It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists who want to destroy the state get £100,000 funding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I know that,and I am a UK citizen.

My apologies.

What I was trying to say is that it seems that we have a two tier justice system in the UK at the moment-If you are part of the Government you can pretty much expect to get away with the sorts of behaviour that the rest of us would be locked up for.

Yes but I don't think that's applicable to the item you posted, for the reasons I gave in my last post.

I am thinking along the lines of fraud(expenses claims),torture or the clandestine support and facilitation of torture,kidnap(rendition)along with the above financial support for extremists.

These are not(nor should they be)something the average UK citizen would get away with.

Because they're not something the average U.K. citizen is in a position to do, obviously. But on the subject of "above financial support for extremists," I notice you didn't reply to any of the points I raised and have just continued to say the same as before. Did you read the article you posted? It's £100,000 for schools run by a registered charity and pseudo-political party. Your point is null and void in relation to them because they're a registered charity and have obviously received many donations from the general public already.

As we have seen,the government has got away with this and more.
Those in such positions of power should set an example to the rest of us I believe,not be given an easy ride for thier less than lawful behaviour,IMO.
Those who claim the moral high ground,whilst in government,should at the very least abide by the law of the land.

Is that too much to aim for in a so called "democracy?"

Please see above, further above and further above that.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Come May/June next year the organisation will be banned, so its something of a non-story really.

That is unless Brown decides to cut fuel duty in half, stop taxing cigarettes and alchohol, bring every British serviceman overseas home and - miraculously - turns into Cheryl Cole and manages to get re-elected.

So as I said....they'll be banned

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Come May/June next year the organisation will be banned, so its something of a non-story really.

They're not banned at the moment though, are they?

That is unless Brown decides to cut fuel duty in half, stop taxing cigarettes and alchohol, bring every British serviceman overseas home and - miraculously - turns into Cheryl Cole and manages to get re-elected.

So as I said....they'll be banned

Hah. Maybe, maybe... But are you not the least bit hesitant to put too much faith into the promises of Cameron and his future cabinet of turds? I'd be careful associating terms like "they will" with politics, if I were you.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

post by Cadbury
Because they're not something the average U.K. citizen is in a position to do, obviously. But on the subject of "above financial support for extremists," I notice you didn't reply to any of the points I raised and have just continued to say the same as before. Did you read the article you posted? It's £100,000 for schools run by a registered charity and pseudo-political party. Your point is null and void in relation to them because they're a registered charity and have obviously received many donations from the general public already.

Fair enough,you are correct to say that technically no crime has been comitted as the government forgot/refused to ban this so called legitimate charity.
Even after they promised to ban them.
So it maybe morally reprehensible of them to fund said "charity"but you are right its not illegal.

post by Cadbury
Because they're not something the average U.K. citizen is in a position to do, obviously.

Not sure about that part-people are locked up all the time for just such crimes as fraud,kidnap,and torture.
And all of us are in a position whereby we could,if we chose,kidnap someone,or defraud someone.

op by neformoreCome May/June next year the organisation will be banned, so its something of a non-story really.

Wait,so the government are not even going to ban the group now that they are aware of their aims?
Blimey.
I hope thats incorrect.
Otherwise it would mean that the government are willfully supporting this group.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

True, knowing someone who works for the Government and who says that they love to waste taxpayers money is ok, but funding an extremist school is tantamount to sheer stupidity or at the very most funding terrorism, giving money to schools is ok provding they teach the right things, these kind of schools only teach one thing, that is to hate anything different to them. THey'll teach the impressionable minds that to hate Britain and its way of life is good and that Sharia law is acceptable and that to try and evict the history and law of a country that you live in or are maybe not native to is ok, and if you get caught they would be so complacent as to belive it when you say they the'r laws breach your human rights, but all other who believe different to you do not qualify for human rights.

It sickens me to be English and that this cr*p goes on, maybe we should start our revolution early? oh and theres no reports of this on the BBC as of yet.? why is that? I wonder.

Edited to add?: Phew , glad I didn't slag these people down too much as I just clocked silicone post below mine, I'm all in favour or different schools but if they teach murder is good no matter what the crime then sorry I stand by my beliefs.

[edit on 27/10/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It appears that I need to do more research on the subject,as the web page of Hizb ut-Tahrir claims that they are totally none violent:

Our Method Hizb ut-Tahrir adopts the methodology employed by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) when he established the first Islamic State in Madinah. The Prophet Muhammad limited his struggle for the establishment of the Islamic State to intellectual and political work. He established this Islamic state without resorting to violence. He worked to mobilise public opinion in favour of Islam and endeavoured to sway the political and intellectual elites of the time. Despite the persecution and boycott of the Prophet Muhammad and the early Muslims, they never resorted to violence.

The party is therefore proactive in disseminating the Islamic intellectual and political thoughts widely in Muslim societies so as to challenge the existing status quo that exists there. The party presents Islam as a comprehensive way of life that is capable of managing the affairs of state and society. The party also expresses its views on political events and analyses them from an Islamic perspective. The party disseminates its thoughts through discussion with the masses, study circles, lectures, seminars, leaflet distribution, publishing books and magazines and via the Internet. We encourage people to attend our demonstrations, marches and vigils.

Does Hizb ut-Tahrir advocate violence? Hizb-ut-Tahrir is convinced that the change we seek must start in the minds of people and we do not accept for people or societies to be forced to change by violence and terror. Consequently, Hizb ut-Tahrir does not advocate or engage in violence. The party strictly adheres to Islamic law in all aspects of its work. It is an Islamic intellectual and political entity that seeks to change people?s thoughts through intelligent discussion and debate. We consider that Islamic law forbids violence or armed struggle against the regime as a method to re-establish the Islamic State.

www.hizb.org.uk...

However, to implement an Islamic state would seem contraditary to their proclamations of none violence,as Sharia law does advocate violence and the death penalty as forms of punishment.

It still beggars belief as to how our government would finance a group who wish to overthrow thier way of governing the country.

Hizb regards integration as “dangerous” and says that British Muslims should “fight assimilation” into British society. It wants to create a global Islamic superstate, or “caliphate”, initially in Muslim-majority countries and then across the rest of the world. It says that “those [Muslims] who believe in democracy are Kafir”, or apostates. It orders all Muslims to keep apart from non-believers

www.telegraph.co.uk...
If this group regards certain people as"Kafir,"It does not sound as though they are as non violent as they claim,as apostates/Kafir can be executed under Sharia law:

More recently, Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi, a noted 20th century Islamic Scholar argued that verses [Qur'an 9:11 ] of the Qur'an sanction death for apostasy.

Some prominent contemporary examples of death sentences threatened or issued for apostasy include Abdul Rahman, an Afghan convert to Christianity who was arrested and jailed on the charge of rejecting Islam in 2006 but later released as mentally incompetent

Although this is not always the belief:

W. Heffening states that in Qur'an "the apostate is threatened with punishment in the next world only," adding that Shafi'is interpret verse [Qur'an 2:217 ] as adducing the main evidence for the death penalty in the Qur'an. Wael Hallaq holds that "nothing in the law governing apostate and apostasy derives from the letter of the holy text."[4] The dissenting Shia jurist Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri, a significant Shi'a religious authority, states that the above verses do not prescribe an earthly penalty for apostasy

3 above quotes from external source:
en.wikipedia.org...

It would be interesting to find out how Hizb ut-Tahrir would deal with an apostate.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well then that confirms my suspicions. Either its the greedy MPs taking Tax payers money OR they're giving it away to people who hate british culture and seek to destroy it.

I laughed when i read the article, Thought it fitted the current image of labour party perfectly.

On my local news tonight they where talking about how prisoners have TV's, HI-FI's, Games consoles and stuff in their cell. Meals Brought to them. £15 a head per day to feed. Someone in the NHS? £2 a head to feed. This whole country needs to be turned upside down, The trash thrown out and we need to start from SCRATCH!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
Hah. Maybe, maybe... But are you not the least bit hesitant to put too much faith into the promises of Cameron and his future cabinet of turds? I'd be careful associating terms like "they will" with politics, if I were you.

Well, I'm fairly sure the Tories won't welch on that promise.

However, I put faith in a certain infantry regiment to keep things in order when need be

top topics

<< 1   >>

join