Kids who are sick, their parents will most likely make them stay home this year, the adults that are sick with the flu are hopefully smart enough not to answer the door. I am sure some kids will still get out to trick or treat who are sick, and some people who are sick but feel well enough to answer the door will. If anything kids going door to door may help mutate H1N1 a little faster than what is expected.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think you theory may be correct but not in the way you may think with the candy, the mist version of the vaccine is been given to a lot of children this version can spread the virus up to 6 weeks after the mist is given children going out for the candy that has received the mist version of swine flu vaccine will be spreading their love among all those that comes in contact with them.

Sorry people but this year I am closing my door to Halloween celebration.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just find it interesting that the height of the flu outbreak (according to the CDC) just happens to coincide with a holiday that requires almost direct contact among the vast majority of citizens. Even if there isn't actual skin-to-skin contact, there's still the virus-transfer to the candy wrappers then the candy wrappers to the recipient.

I'm not going to jump up and down and call 'conspiracy' just yet - but it IS interesting.....

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow... I never thought about this. Cant believe I missed it, but I believe you will be proven right here, Shrike. All of these freshly vaccinated kids, and sick people at homes passing out candy, as well as the annual Flu season kicking off here very soon, will make for a very bad combination...

I dont think its off base at all to assume the amount of infected will drastically increase in the next few weeks...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

I take back what I said somewhat. Just came back from trick or treating with the kids. I can see how it could spread more rapidly, kids touching doorbells, getting candy from sick people. In fact there was one house we went where the girl was ill handing out candy.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up, I can only tell all those out there that has not gotten the vaccine and neither the swine flu yet, to be very careful as the streets Will be full with children and adults handling candy and spreading whatever is around.

We may find out also how many of the vaccinated will come down sick also.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I suppose we'll see if your theory or projection is correct. I didn't really think of the impact of so many people touching candy, door handles, doorbells, stair cases, candy, etc.

Do those bowls of candy kids are reaching for provide the means of spreading swine flu?

“It's a possibility,” deputy Sonoma County Public Health Officer Mark Netherda said.

But like other experts, Netherda said the problem is easily ameliorated by having someone in good health with clean hands pass out the candy instead of letting kids grab for it - or even scoop it with a utensil into trick-or-treaters' bags.

“The designated dispenser - instead of the designated driver,” Netherda said - though he's in favor of the latter, too.

The H1N1 virus that causes swine flu can survive for as long as eight hours once its deposited on a surface.

Spreading it through candy wrappers and bowls is somewhat hypothetical, Netherda said, though one can imagine a young trick-or-treater wiping his nose, reaching for a candy and leaving behind some unwanted contaminants that could infect the next child if he or she were to touch his eyes, nose or mouth.

The fix is to do the kind of things health experts have been advising for months: use tissues, keep hands clean and avoid touching one's nose, mouth and eyes.
www.pressdemocrat.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You know

I really wish they would not create an out break of swine flu via the candy and just go back to sticking razor blades in it

Razor blades were fast, effective and also scared the kids more

The evil doers of the world are over complicating things if you ask me

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No doubt people who aren't sick or haven't got the flu yet will more than likely catch something from all the door to door action. I am surprised that with the declaring of a national emergency the gov didn't say due to concerns of spreading the H1N1 virus to people who haven't had it and can't get vaccinated yet or who are unwilling to get the vaccine, we are advising that all Halloween events, parties, and door to door trick or treating be suspended this year. Then again no business would make money from this one of many holidays. Is there a cause for concern over the H1N1 virus, making people panic and scare them into getting a shot? Do they really want to stop the spread of it or keep the virus spreading?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join