It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapsing the System, The end of the Dollar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...:s0:a4:g4:r3:c0.000000:b0:z5

Like Glenn Beck or not, I think this man is speaking some truth, I have read a few of his "talking points" and watched his show. I feel he is one of the few people directing us to this maddness, in the MSM that is.

Now this thread isnt about Beck, its about what he is saying. What do you think about it?

I feel there is some truth in it a 2010 Red dawn, cept this time it will be China invited in by the goverment, I also think Beck touched on that last week. Here the thing today they say there was 3% rise in economy for the quarter, and they Barely mentioned that a majority of it was "cash for clunkers" and other stimulus spending. So what does that tell us? That there was no real growth, am I right or wrong? I dont know about you but something isnt kosher here, Its like TPTB, are crashing America and No one sees it but a few us..

Thoughts?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've never been sold on a new world order type thing that wants to depopulate, chip and enslave us. etc etc. It doesn't make any sense to me.

But depending on whether you find media useful, or what...

On one side I follow msm. Then I come to ATS for the other side. Inject some common sense and formulate my own opinion down the middle somewhere..

Anyways, I read this on msnbc:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Whether you believe the media or forums in CT website is the beauty of the choices we are still "allowed" to make. haha.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To be honest they have some truths on both sides when they speak, however when you bring your own poker chips to a game and you cash in, yes you are going to crash the system. Left or right has the same agenda, to keep you in debt and under control and they use many ways to do that, cash for clunkers is just one of many. Until people realize whether Glenn Beck or another has a point, you are paying way to much attention on what the government is saying rather than getting the corrupt ones out of the system.

Tru

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

To be honest, all of this is confusing. Hard to know what to believe. I still feel that our spending spree will get the best of us.

Many analysts believe it may be hard to keep GDP growing, however. The economy was bolstered during the third quarter by government stimulus programs including the popular Cash for Clunkers auto rebates and tax credits for first-time home buyers. Once the government's stimulus measures run their course, analysts are worried the economic rebound might not be sustainable.

www.wfsb.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I blame The Bush Admin for all this. I don't respect Beck because he blames Obama for all this, yet he's too idiotic to realize this was started in the previous Admin.

Also, the US is in debt to China. Can you blame China for growing so rapidly? NO! Blame Bush for taking the loan money from them.

This is how enemies are made, when you accuse them of something that you actually started.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I haven’t bought into the whole NWO thing, yet. But I am seeing to many similarities, between the biblical prophecies and today. But the only thing that makes any since is they are trying to collapse it. I think i Mentioned in the article exactly what you said, but Most of the growth came from government spending, like cash for clunkers... How is that growth when all they did was Print Money out?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree with their easements’ Jam, Any dime the government spends most be paid for in taxes. So is that what the Cap and Trade thing is for to generate revenue for the government?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

In case you don’t know, Beck has blamed the Bush Admin, but Obama is spending like crazy as well. And since he is our current president guess who gets the blame? Even though I blame congress for this mess because they are the ones with the purse strings.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Dollar being inflationary in nature will ALWAYS be worth less in the future guaranteed. It's called Inflation.

Just look at what a 1969 Chevy Corvette cost and what a 2009 Corvette costs.

In summary:

1969 Corvette: $4780.
2009 Corvette: $48,930.

Our entire economic system is built on credit and their subsequent payments.
The car companies earn more income on the financing and not necessarily the cars themselves. Cash for clunkers was used to bolster car sales and their subsequent loans, plain and simple.

This funnels monthly income to the banks which they'll in turn lend out to others.

Can you say PONZI scam ?!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

In case you don’t know, Beck has blamed the Bush Admin, but Obama is spending like crazy as well. And since he is our current president guess who gets the blame? Even though I blame congress for this mess because they are the ones with the purse strings.

Of course he gets the blame, he's the only president to EVER take responsibility for this crap. That shows that he cares about the country, he didn't just say "uh, well, f**k it."

And of course he has to spend, but who started it all? The Bush Admin. What do you expect Obama to do? Magically solve the problem? No, you have to spend money to make money.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

How can you spend money to make money? The Federal Government doesn’t make any money and its not supposed to nor designed to.

What the Government is doing is akin to me taking one credit card and using it to pay on another and eventually I will be maxed out both CC. Does that make since for me to do that? No it doesn’t and it doesn’t make since for the Feds to do it either... You are still forgetting one simple flaw to your logic, ITS THE CONGRESSES IS FAULT we are in this mess, The presidents are just talking heads, if congress says no you get no money then guess what the President gets no money plan and simple read the lovely thing called the constitution. Maybe then you might get an understanding on how the goverment is supposed to work and why it isnt working now.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Of course he gets the blame, he's the only president to EVER take responsibility for this crap. That shows that he cares about the country, he didn't just say "uh, well, f**k it."

And of course he has to spend, but who started it all? The Bush Admin. What do you expect Obama to do? Magically solve the problem? No, you have to spend money to make money.

This is one of the most narrow minded things I have read in a few weeks here. Even SG and BH would be ashamed of this.
First of all "you have to spend money to make money"? You do know that is for "Profit" right? The Govt is not a profit center. The Govt. is not a private business.

Second, you are really stuck on the left - right, Bush - Obama issue. You are part of the problem, not the cure, that is for sure.

Maybe it would be easier if you thought of it in this fashion.

The Federal Govt. is suppose to be a line traveling sideways with little bumps up or down depending on what is "needed" to do the two jobs that they are responsable for. 1. To protect us from enemies. 2. To regulate commerce between the states, and provide for fair trade.
They have done neither for quite some time, espcially number 2.

The Fed Govt. has for some time been traveling on a forward moving line, "growth of power", and as objects, "resistance", are in the way, the line moves left or right. It really is as easy as that.

Now, in the "Big Picture", if you were to make this a grand drawing, the overall picture for 230 years has moved more left than right. Right being strick Constitution and small business minded as our country was based.

It is kind of ironic, that if we were way to the right, we would have the freedom and stable economic enviroment to give things that the more libral minded want, healthcare and education.
If it takes too many turns to the left, it will eventually lead to the distruction of what was suppose to be and turn it into something else.

Left and right does exist, but it has nothing to do with Republicans and Democrats in this country. The parties are both trying hard to give us the "something else".

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As far as what Beck proposed last night.
It is a stretch.
I can see it, but I can't. First thought I had, was that we have already leveraged against real estate owned by the Feds to begin with.

Second of all, the Fannie May statement, which talks about over 50% of all housing. Well we have houses that are paid for. So will the value of mine go way up if they do this?

Call it owning "Freedom Land", I guess. Glad I have the means to protect it.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by j2000]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

This is true, but it also means are factors, and the fertile plains areas, Indian lands, Hell even your lands. Also dont forget we sit on more Oil and Gas then the middle east combined (Anwar) (Texas) They could come and take that.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by j2000

This is true, but it also means are factors, and the fertile plains areas, Indian lands, Hell even your lands. Also dont forget we sit on more Oil and Gas then the middle east combined (Anwar) (Texas) They could come and take that.

I am sorry, but I don't see anyone anytime soon coming to take anything from us. The only thing up for grabs for the last several decades is our "Freedoms" and the Constitution. They love taking that.

I would love to see China or anyone else try to put boots on the ground here and take land from us. I don't think it would work out well for them.
"Red Dawn" was light in comparsion to the mood nowdays.

It will take a very good economy a long time before people will back down at this point.
Whether anyone likes it or not, almost 2 million showed up in DC to speak out. They are the same one's plus 10's of millions more that will show up locked and loaded.
2 million, if they had their guns at that time, would own DC right now and no way to stop them. People need to stop and think about that. I bet Obama and congress did.
That is why they are putting out the posion pill with the healthcare bill.
They know a public option won't pass.
It is BS as usual in DC while they pass some other crap while we are not looking. Hate crime bill is full of BS.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I like the idea of an Armed march of a few million Americans on D.C

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

I wanna understand your position here correctly - the Bushster is EVIL because he tried to spend us out of this, and Obama is SAINTLY because he's taking a different tack, and instead is trying to spend us out of this.

That about sum it up?

Partisanship much?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What scares me even more than the misconception of what it going on, or he/she did this and this is more or less evil than the last one. The facts are we are working for worthless pieces of paper that has no monetary value. Something to think about!

Tru

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There is nothing that needs to be sold about the NWO....Glenn Beck is a part of it....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
"World's Stocks Controlled by Select Few", a physics-based study.
www.insidescience.org...

top topics

join