It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction In Australia| The Controversial Gundiah-Mackay Abduction Incident

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Despite the fishy smell, I can't see this being a hoax. If 'twere a hoax, 'twould be an intricate and well planned one. The thing about intricate, well planned hoaxes is they are usually preceded by less intricate, less well planned hoaxes, and followed by a more intricate, better planned hoax when a hoax fails.

We have claims of MIB, and no action by the parties to make a buck off of their story. This does not fit the M.O. of a GOOD hoaxer. A penny could have been squeezed despite the fishy smell. Any "debunker" could agree with this. No tight story necessary to swindle dopes.

My hunch is that something happened. Possibly aliens, possibly humans, possibly an extra-dimensional entity or two. After the incident came the threatening cover up (which may have been the whole point of the "abduction" if perpetrated by human intelligence agencies). The cops play ball by throwing out the red herrings they've been given (Scientology, flood lights, phone calls, etc...) but keep the case open for their OWN benefit. In THEIR mind the case is still open even though they cannot say so publicly.

Cui bono? Not the "hoaxers", that's nearly certain. So who? Who benefits?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Ragu23]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
hey! Great thread! awesome research! S&F

one thing that i found in 2 seconds on google...
Amy Rylance - Australia | Facebook
Amy Rylance (Australia) is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Amy Rylance (Australia) and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to ...
www.facebook.com/arylance
shes on facebook in australia... not uk. so maybe they moved back?

but then theres this...
www.tracesmart.co.uk... (in uk) it says there are 6 possibles in 4 towns.

also if you search images, im pretty sure that is her in the top searches.

pipl.com... wow thats a lot of places that name shows up. most are for ufo related stuff.

k well i found some stuff on a keith rylance... from south africa?
www.linkedin.com...
www.linkedin.com... divorced?
i could be way off on this one. both of these look to south africa, and has 2 kids.

www.facebook.com... could be a hit.

someone befriend them and find out the real deal here.

www.123people.co.uk... apparently for 15 bucks you can get his phone number
someone else do that too

so who knows. we could keep digging, possibly hire some PIs and find them.

then we could make them talk...... i think theres another thread here on how to make them talk .... MUAHAHAHHAhhahaahhaa
(jk btw)

now for my opinion.....
i think its possible that this did happen, and that also it could be a hoax.

her ending up 700 miles away in a few hours and looking like she has been gone days is fairly out-there, and would be absolutely concrete evidence of something "strange happening"

most of my thoughts on space travel and what-nots, would have me believe that if you left earth for a while and came back (at light speed) everyone on earth would age, and not the people in the craft. therefore we have a completely contradictory result to what happened here. not saying that i know every scenario, but along the lines of physics at least.

leaving and returning older than everyone is just backwards, but who knows what the tech the big heads have.

as for Petra seeing the UFO. i want a polygraph record.

now as for faking the incident and what they would gain; this is my take.

Petra and Keith have been having a love affair. they decide to off Amy, but like most stupid people (not saying they are, but if you try to blame the disappearance of your wife on a UFO abduction, well then.... ) they drugged Amy and took her up there and left her for dead on a beach out of sight.

when they got back home, they set up the lights (for the neighbors who might have seen it, and then they have more eyewitnesses) and trashed the room, cut the screen and burnt the plants.

during this time when supposedly Petra fainted, they scrambled to destroy the evidence before anyone showed up, and after figuring out they weren't coming (so much for all that spent on good lights), called the police.

"o my it was so terrible..... the lights.... i fainted...." and so on.

BUT

Amy woke up and got help. but couldn't remember crap. she could have had slipping thoughts of being drugged in a van and knocked out, but when you are knocked out like that, you could think some weird things. (like when i was in hospital on morphine, i was having a full conversation with my parents, and they weren't even there, as punctuated by the nurse beside me)

everything sounds great at first.

omg she disappeared into a bright light!

wow how did she end up there??? MUST BE TRUE

then everything fell apart when she was alive...
/speculating

track those peoples down and find out from them what happened

good story, i was really entertained!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Australia has some amazing stories, many a sceptic (or usually people who never considered the possibilities) has changed their mind about aliens.
Well presented post OP, thankyou for doing it correctly.
My feelings are HOAX. There's the Scientology angle that speaks loads, but also the lack of credibility of those involved.
I'm not saying that regular folk have no crefibility. However the credibility of these 3 is simply never established.
Intriguing yes, aliens NO.
If this phenominan is true, which I believe it is, this case holds nothing convincing.
However it is decent to examine the evidence.
If she simply was teleports to the location she was discovered, with serious evidence that this is true, it's worth more.
Bt they honstlely sound like stoners. Dunno why I say that, but they do.
With cases like Valentich and Westall well documented...........sorry, I give it a full thumbs down.
But thanks again for a well prexented case.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

If the story is dead real.......
NO HOAX.........
I doubt she would chat to random people on facejob.
Unless she really is looking for attention?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
reply to post by mahtoosacks

If the story is dead real.......
NO HOAX.........
I doubt she would chat to random people on facejob.
Unless she really is looking for attention?

First of all, the link above just points to a woman who MIGHT be her. Furthermore, it says nothing about her "chatting to strangers". Did you just make that up?

Secondly, why not? Why wouldn't she be on Facebook if the story were true? Isn't just about EVERYBODY on Facebook?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Masterfully planned hoax or real, I'm guessing the latter.

Regardless of this particular case, you deserve a S&F for the great research.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
excellent post

Finally some well researched threads on here that are a pleasure to read and extremely informative.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Before apparently fainting in shock Petra saw that the beam was coming from a disc shaped UFO hovering just above the ground a short distance away, near a tree at the rear of the clear section, immediately behind the annex caravan house.

I would think the saucer was a few feet off the ground for the side
forces to take effect.
So the depiction is not correct as hovering over a house.
Wonder if they thought we have another Travis Walton.
Hey, We got another one Earl.
They immediately made sure nothing was wrong and they
had a sleeping victim and disposed of the liability on the beach.
Sounds like landing next to houses has its problems.

Walton got knocked down from forces from the bottom of a
landing craft. Knocked unconscious he had to be determined
healthy. Once found not in his bed and wondering around the
base he was deemed good enough to place back in the forest.

ED: There is a lot of UFO activity in Australia as in 2006 ATS member
CYRAX posted many of his photos.

[edit on 10/28/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This story Is almost exactly like a case in NYC from Richard Dolan's book. Same light lifting someone through a window and this was a NYC Hotel and dozens of people who had no relation to one another saw it happen. There also was some US Diplomat that was there and he and his two body guards also witnessed it happening. I'll pull the case name from the book when i get home.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love when all the facts are together for one to make their own judgement from.

A+, OP

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
An interesting case, but with only three witnesses and all missing, besides the suspicions found during the investigation, I think that the most probable explanation is that it was planned by at least two of the three witnesses, but I don't have any idea of what their reasons for doing it could have been.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
First of all... was the alien's sat nav on the blink?! How does nearly 500 miles = not far from where they picked her up? I would not have been happy with that.

It all sounds a bit dodgy to me... and unless Im missing something here... how does being pursued by a vehicle amount to a 'kind of MiB encounter'?.. And assuming that MiB exist, why on earth would they merely pursue someone in a vehicle (and not do a very good job of it, especially considering their vehicle was 'high-powered')? I imagine that if they wanted to speak to them then it would be easier & a little more discreet to just pay them a visit.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's always fun to add a little more to the story.... here is a bit of info I found.

Based on their Whispering Winds venture - it appears they cancelled their business license 4 days before the "event".

www.abr.business.gov.au...

Whispering Winds was not only going to be a winery it was also going to contain a "motorcross and other activities"?
www.amazon.com...=cap_pdp_dp_3#reader_0743492862

Motorcross appears to be in the family?
defunctspeedway.co.uk...

Then in 2005 here's a great twist to their story!

STRANDED IN AIRPORT FOR 16 DAYS.

"A BRITISH couple set up home in an airport in Canada for 16 days after a ticket error left them stranded without cash.

Broke Keith Rylance, 43, and wife Amy, 26, lived on handouts from friendly coffee shop workers and bar staff at Toronto's Pearson International Airport. They set up a camp to sleep in behind Starbucks.

They washed in the bathroom, cleaned their clothes in wash basins then hung them out to dry over chairs and suitcases, becoming well known by shop workers.

Their ordeal ended yesterday morning as they landed at Heathrow when Air Canada finally let them fly after disputing they had valid tickets on May 5.

They had been travelling in the US and Canada since February 2 with a view to emigrating, after losing pounds 250,000 when their Birmingham pub folded.

Keith said: "We bought e-tickets for pounds 340. But when we presented our passports, we were told that we were not on the system. After a few days, the security guards knew us well and didn't bother us."

Source: findarticles.com...

I'd be curious to find out who currently owns the Whispering Winds property? Is it still abandoned? Did they hold ownership/title to the property?

So they were headed to the US or Canada in 2005?

Edit to S & F because it's a great story!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Julie Washington]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Great thread jkrog! I hadn't heard of this case until you mentioned it to me. It is highly speculative.. but in saying that... there are definitely elements that don't feel 'right'. Why is it that red flags accompany so many of these stories?

For me the biggest red flag was the burned out flood lights. While some people believe they may have been used to hoax 'lights', my immediate suspicions were that they used them to create heat damage on the plants. This would be a good way to create damage that couldn't be attributed to fire or to the sun.

It would also be interesting to get some magnified shots of the cuts in the fly wire. Though it is suggested it may be damage consistent with a dogs claws, we could at least study weather the cuts appear as torn by a blunt object, or cut by something sharp such as a blade. I do find it interesting that aliens that are known to transport people through solid objects such as walls, roofs and windows need to physically cut fly wire... especially when they intend to remotely transport the abductee out of the house with solid light technology.

It's kind of like walking up to the DVD player with your remote in hand - and manually pressing the eject button on the console instead. It's illogical and raises another red flag!

I congratulate you on presenting some fantastic, unbiased information in this thread, as well as the few other members that have supplied supplemental information that is very compelling. Especially that the business was killed just a few days before the incident.

Great work as always jkrog!

IRM

[edit on 28/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Um, yeah, if the police have a record of a call from a hotel half way between the place of the abduction and the place where she was found that night, when she was abducted, then that basically proves this was a hoax.

The phone call was made the night before the reported event. Also, the police will not release the records, as they claim they contain "too much personal information".

Did anyone actually meet with these people, other than the police?

The investigators were only able to talk with them on the phone, although they did investigate the residence. Other than the police and doctors I do not believe anyone else spoke with them, but there is still some questions I have on this and will continue to look. The available commentary to this story is slim and repetitive as you said (btw, those repetitive links were listed as cross references, now more accurately described in the source section.).

Did the people at the gas station confirm the story?

Yes they did. In fact the women who took Amy to the hospital was the one who called and alerted the police and husband of her whereabouts, she confirmed everything from Amy's fatigued and dirty looks to how she was acting "odd".

reply to post by Julie Washington

Wow, thanks for that nice find, truly a help to this case. Thanks for taking the time to do a little research.

Also thanks to everyone else for your kind words and especially your input into this case. I always look forward to see this wise communities insight, which is one reason I presented this case.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Courtesy:“The X-Files”, 20th Century FOX

Does that means there is an X-files episode about this? If so i would like to know the title and which episode it was, so i can watch it before i get myself deeper into this case. Very interesting

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
reply to post by jkrog08

Courtesy:“The X-Files”, 20th Century FOX

Does that means there is an X-files episode about this? If so i would like to know the title and which episode it was, so i can watch it before i get myself deeper into this case. Very interesting

LOL, no that is from a X-Files episode about someone being abducted by aliens. It was simply used as imagery.

Nothing in the X-Files was based upon any actual events, although some of the plot lines were related to actual events or conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Molan27

I think you'll find that story was eventually proven to be false, there were some strange relationships found between the police and the alleged abductee.

However, I can't link to them here so that's just my recollection.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

For me the biggest red flag is also the burned out lights, however in the opposite context. Unless there was no planning at all and events were reactive or those involved were just plain stupid why try and incinerate somewhere likely to be found.

If MIB's are disinfo then it is conceivable that was a plant, as were the phone records.

Obviously though that is just as out there as any unverified hoax opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

thats really interesting research you got there.

seems like those 2 have had lots of problems.

did it mention anything about petra? i thought she went with them to uk

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join