It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know?: House Cat's Brain is Very Simular to a Humans Brain in form and function.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

How does it sound like pseudo-something? I don't ask to attack but just to get your "take".

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So nice to read all of your experiences, I share most of them

What's also fascinating is that we trained dogs, but cats just came to us

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I don't think so... my old room mate had cats, my friends have cats, cats are everywhere! I've never witnessed a glimmer of anything approaching intelligence in them personally. Although I've always had dogs, so maybe we have different standards of intelligence.

Have you every taken the time to actually study their behavior? I'm guessing not. I currently have 5 cats.
One has a neurological disorder called cerebellar hypoplasia. Cats with this disorder have to use logic over instinct to be able to function. Lacking the a sense of balance, along with head tremors and other things cats are known for like the ability to land on all fours and the finesse and grace that makes them such great hunters, these cats have to use creative thinking to overcome these obstacles.
# of my cats came from the same litter. One is clearly smarter than the other two. When he is contemplating something he is unfamiliar with or trying to figure out how to get access to something he wants that is out of his reach, you can see the wheels turning in his head just by looking in his eyes. the facial expressions he gets when thinking hard about something is more than obvious and is very human like.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Sounds like a case of bias on both our parts. I openly admit mine.

A bias towards intelligence? I guess so

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

*facepalm* I meant towards the animals we favor. Am I correct in assuming you are what one would call a "dog person"?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
you can see the wheels turning in his head just by looking in his eyes. the facial expressions he gets when thinking hard about something is more than obvious and is very human like.

Relate hehe, my cat has so many different facial expressions, he has one perticular one I call the Pope face, that's when he thinks his litterbox is too smelly, and he has the *name of my shrink* face, then he looks really smart, not unlike the look on my shrinks face when I say something really subtle...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

lol, how true. My mom's has been housebreaking her dog (who is very cute) for the longest time, he just doesn't seem to care or get it. My kitty came to me at 6 wks I showed her the litter box one time and she was "trained".
Come to think of it, all of my cat's have been that way, guess it just goes to show that they are smarter.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Cats are like men

Women are like dogs

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The're our frekk'n gods!

Dogs are submissive, vats go their own way building dragons to succeed..

Gods 'n' gods shop and jawn....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join