It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists who want to destroy the state get £100,000 funding

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Islamists who want to destroy the state get £100,000 funding

www.telegraph.co.uk

Leading members of a group that wants to bring down the British state and replace it with a dictatorship under Islamic law have secured more than £100,000 of taxpayers’ money for a chain of schools.

Accounts filed at the Charity Commission show that the Government paid a total of £113,411 last year to a foundation run by senior members and activists of Hizb ut-Tahrir — a notorious Islamic extremist group that ministers promised to ban.
The public money helped run a nursery school and two Islamic primary schools where children are taught key elements of Hizb’s ideology from the age
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is the perfect illustration of the unbelievable incompetance of the UK government.
At least I hope its incompetance.
The group who the government "promised" to ban,has actually been SUPPORTED finacially by them!
You couldn't make it up could you?
The article goes on to explain how this group are anti integration,and wish to set up a global caliphate.
What a lovely bunch of folks...you can understand why the government gave them over £100 000.(sarc)
How crazy is this?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
More info:

Patrick Mercer, Conservative MP for Newark and Chairman of the Parliamentary Sub-Committee on Counter-Terrorism, condemned grants to schools with connections to extremist groups. He said: 'Hizb ut-Tahrir may not be illegal but it has definitely been identified as part of the conveyor-belt to terrorism. That Hizb is involved with vulnerable youngsters is deeply disturbing.' It is revealed that three schools — in Tottenham, north London, and Slough, Berks — are run by the Islamic Shakhsiyah Foundation, a registered charity. The foundation’s lead trustee is Yusra Hamilton, a leading Hizb activist who is married to Taji Mustafa, Hizb ut-Tahrir’s chief spokesman in Britain. In July 2007, Leader of the Opposition David Cameron asked the new Prime Minister Gordon Brown why the organisation had not been banned from the United Kingdom, arguing it was an extremist group.

www.ccfon.org...

And from Pakistan:

The British Government has failed woefully at curbing Islamist radicalisation. Muslim alienation, especially amongst the youth is on the rise in the UK. A recent paper by the UK think tank, Policy Exchange, highlighted the growing divide. Of all the categories, the 16-24 year-old Muslims were the most estranged from mainstream Britain, especially compared with their parents' generation. Thirty eight per cent of them felt they have more in common with Muslims than with non-Muslims. Thirty five per cent would prefer to send their child to an Islamic school, 37 per cent would prefer shariah law and 13 per cent "admired organisations like Al Qaeda". This is worrying for Britain's liberal democracy. Even more worryingly, a new generation is being radicalised, often with the very government funds that are supposed to be countering radicalisation. The British Government's counter-terrorism strategy is called Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE). In the past three years, 90 million pounds have been spent on PVE. However, by focusing on 'violent extremism', as opposed to all extremism, the government has allowed itself to hop into bed with organisations and groups deeply opposed to liberal, democratic values. These groups have ties with the Muslim brotherhood, and our very own Jaamat-e-Islami. Perhaps by joining hands with non-violent extremist groups, the government hopes to provide a defence, a pressure valve if you like, against violent extremism among the angry Muslim youth. But by collaborating with these groups, the government is effectively supporting and funding the Islamist ideology that spawns an illiberal, intolerant and anti-western view.

www.thenews.com.pk...

I despair at the quality of our current UK government,I really do.
A sack of dead fish could do a better job,I am sure.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is like somebody saying "I want to shoot you in the head and kill you, but, I don't have a gun or bullets. Could you give me the money so that I can buy a gun and bullets?" and you say "Sure. This should be enough to do it. I'll be waiting right here for you to come back.".

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is why I Vote BNP, somebody needs to deal with the foreign nationals who want to destroy our country. only BNP have the balls to face the real issues, To top it off our Government now makes sure they get looked after too, news like this is why BNP are doing so bloody well

[edit on 26-10-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Thats exactlly what its like.
Although I sometimes wonder if the government do this kind of crap so that they can generate enough extremists to be able to have a reason for destroying the freedoms of the individual.

"See those draconian anti terror laws are needed,look at all the extremists!!!(that we funded)"

say the government.

Or do I assume they have more intelligence than they actually have-Are they just first class incompetent goons?
I am not sure which.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Its this that makes me sick to my stomach the government and its support agencies is run by complete fools

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
[Or do I assume they have more intelligence than they actually have-Are they just first class incompetent goons?
I am not sure which.

Don't think for one second that those in Government are smarter than you. Remember the old saying. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach go into Government.".

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is on par with the US Gov allocating extra moneys, gathered by taxes, to bribe the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan...so we can fight them better.

What's up with the BE's stance on Islamic Fundamentalism? Probably Political Correctism. Do they think: It's not a movement within a religion, it's the religion itself. Therefore, we can't suppress religion, therefore they can do whatever they want. ? Is that it?

Just wondering.
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
THEY ARE OPENLY FUNDING HOMEGROWN TERRORISM.

Typical NWO-false-flag tactics...and they are blaming it on incompetence...as 911 was...

CREATE A CRISIS = CRISIS HITS = BRING YOUR SOLUTION.

More government funded crises... nothing new, but this time they are doing it in the open.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Its beyond the pale insn't it?
Maybe the ministers responsible should get a taste of their own anti terror laws,40 days detention without trial,followed by a nice bit of "rendition"to some dark hole in cuba/jordan/pakistan,where they recieve the full hospitality treatment,complete with electrodes,and invigorating waterboarding sessions.

Cameron should go ballistic over this,I mean its exactlly as you say-the government are funding home grown extremists.

Boot this pack of goons out of power I say,and quick.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I am not sure if corruption being so obvious is a bad thing to anyone.

Maybe some of those mobsters didn't play by the rules so they'll get punished for "incompetence" or whatever. Or maybe it's time for another political party (aka criminal organization) to get into position making people feel much better. Also, citizens are not happy current state of affairs overall so why not make the other party look like saints and saviours.

You know, if there's not enough "obviously corrupt politicians" then people may actually learn what's going on behind the curtains. Make some sensationalistic news and punish some disobedient politician in the way and you get a win win. Something like public beheading in old England to satisfy crowds while real crooks continue their daily business.

We've got lots of so called "controversial businessman" guys here so I'm all familiar with these patterns.

Still though, it's not good to see government investing into new generations of probable shooting targets.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Her Majesty's Government enjoys a little sport. £100,000? Nothing. A mere plastic football to kick once or twice around the grounds.

Look, this country isn't going to revert to medieval brutality over nothing. But make no mistake about it this country could revert to medieval brutality.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

True its nothing to them,but could you imagine what they would do to joe public if it was he who had funded these extremists?
He would be on a terror watch list,maybe be locked up,and have a media hate campaign against him for funding these potential home grown terrorists.

All I ask for is that they are prosecuted for this as anyone else would be-I know thats to much to hope for though.

What if in 5-10 years time some of these extremists bombed a UK city?
Would the government be in the dock?I doubt it.

Is it too much to ask that all people have to abide by the same laws?
It is in the UK it seems.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Excellent post mate! Our country is slowly killing it self from the inside.

Im actually 3/4 of a way through making a big thread about our government and the, shall we say 'lack' of ??laws towards Muslim extremists, damn i don't even know a word for what our government is doing.

Think i may use the source you quoted if you don't mind

Again, thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Firstly I think it's important to remember that these are a minority of a minority, and for a change nobody has really bashed Muslims in general yet which is awesome - seriously, I'm impressed.

I have to say that this is completely outrageous and something needs to be done, even the father of one of the children there doesn't seem happy with the school - he probably doesn't have a choice where his children go to get an education (another failing of this country).

What if in 5-10 years time some of these extremists bombed a UK city? Would the government be in the dock?I doubt it.

No, but they should be - and seeing as it's the government - the charge is treason.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
Firstly I think it's important to remember that these are a minority of a minority, and for a change nobody has really bashed Muslims in general yet which is awesome - seriously, I'm impressed.

For a minority of a minority they seem to have a pretty loud voice in UK politics. The UK has one of the same problems as the US, apathy. You would be surprised at the number of people who can't be bothered to vote in an election. As a result you end up with this minority having a political impact way out of proportion to their numbers.

Don't give me that crap about there being nobody to vote for or that your one vote doesn't count. That plays right into their hands.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Very true,most Muslims would agree that the group in question have no place in our society.
The extremists are a nasty minority,who should be dealt with in a harsh manner,instead of giving them government funding for god's sake!
I did worry that this thread may turn into a muslim bashing thread,but I hoped it would not,and thought the information too important not to post.

I know quite a few Muslims,and shortly after 911,I made a point of asking them how they felt about the whole "caliphate" idea.

Not one of them thought it was anything other than a sick demonisation of their religion,by violent nutters.
Thats not to say its not a problem here,as we do have many young Muslims being radicalised-not only by hateful "clerics,"but also by the inhuman actions of our own government in their wars in the middle east.

Its bizarre that the Government have not only created more Muslim extremists by their actions-they have also given the far right extremists a platform to spread thier equally hateful message.

Way to go government,you expert mass hate generators...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
True its nothing to them,but could you imagine what they would do to joe public if it was he who had funded these extremists?

The answer to that is probably not a lot, as this was funding given to two already existing Islamic primary schools and a nursery run by a global Islamic political party and registered charity. I expect they have already been in receipt of contributions from the public, fellow observer.

He would be on a terror watch list,maybe be locked up,and have a media hate campaign against him for funding these potential home grown terrorists.

Should he be funding the makings of terror, yes. But these schools are run by a registered charity, according to the article. I'm not sure how these kids will grow up and I certainly don't agree with the stated goals of the party (in a free society it's not uncommon to come across people with an ideology you don't agree with), but they appear at the moment to be legitimate.

What if in 5-10 years time some of these extremists bombed a UK city? Would the government be in the dock?I doubt it.

Too many variables to form comment.

Is it too much to ask that all people have to abide by the same laws?
It is in the UK it seems.

People break the law in any country or region that has a people and a law. You would do well to not point your finger at us.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
People break the law in any country or region that has a people and a law. You would do well to not point your finger at us.

I know that,and I am a UK citizen.What I was trying to say is that it seems that we have a two tier justice system in the UK at the moment-If you are part of the Government you can pretty much expect to get away with the sorts of behaviour that the rest of us would be locked up for.
I am thinking along the lines of fraud(expenses claims),torture or the clandestine support and facilitation of torture,kidnap(rendition)along with the above financial support for extremists.

These are not(nor should they be)something the average UK citizen would get away with.

As we have seen,the government has got away with this and more.
Those in such positions of power should set an example to the rest of us I believe,not be given an easy ride for thier less than lawful behaviour,IMO.
Those who claim the moral high ground,whilst in government,should at the very least abide by the law of the land.

Is that too much to aim for in a so called "democracy?"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join