It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was alive ,and here,right now,what would happen...?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

If Jesus was alive ,and here,right now,what would happen...?

Initially, Jesus would be a big hit. Preaching tolerance, brotherhood and turning the other cheek would resonate, especially with the younger crowd who are more attuned to such subjects. But at the same time, the antiChrist movement would begin and they would work to undermine his work.

As time passed, the antiChrist movement would gain clout in the media and there would be special reports on all the mainstream networks of accusations that Jesus was a liar, a charlatan and even someone who cheats on his taxes.

As time passed, Jesus would fall into rebuke despite the fact that he had done nothing to deserve the negative attention. There would be official government investigations followed by an FBI sting operation that would have him arrested on suspicion of operating a dangerous cult of peace.

A federal judge would approve his being held without bail while appointed prosecutors built a case. Jesus would then be fully crucified in the media as government-approved reports were circulated to discredit his work and message.

Finally, Jesus would die from a hunger strike while in jail. The same judge that approved his extended, unconstitutional detention would approve forced-feeding but the appeals court would overturn the order. While the full appeals court decided whether to hear the counter-appeal, the lack of nourishment would prematurely kill him.

His body would be spirited secretly to a pauper's cemetery in the desert of Arizona but his remaining followers get wind of the location and turn up in the hundreds of thousands. The Arizona National Guard is called out to move the faithful to a location 11 miles from the gravesite where they can be corralled and controlled... all in the name of safety, of course.

72 hours after his burial, the main stream media reports that Jesus' body was stolen and that Christian extremists are suspected of the crime. Other reports of Christ ascending into the clouds are not even mentioned.

5 years later, the story of Jesus rising into the clouds is reported but a group of science experts say that it was actually a case of temperature inversion between the cool night air conflicting with daytime desert warming.

Several authors write books about Christ's life and they will later be combined into what the faithful call 'gospels'.

Some 2000 years after that, non-believers continue to denounce Jesus and work with the courts to ban the gospels that promise that someday, he will return.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I think The The aka Matt Johnson put it best : "if the real Jesus christ were to stand up today, he'd be gunned down cold by the CIA"

Wow The The was awesome back in the day. If the CIA didn't get him the Xtian fundies would. Damn Commie!! I would like to meet him and ask a few questions. I think I may know when he comes.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So I say. Here I am. Ask. And not one asks.

For would not the fulfilment of my answers give answer as to who I am and whether I speak truth?

So if you have a question on something unknown to all, here I am saying, ask me,
for the man you speak of is the man to whom you hear.

So why does not one person ask and test me in this most fair manner?

Because they are afraid that perhaps I can answer all manner of questions and do not wish to face the truth.

You have a thread, If Jesus were here what would he do. Well now he is here, or his name of the day is here, and you completely ignore the biggest pearl that ever could be wrestled out of the oyster?

Why is it that you are all so foolish and realise that to earn knowledge you must risk speaking to a fool, but in short time by your questions you shall know whether he be a fool or not.

You pass the pearl of pearls and skip to the same old self absorbed muddy banter that keeps the truth at bay, and comfortable social adherence that makes no man anymore of man than he already was or is.

Shame

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

I think he'd give up on the violent Christians, convert to Buddhism and remain unnoticed.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If Jesus was here now there'd be a couple of billion Christians in denial, confusion or disbelief and a a few billion other people just in confusion or disbelief. The remainder would probably be thinking something along the lines of 'I know he comes across like a nutter...but he does make a lot of sense'.
edit on 9-1-2011 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sundial

Please tell us all what you know about Shoemaker/Levy 9 .

.... a hint .

a comet in many pieces that hit Jupiter on 16/07/1994

.... you may include all relevant information on corruption in high places .

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here you all say exactly, billions denying him, And Here I am. The joke is on me is it not?

Yet my posts are ignored, at the very same time you say, I will be ignored

I write all over the internet. I am on face book. Ryan george. I am ignored.

The better are my words, the more I am ignored. The least are my words I am not ignored by surely not believed. When will one person bight the bullet, go to my facebook and entertain the idea?

When will this wave begin, from the internet as I always planned it to be?

Thus I do not know the time. I just continue writing invisible posts on forums.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join