It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mafia killing in Italy caught on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Mafia killing in Italy caught on camera

www.telegraph.co.uk

The horrific footage, which was captured by closed circuit cameras, shows the assassin walk up to a man in broad daylight outside a bar in Naples and shoot him three times.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Here is a crime scene that was caught on camera but according to the article ; the nearby bystanders were completely " indifferent " to the shooting. A man holding a toddler in his arms looks at the victim and walks away, while a woman is seen rubbing off her scratch-and-win lottery card as the execution takes place. It seems the Italian people have become accustomed to and avoid the Mafia's ways of justice.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Um...witnesses to mob hits dont live very long.What were they supposed to do exactly?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why didn't they blur the womans face out?

Jeez.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Bystanders is what I call a waste of human.

Humans have totally lost their minds, hopefully, some sort of a plague comes (not the swine flu, a real plague) and wipes the useless out.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That's a message, not an execution. Broad daylight on a busy street full of people? Holy crap these guys have BALLS...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

who is going to stop them besides another organization of ruthless killers?

it doesnt take balls to do something that will most likely have no consequences. they probably enjoy doing this stuff, it has to be a HUGE thrill having that kind of power.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This doesn't really surprise me....

=\

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Saw the video.

Gets shot in the shoulder, back and head.

Even the pigeon wasn't phased.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, it seems that to make public the video worked very well:

Killer identified

Rome, October 31, 8:32 pm
Is a 33 years old previous offender from Secondigliano quarter the killer of Mariano Bacioterracino, killed on May 3rd in front of a bar, in the Rione Sanità.
The killer is still untraceable.

The decision to make public the video of the murder was painful but returned results
said the prosecutor of Naples, Giandomenico Lepore.

That shocking video was our last chance which we were forced to use because of lack of cooperation. The video returned results in terms of the case, but our hope is to reach a different result, to promote awareness of Neapolitans and moving their indifference in front of the death.

www.ansa.it...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The mafia isnt run like street gangs who claim to be gangsters in the united states. The thing is, they arent scared men with a childrens mentality killing anyone who happened to be in the same room. No women, no children, only those who deserve it get killed. If you did nothing, why should you have to run away like a frightened child?

to the guy who made a comment about bystanders, if someone walks up to a person - pulls out a gun and shoots them 3 times, what are you going to do? is it just me, or does breaking the speed of the light to pull them out of the path of the gunfire seem a little far fetched?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
The mafia isnt run like street gangs who claim to be gangsters in the united states. The thing is, they arent scared men with a childrens mentality killing anyone who happened to be in the same room. No women, no children, only those who deserve it get killed. If you did nothing, why should you have to run away like a frightened child?

to the guy who made a comment about bystanders, if someone walks up to a person - pulls out a gun and shoots them 3 times, what are you going to do? is it just me, or does breaking the speed of the light to pull them out of the path of the gunfire seem a little far fetched?

I agree, i have been a witness to a mafia killing at a restaurant in tijuana mexico and theres nothing you can do, even the people next to me continued eating like nothing had happened. after so much violence people get used to it and learn to live with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Why didn't they blur the womans face out?

Why?
Because here in Sicily, in your town, everyone knows who everyone else is - and what everyone else does.

Exactly the reason no one did anything.

And you wouldn't’ either if you lived here.

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I watched the video too.

I don't think most of society understands. This is what these people do for a living. They are hitmen. They can put a hit out anywhere they want. Anytime, and at any place. It doesn't matter to them. Its been happening for hundreds of years. How does this surprise people? This is mafia.

I'll bet any money he didn't know he was on cctv.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Cannot get page to load, but from the sounds of it nothing has changed.

Interesting how he went into the shop to make sure no one was there to stop him, in his hit. Also coming out of the shop he was coming from behind the man, so easy hit.

Amazing how you look at it, he knew what he was doing alright.

Look at the way he made sure there was no one in the shop, nice and easy. Bizarre world, and it was over so quickly.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They'll just keep shooting each other until theres noone left to shoot. Gang Mentality always makes me laugh, they need people for the "gang" to survive, yet they go out on "hits" and lower the numbers.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I doubt anything changed in the way you describe. One man is killed and his position would have been filled the same day by someone waiting one rung down on the ladder?

Their numbers do not reduce because there are always young men looking to make their name and their mark? I am making assumptions though because I know little about organised crime and how it works.

Humanity – a twisted contradiction in terms!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That hitman was obviously not very professional - he was caught on camera. Of course, there may have been a deadline (pun intended) for the hit, but if you can't control surveillance, you'd think the guy would wear a disguise, at least a fake beard or something.

It's also weird how when he walks away, he doesn't put his gun away, he just holds it down at his side. That suggests that he also wasn't 100% sure if he would encounter resistance after the hit. The worst thing you can do is hold a gun out in public - that will gain much unneeded public attention.

So all-in-all, I'd say he was a cheap hitman going after a low-budget hit.

Just as suspected, the guy got caught, proving my point.

top topics

join