It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican warns parents that Halloween is 'anti-Christian'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Ya think? It's that time of year folks and agree or disagree this could be expected. There goes my "former Hitler youth" costume, I suspect going out as the "altered boy" wont help my soul either. All kidding aside, this is serious to some folks here and I'm wondering what you think? Following is the USA today report, not much more than the Vatican press release, as well as a related item and link you might find interesting as there's a demonic conspiracy inside of your Mars Bar!

Boo!!!

Christian Columnist Warns of Demon Conspiracy To Invade the Souls of Children Through The Candy

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What a load of garbage. Halloween is the one of the few days that atheists and theists can celebrate together like christmas
. Why try and take that away.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

The following website gives a little background into the Celtic/Pagan origins of Halloween as well as some of the reasoning for Christian opposition to this celebration.

Halloween Origins and Customs

Just a reminder to keep commentary either pro or con, trick or treat
, civil. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Blah, blah, blah. The Vatican is the biggest Anti-Christian institution ever. When did Jesus ever tell people to amass great fortunes in his name? That's right....NEVER. He told his disciples to give their belongings to the poor and follow him. Too bad the Vatican forgot that.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look its even on the first page.

Have fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Uh huh.

Halloween is just pagan, not "anti"-christian. Pagans knew nothing of Christianity until they started getting burned at the stake by these so-called christian churches.

Christmas and easter are pagan, and so are other so-called christian holidays.

If the "pope" would kindly stick to rooting out child molesting priests, and other corruption, then he might have a leg to stand on. But they keep trying to cover these things up. This makes any warnings from them to be rather silly and extremely pointless.

And that goes for the protestant "leadership" also, since you just know they will give their opinions on halloween too.

[edit on 30/10/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Some one should let the Pope know that being Christian is anti-pagan.

A t least it ain't the muslims moaning for a change though.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason I liked this Holiday!

Honey get the lions it's official it's anti-Christian day.

Come out, come out where ever you are...ollie, ollie option free!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Didn't see that thread Bored. My bad! I've included the demonic candy link though and that should get some comments. Wooooooo

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Wow Proto! I'm not knocking on your door dressed as Pope Benny tomorrow night. Sheesh!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

Uh huh.

Halloween is just pagan, not "anti"-christian. Pagans knew nothing of Christianity until they started getting burned at the stake by these so-called christian churches.

If the "pope" would kindly stick to rooting out child molesting priests, and other corruption, then he might have a leg to stand on. But they keep trying to cover these things up. This makes any warnings from them to be rather silly and extremely pointless.

And that goes for the protestant "leadership" also, since you just know they will give their opinions on halloween too.

Good points PS! I grew up Catholic and was fortunate that we lived in a socially progressive part of the country. And so although Halloween was not promoted by the Church neither did they comment on whether kids should trick or treat. Our parish might have actually pushed for kids to "trick or treat for UNICEF". I recall something about that. And so then trick or treat not so bad but no emphasis on any other aspect of Halloween. It was treated as a secular celebration.

You bring up the recent corruption and I think that has much to do with this type of proclaimation. It's a way of once again rallying the flock against something other than the Church proper. "Never mind the man in the frock, look over there, now that's some real evil!" Wooooooo

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
lol who cares about anti-christian , Christians brakes the rules in the Bible so Halloween isn't a big deal.

Most Christians don't even know Christmas and Easter are the worst possible things you can celebrate.
Had they read the Bible they would know Christmas is NOT Jesus birthday but it is the celebration of Jesus death by the Romans.

Jesus was born in the spring time.

As for Halloween.

Halloween – originally from the word ‘Hallows Eve’ because it fell on October 31, the eve of all Saints Day. Halloween derives from pagan festivals. Halloween costumes are based on pagan beliefs from the ancient Druids (witches and warlocks). One of the beliefs was that the dead could return to earth as witches, goblins, ghost, black cats, or in demonic forms. One of the most important aspects of witchcraft is a number of celebrations each year which are called witches Sabbaths. One of the highest of the witches Sabbaths is the High Sabbath or the Black Sabbath of witches on October 31, Halloween! The Jack-o-lantern, also known as Will-the-Wisp, Fox fire and Corpse candle, according to ancient folklore from many places, a Will-the Wisp wanders about swamp areas enticing victims to follow them. These strange fire were also known as “Foolish fire,” because only a fool would follow them. Today pumpkin face is symbolic of that mocking spirit.

Halloween is condemned by the Lord as witchcraft and no one who follows the Lord in truth and spirit should participate in this so-called holiday. (2 Chron. 33:6)

“And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand……. (Mic. 5:2)

Should children go ‘trick-or-treating? No, because your rewarding children to do evil. The word ‘trick’ means the act of deception or to deceive which leads right back to the spiritual adversary satan. The ‘pumpkin’ represents the final harvest before winter. In early times people gave homage on this day of Halloween to the so-called goddess “Pomona”, the goddess of fruit, because it was the time of year when everything died. The Lord teaches us to train a child in the way that they should go which is by his laws, statues, and commandments. (Prov. 22:6) (Deut. 6:4-7)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There was a thread of similar, but more personal, nature recently on BTS:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

With respect, all human societies since the Neolithic Revolution have had harvest festivals. Hallowe'en is a harvest festival. "Pagans" didn't invent that. Pre-Christian non-Pagans like Second-Temple Jews had harvest festivals, too. Death and harvest are linked ideas at the primal level where we think about death and food.

But this article ain't about religion.

The Third Millennium spread of Hallowe'en worldwide is like the spread of MacDonald's. Civilized people everywhere will resist "American Cultural Imperialism" as best they can. If the Vatican wants to get into the act, good for them.

But it won't change the outcome. People like to play dress up and eat candy, just as they like calling fat, starch and salt a meal. Game over.

Celebrate Hallowe'en at MacDonald's. You know you want to.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Thanks for your input Buds84. Some of what you mentioned was contained in the 3rd link I posted "Halloween Origins and Customs". We have a wide range of reactions being posted as I thought would happen. Such is ATS and as we have come to know religion and the Pope (any Pope) in particular are always hot-button issues here.

As I mentioned earlier "trick of treating" was not frowned upon by the Church(es) in my area growing up Biblical warnings aside. It was not seen as a moral threat. We never saw much of the "tricks" aside from toilet paper in trees, it was more dress up for treats. The entire thing was a neighborhood affair and it reconnected neighbors that you rarely saw. Parents would accompany the kids and there were always introductions to new people and re-introductions to old acquaintances. There were always frightening stories in the paper just before and after Halloween though. That's more the case everyday now.

There's another faction I expected to chime in and that hasn't happened yet. We do have the entire weekend and people are just settling in and checking in.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well, it *is*. There's nothing to agree/disagree with here.
It's a simple fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why in 2009 does the Catholics at the Vatican finally decide to make an Official condemnation ??

perhaps the Pope & the cardinals are really meaning Samhain...

see links:
www.bing.com...

there's a few sites which are informative about the Pagan/Wiccan fest...
go ahead & explore.... the 'church' condemmed Galileo
[[www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTOJRU02QoY ]]
for some 500 years, maybe they are getting ready to ditch the bad-mouth about halloween/Samhain too ??

[edit on 30-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Wow Proto! I'm not knocking on your door dressed as Pope Benny tomorrow night. Sheesh!

I am still having a little issue with Animal Control and the Health Department. Seems the Catholic Church monitors ATS too and filed an injunction at the local, state and federal court house within minutes of hearing I would be calling out the lions for anti-Christian day.

Rotten attorneys they never let me have any fun!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

But it won't change the outcome. People like to play dress up and eat candy, just as they like calling fat, starch and salt a meal. Game over.

Celebrate Hallowe'en at MacDonald's. You know you want to.

Thanks for that eight bits but I hope the "You" was a general you and not aimed at me in particular. Maybe you think I dress up like my Avatar and go door to door for..... um...... like this Three Musketeers.... or this Tootsie Pop. And by the way, when I do eat at McDonald's there is always sugar along with the fat, starch and salt. Now that's a meal!

Calm down all of you. I'm not wearing the Elvis-cow outfit right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

You're 100% correct, yet the Vatican won't admit this fact. lol

Occult Holidays and Satanic Sabbats

God's feasts and Holy days are listed in the OT.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

I am still having a little issue with Animal Control and the Health Department. Seems the Catholic Church monitors ATS too and filed an injunction at the local, state and federal court house within minutes of hearing I would be calling out the lions for anti-Christian day.

Rotten attorneys they never let me have any fun!

Like this was the first time! Anti-Christian attorney day. Now there's a holiday to get behind. I doubt you'd give out candy for that one. Maybe subpoenas?

My apologies to all the anti-Christian attorneys reading this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join