It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phones cause brain cancer, says World Health Organisation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
WHO studies cause cancer. These studies are pure bull#. They don't know WHAT causes cancer. These studies are just to scare people. They are misleading. What they should say is that "We tested a group of people who use cell phones and this many ended up with cancer. We cannot prove that the cell phones had anything to do with their cancer, because, we DON'T know what causes cancer. The people in the test group might have gotten cancer if they never used a cell phone.".

Well, that's what the control group should be for... to determine a variance between those who used cell phones and those who didn't.

Though you are right about more factors being involved...

And just to clear it up.. they didn't say cancer in general.. but Brain Cancer specifically.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I agree with you to an extent. But it's complete stupid of you to say we/they don't know what causes cancer. I mean come on people..........in this day and age it's pretty obvious what causes cancer. Cancer is a trigger. There isn't ONE cause for cancer i.e. some sort of on off switch that can be located in some deep stretch of the human body. Maybe genetically but we far far away from figuring that out.

It's obvious cancer is caused by our lives nowadays. From everything we eat to all the chemicals we are exposed to etc. If you look at just how many chemicals and preservatives and toxins the average person is exposed to it's insane. Just think about all the crap you use. Day in and day out. Detergents, lotions, processed food, air conditioning, rugs/carpets, clothing, plastics, drinking water, etc. Chemicals are EVERYWHERE nowadays. Do you think people were exposed to so many chemicals 100-200 years ago? Maybe people didn't live long enough to die of cancer or even get it. That's usually a common argument among people like you. But cancer was far less common. The incidences of cancer nowadays have brainwashed all into believing it's a normal part of aging. IT IS NOT!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Mobile phones cause brain cancer, says World Health Organisation

www.computerweekly.com

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has found links between the use of mobile phones and the development of brain cancer.

The WHO has carried out a 10-year study that has evidence that heavy mobile users have a higher risk of developing brain tumours later in life, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The results of the £20m study are expected to be published.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/6420093/Long-term-use-of-mobile-phones-may-be-linked-to-cancer.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]

The World Health Organisation and all the rest of these cancerous agencies are causing it. Assholes!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What really bakes my noodle, literally, is the idea of cellies causing cancer has been around for a good while now.
How many times has it been disputed by official channels claiming "they're safe"? Like the air at ground zero was?
So I guess the fact that we could still use them while they are potentially killing people, has nothing to do with business, huh?

How many times have I seen kids running around with those damned things glued to their ears?

Time for some sanctions and taxes, just like cigarettes!
Hey they kill people too, and in greater numbers, and that's OK, ain't it?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Exactlly!!And TPTB go about whinging because no one believes a damn thing they say any more.

Well heres an idea-stop telling lies,and maybe people might believe you.
Money and deception are far more important to them than truth sadly.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As a 12 year old back in 2000 I remember reading this in a PopSci magazine and deciding that I didnt want a cellphone because of the danger. To this day I have never had a cellphone.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Interesting.

I wonder if this is connected to codex alimentarius... Nah. WHO is just concerned for our well being.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm very skeptical about this - the electromagnetic radiation of very low power coming from cell phones is in the radio band, and being non-ionizing means it can't directly damage cells (more specifically, DNA), but only exciting (for the power involved, slightly warm them) them.

Since these people claim to have found "some links" and not clear and empirical proof of cancer caused by cell phones, my take is that heavy cell phone users are more likely to develop some form of cancer not directly because of their use, but probably because of more stressful and possibly unhealthful lives.

[edit on 2009-10-26 by Shirakawa]

EDIT, in addition to the above:

If you want to take this to the extreme and to a conspiratorial side, the eventual total ban of cell phones (and therefore communication), backed by "health concerns" would be nothing but beneficial to corrupt and/or violent governments (which are already on the way of severely restricting the internet).

[edit on 2009-10-27 by Shirakawa]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

Yeah, I would agree with this, Shira. Furthermore, there have been a slew of other studies which found no link, though overwork and not taking good care of yourself as heavy cell-phone talkers tend to do is never good for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
What really bakes my noodle,

Please o please tell me this was an intentional pun.

If it's not I have a deviant sick mind....and I shouldn't be laughing, but it's....fitting.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This has already been known for years. I did the research back in 2004. At first, it seemed to be mixed results from studies. Then I found a site which dug a little deeper. This site explained that the studies not finding damage were funded by the telecom industries. Go figure! This was back in '04, I think. Also, I remember seeing pictures of the brain areas heated by the microwaves. In children, it was more than half the brain! In adults, it's only a few inches in.

This is very freaky! How are people still not aware of this?! I've been usuing a corded hands-free set for years now. If I'm not using it, I'll use speaker phone or only txt. Also, I do my best not to keep my phone near me. Especially in my pocket. That's a no-no as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

How many times has it been disputed by official channels claiming "they're safe"? Like the air at ground zero was?

This is exactly the reason I almost vomit when I hear educated people spouting off all their knowledgeable facts to fly in the face of those that have questions.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
I'm very skeptical about this - the electromagnetic radiation of very low power coming from cell phones is in the radio band, and being non-ionizing means it can't directly damage cells (more specifically, DNA), but only exciting (for the power involved, slightly warm them) them.

Good point,
Maybe there is a degree of cell "exitation" which is not damaging,although the food additive aspartame has been seen to "exite" cells enoughg to kill or change them,possibly leading to cancers(according to some research).
So it could be that short calls are not harmful,but longer calls could have negative effects.
Maybe a small amount of EM radiation can build up some kind of resonant effect upon the cells,which may lead to damage after longer periods on the phone?

Originally posted by Shirakawa
If you want to take this to the extreme and to a conspiratorial side, the eventual total ban of cell phones (and therefore communication), backed by "health concerns" would be nothing but beneficial to corrupt and/or violent governments (which are already on the way of severely restricting the internet).

Hmm,I think not-cell phones play a major part in the surveillance matrix,with their ease of tracking and wiretapping.
I do not believe TPTB would throw away this pervasive resourse as they would lose a massive amount of information on the masses.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I agree with you. The main issue is what trips that trigger. I have a firm belief that background electromagnetic radiation might be a cause, but, it would be hard to prove. Right now we don't even know if there is an increase in the number of people who have cancer, because, we have just gotten the capability to detect several forms of cancer.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Please o please tell me this was an intentional pun.
If it's not I have a deviant sick mind....and I shouldn't be laughing, but it's....fitting.

Yes it was intentional.

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
This is exactly the reason I almost vomit when I hear educated people spouting off all their knowledgeable facts to fly in the face of those that have questions.

I know exactly what you mean.
At least we know that we can't get a lick of truth out of those mother Fer's for any G'D' reason other than to justify a profit.

Even if it is still any chance, research should have been conducted.
I don't mean the 10 yrs of Guinna pig kind either.

[edit on 10/27/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I know people who talk on the 3-4hrs a day. I have tried to warn them but they laugh at me like I'm a freak.. well they won't be laughing soon. If I must use one I use a low powered bluetooth headset, I think it is like .02watts. I hear some use wired ear piece but I had read some reports that the wired ear pieces turn into a conduit beaming the radiation directly into your skull through the ear piece.. who knows... One thing is for certain, there will be a global epidemic of brain cancer very soon.

Yes - that seems prudent - and this is what I am led to understand - but could anyone here confirm that low powered bluetooth headsets ARE in fact believed to be the least radiation you can currently be exposed to while using mobile phones?

Is there a directional shield that you can use with regular phones (I care not about appearences since I never hold long conversations in public areas)

Any advice / clarification on this would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It makes me wonder about the phone masts..we got told they were safe as well,but many people reported nasty effects from living too close to them:

Health under threat Eileen O'Connor Eileen O'Connor believes her ill health was caused by a nearby phone mast Wishaw resident, Eileen O'Connor, claims that the mast, erected in the village over a decade ago, brought with it a variety of health complaints from many local residents ranging from nosebleeds to headaches. But for Eileen, it was worse - breast cancer.

Testing, testing ... The Department of Health and the Mobile Operators Association insist that British masts conform to international safety standards. In fact Ofcom found they were using just a tiny fraction of thier permitted output. But these safety standards focus largely on measuring thermal emissions - whether the microwaves heat up whatever they come into contact with

www.bbc.co.uk...

What's Wrong With Masts? "Cancer Clusters" have been found around Mobile Phone Masts, up to 400 metres from a mast. People living near each other and close to a mast have ended up with rare cancers at nearly the same time as each other. These people live where they are getting the strongest signal from the nearby mast(s). This has been the case in Devon, Lincolnshire and Staffordshire. It isn't just cancer! Other people living in these areas, close to masts commonly find they get many common symptoms including heart palpitations (flutters), lots of headaches, nose bleeds, problems sleeping, itchy burning skin and feel really depressed.

www.mastsanity.org...

Mobile phone masts - Now our police are getting sick We can't help feeling that we're building a major health problem with our networks of mobile phone masts, and we fear the problem will worsen as the G3 masts start appearing. One example of this advanced technology is the Tetra mobile network, which is being introduced to all 53 of the UK's police forces. It is an advanced digital network that should be fully operational by next spring, at a cost of £2.9 billion to the UK government. As usual, the network has been introduced with all the standard scientific platitudes that it is perfectly safe. But early reports back 'from the field' suggest otherwise. Six people based at one police station in Norfolk have all reported sick with a debilitating health condition since a Tetra mast was install......

(subscription article)

www.wddty.com...

All of this has been well and truly hushed up in the UK.
The phones themselves may only cause symptoms to the individual,where as the masts could be responsible for a much bigger number of illnesses.
Makes you wonder.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join