It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican warns parents that Halloween is 'anti-Christian'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Does this mean I can't throw another Christian on the Bar-bee?

It's so hard being a True Roman these days!

Where does this all end? What's next? No slaves to man the oars of my ship? None to carry my litter?

Madness I tell you shear madness!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Except for the brief period of fresh air introduced by Pope John 23, the papal authorities seek to control people through fear, a posture and policy that threw Europe into the Dark Ages. But today the extreme right wing of the Christian movement does much the same, taking the words of their scripture literally. A right wing church in my area recently responded to a woman's appeal for help with her depression, and was told the church would pray for her "to be released from the demon which possessed her." I am a part of the clergy of my church, and endeavor to take the bible seriously, just not literally. There is much wisdom in the book, but there is also much that thousands of years have proven to be false and hyperbole. And Halloween? Have fun, kids! More than 50 children came to my door this year for treats, and I welcomed them all.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Blah, blah, blah. The Vatican is the biggest Anti-Christian institution ever. When did Jesus ever tell people to amass great fortunes in his name? That's right....NEVER. He told his disciples to give their belongings to the poor and follow him. Too bad the Vatican forgot that.

Could be
Somehow they convinced me too especially when people start wearing horns and tails and stuff - the arch-enemy of Christ.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The Vatican is simply an oppressive form of government without a specific country. Any religion that requires me to have a go-between for me to talk to God is false in the utmost respect. Christ died so that we would no longer need priests to go to God for us (we are now given the Holy Spirit). Anyone who believes otherwise is simply interested in selectively using the Bible as a form of power rather than preaching its true and intended message. The vatican can condemn everything from Halloween, to Harry Potter, to Pokemon for all I care. They want to say that Halloween is a pagan holiday, yet they try to celebrate Christmas (which was actually set on the date of a major pagan holiday) as the birth of Jesus. These people need to get their message straight and stop using their "authority" to scare people into submission.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ravhen]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I see lilies all the time at funerals and on bereavement cards.
That comes from the Greek God of Hope, Elpis.
He held lilies as he stood at the fallen Eros.

And hope all those witchcraft fearin' people don't let their kids blow out birthday candles as they make a wish, that's witchcraft 101, candle magick.

Take the paganism out of life, and there goes ALL the fun.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The vatican has said nothing of the sort. The article clearly states that it is the oppinion of the writer, not the Pope. Many different writers write for this newspaper, none represent the official teachings of the church or of the pope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join