It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The continued conditioning - Planet 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And now another one for the kids.

I just watched a trailer for a moving coming out, a neat little flick aimed at kids (well, aimed but even the adults have those internal kids in them that wants to go see it...find a kid quick)

This movie it appears is about an astronaut that goes to a alien planet and how the aliens there are freaked out by his appearance, how he is seen as a monster, etc. a new perspective that will be teaching the young ones that just because you see something absurdly wild and alien doesnt make them monsters...

So, within the last 2 years, how many alien movies and tv shows have come out, and why? I mean, ever since the late 40s-50s, aliens have been a fun topic to discuss, but percentwise, the rate and production has increased dramatically and targetting all age groups.

Back in the 70s/80s, alien movies were occasional and hit big...you had star wars, and star trek. Occasionally some b movies came out, and some other big productions (2001/2010)

Also, the alien invasion has already hit the video game market (always have). Actually, it has become more prominent over time and with games like Spore, Eve, etc...they are able to start introducing aliens that you dont simply shoot at in a elaborate cowboys and indians senario..

My only slight confusion is, why such mixed messages. or is that the point...different movie = different response...therefore different race = different response.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sounds cool!

I have to admit during a night of heavy drinking if i look in the mirror hard enough I can see my self as I would if I have never seen a human before.

we really are these weird being with big heads spindaly limbs long fingers and big eyes its kinda creepy realy lol

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think it's easy to see this as "conditioning", but the simple fact is that up until pretty recently, I still think disclosure of alien life would have caused major panic amongst a lot of groups worldwide. It would be unfair to have disclosure without sufficient education for those people, and that couldn't be done in an unfront way and still be done before disclosure.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I saw the trailer for it about 2 months ago, and I thought what a good twist it would be, it looks funny, especially seeing as the aliens are in the place of humans having a bbq and the alien dog with acid for pee.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

I agree. I know that if there had been sudden disclosure before I was psychologically ready that I would have probably panicked and been scared out of my mind. Now that I'm used to the idea and have accepted that alien life is more probable than just possible, I'm okay with it as long as we are able to coexist peacefully with them and not be taken advantage of or used for food, labor, etc. People just need to get used to the idea. I think people can handle more than our governments think that we can. After all, look at how long we've been having to handle ourselves with them. We're tough!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This movie it appears is about an astronaut that goes to a alien planet and how the aliens there are freaked out by his appearance, how he is seen as a monster, etc. a new perspective that will be teaching the young ones that just because you see something absurdly wild and alien doesnt make them monsters...

What is more likely? Is this conditioning aimed at children so they will accept aliens or is it an allegory about racism and accepting people's difference in a way kids find understandable and digestable?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
haha i saw an advert for this at the cinema it was funny the lil roboted weed itself XD

new topics

top topics

join