It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Done.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I had the same reaction last year when the federation of light didn't land, that doesn't mean you can't have a lot of fun with those persistant prohecy nuts.......say were is QA anyway, anybody seen her around??

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

If you look hard enough, you will find evidence to back up any beliefs. I choose not to believe. It's caused me nothing but suffering. I respect your beliefs, but don't follow them.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I am not saying anything about belief. You said no prophecies ever come true, so I thought I would show you some evidence.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree. I've actually been studying the effects of sites like this and people like Alex Jones where there are so many predictions and none ever come true. One of the MAIN problems is that when Alex, for instance, says things like, "According to my high-level sources," or things of that nature, he can be making up the statement to boost ratings, and he usually is making it up.

I've taken 20 people around me to do some testing, and the testing stage isn't done yet, but, 18 of the people when they started listening to Alex Jones, after the period where they get hooked, were more depressed overall in life. When they stopped listening, they were MUCH happier in life.

Same thing with sites such as this. The majority of readers were filled with dread and a sense of hopelessness when reading daily, but when stopped reading they regained a sense of humor, were more out-going -the extrovert in them came out again.

When it comes right down to it, the truth --the REAL truth is that things like the Bible Code, WebBot, Alex Jones and all the like, are wrong MUCH more than they're been right. They're only right on such general predictions such as "we will see a slight downward drop of the Dow over the next month," for example. Well of course you're gonna see a slight drop in Dow in a month --show me when you haven't!

Mancow used to be JUST like Alex Jones, but now what does he broadcast about? Sex! NONE of his "sources" ever panned out, and back in the late 1990's Mancow was doing the exact same thing that Alex is doing right now --doom and gloom on everything from Martial Law to black helicopters to Y2K. There's ALWAYS going to be SOMETHING to get your attention and guys like Mancow and Jones will ALWAYS be there to manipulate it and inject that into you.

One woman I read on this site in another thread even had her child stay home from school today because she was "being cautious." When the subject goes from in-action to action, THAT'S where the danger lies!

I'm all for banding together and uniting, but these people are going about it the wrong way --doom and gloom, and the real sad thing is, it's all for ratings. It's sad what we've become.

Alex Jones will end up like Mancow. When enough of his "predictions" don't pan out, he'll resort to the old faithful...sex, because that sells all the time.

Folks, it's fun to read about all the possibilities out there, but once you start thinking that aliens really are going to visit on November 27, 2009 (or whatever), or Obama is going to announce disclosure, then it's time to take a step back and regroup within yourself, then broaden out again on a different path.

All the worlds a stage and we are merely players. Just don't get played.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by OneNationUnder

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying I must critique one bit.

Alex Jones long ago mentioned high level Pentagon folks told him something was going to happen, staged terror, using their asset Bin Laden as the scape goat and the WTC as the target.

I'd link you but I'm on me phone. It should be easy to find on YouTube though. Search 'Alex Jones 9/11 prediction. It's from his old cable access show.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
your done!?!

I think that really means...

Your FREE!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
nothing is going to happen on a large, world changing scale

calm down, take your pills

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Until Dec. 2012 draws near of course!

I been waiting for this one since what the early eighties. Damned if I will bug out now.Y-2-K and all the others are pretty much entertainment
along the way to Dec.2012. Anything that happens between now and then
will definetly have the element of surprise going for it. No one will see
it coming. We have alot to make it thru before we see it though.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
.......say were is QA anyway, anybody seen her around??

Peace

You must have missed her last big HOAX earlier in the month:
FEMA Trains Being Stationed and Lined Up in San Francisco

One of our motivated & dedicated fellow ATS members in the Bay area, got off of their buns and did some actual investigative research to prove to us the type of Hoax she was perpetuating:
San Francisco "FEMA trains" - a look inside!

She hasn't returned since then.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i know how you feel

its really sad to see what this site has become especially since i have been been on this site for almost a decade

all doom and gloom and the same crap you see in the msm now

a lot has changed on ats, and as of late, seems to be nothing but crap

not too long ago, youd have a few doom and gloom threads hidden within incredibly creative, highly researched intelligent topics

now, you have things similar to fox news and arguments about beck and alex jones

makes you wonder who really owns ats now

years ago if something happened in politics, no matter what it was, you could be sure it was on here 1st

now well, i dont think i have to say anymore

edited to say good luck staying away

i too have wanted to stay away completely the past couple weeks, but its so hard not to at least check the main page hoping for some good threads within all the crap while im checking my other daily news sites

heres hoping to us signing on one day to the ats of old

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Waiting for bad stuff to happen is not good for you. All those negative vibes... This site has so much more to offer and some of the conspiracies are very real - We can rejoice in enlightenment and let the world know that some people will never stop questioning the 'Official Word'.

The world needs this place in the worst way, because there is really nothing else like it, anywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
you should have expected these predictions to not happen
about this pastor vincent xavier, who claimed to get his info from god, i guess if you look at history, monks,saints,yogis,mystics etc were are recluses, they disappeared into the wilderness, they didn't want anything to do with other people. These days these self-professed godmen actively seek believers instead of the other way round where people had to search for mystics
99.99% of these selfprofessed godmen are unwell, or are conmen or maybe they are really channeling something, something as incompetent as themselves
i watched an extended video of the pastor vincent prediction on youtube, after he makes his prediction, he asks for donations...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
.......say were is QA anyway, anybody seen her around??

Peace

You must have missed her last big HOAX earlier in the month:
FEMA Trains Being Stationed and Lined Up in San Francisco

One of our motivated & dedicated fellow ATS members in the Bay area, got off of their buns and did some actual investigative research to prove to us the type of Hoax she was perpetuating:
San Francisco "FEMA trains" - a look inside!

questioningall is a valuable contributor to this site and was not banned or even scolded for posting that information she genuinely believed to be valid. I think a great disservice to her has been done by the treatment she received from posters such as yourself. I don't blame her for having a bruised ego.
I think we all strive to post useful information in our attempts to deny ignorance and it's extremely disheartening to have juvenile "told-ya-so's" throw it back in your face.
There's a respectful way to tell people that they are mistaken and that way was not done with QA. I hope she forgives ATS and comes back. She is missed.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
questioningall is a valuable contributor to this site

Yeah, we all got some valuable laughs out of the misinformation, Hoax's, and Doomsday prophecies which she contributed.

I'm sure if you go looking hard enough for her, she might be found over on GLP forums.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by whitewave
questioningall is a valuable contributor to this site

Yeah, we all got some valuable laughs out of the misinformation, Hoax's, and Doomsday prophecies which she contributed.

I'm sure if you go looking hard enough for her, she might be found over on GLP forums.

*i'll take the one liner penalty*

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
ut oh. you know what they say...the minute you give up is when it happens.

seriously though, it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on things. plus, when something doomful doesn't happen, there's just another blessing to count.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
as for reminder,

reinhardt has been a few times quite accurate with financial and war predictions - never putting dates on staged war (pakistan is now in war) though but on the financial theatre, absolutely, yes.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I read and watch Doom and Gloom because its fun and some of the movies and stories are quite cool

To bad Hollywood dont come to ATS to get some good ideas about a good Doom and Gloom movie. This site has some very convincing theories about just about every possibility you could imagine.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You should always ignore dates, and what people say about them, precognition does not work like that.

Does not mean, the rest of the stuff here does not have some meaning.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
To bad Hollywood dont come to ATS to get some good ideas about a good Doom and Gloom movie. This site has some very convincing theories about just about every possibility you could imagine.

Are you sure they haven't already?

Thanks for the replies.....no way I can stay away from this site.....Just trying to curb my addiction away from D&G towards something more productive!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join