It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phones cause brain cancer, says World Health Organisation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Mobile phones cause brain cancer, says World Health Organisation

www.computerweekly.com

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has found links between the use of mobile phones and the development of brain cancer.

The WHO has carried out a 10-year study that has evidence that heavy mobile users have a higher risk of developing brain tumours later in life, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The results of the £20m study are expected to be published.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/6420093/Long-term-use-of-mobile-phones-may-be-linked-to-cancer.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/ur l]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The secret is finally out.Excessive cellphone use DOES increase the risks of certain types of brain cancer.
I wonder if the phone companies tried to supress this report?

Will anybody change thier mobile/cell phone use because of this report I wonder?

I have only used mine for texts for years,since finding out about the possibility of the phones causing cancer.

These phones should no longer be sold to kids,who will more likeley be more at risk I would have thought.

www.computerweekly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Oddly enough I saw this on FoxNews last night as the ticker for Glenn Beck.

My son has been wanting a phone for a while now...

I've continued to say no at this point because he is still developing...

Myself, I use a wired headset... or speakerphone

Even on my home cordless... wired headset... or speakerphone

[edit on 26-10-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From the Telegraph:

A preliminary breakdown of the results found a “significantly increased risk” of some brain tumours “related to use of mobile phones for a period of 10 years or more” in some studies. The head of the Interphone investigation said that the report would include a “public health message”. Britain’s Department of Health has not updated its guidance for more than four years. It says that “the current balance of evidence does not show health problems caused by using mobile phones”, and suggests only that children be “discouraged” from making “non-essential” calls while adults should “keep calls short”. In contrast, several other countries, notably France, have begun strengthening warnings and American politicians are urgently investigating the risks.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Good move,its always better to be overcatious in these circumstances.
Its the usual story though isn't it?
We are told for years that there is no risk,only to find out that in truth,there is a risk.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've always hated cell phones, but I also hate microwaves. I had one for a job, was required to have one. I spoke to my mother once for about an hour, and the phone got extremely hot and I decided then I hated them. I'm glad I have something to point at for my distrust instead of just being labeled a lunatic.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Ahhh so now i can say it's *not* weird for someone my age to despise mobile phones and never want one. You should see the look on girls faces at the pub when they ask for my number and i tell them i don't own a mobile,priceless. In any case i never trust only one study,no matter how long it is held for. Hopefully this catches the scientific community and more studies are on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nice find. If true it looks like the WHO may have to update their website.

www.who.int...

Cancer: Current scientific evidence indicates that exposure to RF fields, such as those emitted by mobile phones and their base stations, is unlikely to induce or promote cancers. Several studies are under way to determine whether the results of some studies on animals have any relevance to cancer in human beings. Recent epidemiological studies have found no convincing evidence of an increased cancer risk or any other disease with mobile phone use.......

Other health effects: Scientists have reported other health effects of using mobile phones including changes in brain activity, reaction times, and sleep patterns. These effects are minor and have no apparent health significance. More studies are underway to try to confirm these findings....

Conclusions: No recent national or international reviews have concluded that exposure to the RF fields from mobile phones or their base stations causes any adverse health consequence. However, areas have been identified by the WHO's EMF Project for further research to better assess health risks and have led to over US$ 250 million in research worldwide to study RF effects on health. It will take about 2-3 years for the required RF research to be completed, evaluated and to publish an updated WHO health risk assessment.

I won't hold my breath though.....

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I said that years ago in 90's when i noticed the first phones, would burn the side of my face when i was using it.

I have never used one since, around 2000.

You should stay away from them.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You mean exposing your head to radiation is dangerous, phew that was 20 million well spent. Good thing this will be ignored now.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Damn right folks,I noticed the old "head heating up"routine as well,and for the first couple of weeks after I got my first phone,I would sometimes hear weird noises in the ear I used with the phone.
The noise was like a boingy spring type echo,and went away after a couple of weeks.
Never had anything like it before,or since.
I have long since stopped holding the phone to my head as you can imagine.Speaker only for me,and very small amount of phone use.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I hear you on this one. I don't like talking on the phone, at all. My husband insists that I carry a cell phone for emergencies when I am away from home. I talk to my children who live in other states a couple of times a month.

We moved a lot during the last year, so, we have the pay as you go phones. I spend about $25.00 a month for minutes. My husband spends that much a week, and then uses mine when his minutes run out. He is one of those people who looks like the phone is glued to his ear.

I have told him about the link between brain cancer and cell phones, but he thinks I am using that as an excuse to complain about how much money he spends on minutes.

I'm going to make him read this article.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is great news. What we are learning is that frequency can be bad for our health. What this says to me is that frequency could also be very good for our health. Time to invent the frequency health improvement device.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Hey good point,and thanks for helping me see a possible positive in the situation.

Maybe that guy with the funny name was onto something after all,Royal Raymond whatnot...

en.wikipedia.org...

Claimed his frequency machine could cure all sorts I think.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know people who talk on the 3-4hrs a day. I have tried to warn them but they laugh at me like I'm a freak.. well they won't be laughing soon. If I must use one I use a low powered bluetooth headset, I think it is like .02watts. I hear some use wired ear piece but I had read some reports that the wired ear pieces turn into a conduit beaming the radiation directly into your skull through the ear piece.. who knows... One thing is for certain, there will be a global epidemic of brain cancer very soon.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For some reason or other, some people are only really feeling the energy those things put out.

Personally i think it destroys your energy in your aura too.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Way back when the first mobile phones came out,on of my friends had one from day one,and had one ever since.That was about 6-8 years before they became "mainstream."So my friend had all those extra years of phone use.And he used it a lot,daily.

He developed epilepsy about 5 years ago.
Of course I cannot say if that is related to the phone use,but you have to wonder.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

OT:

I didn't realize you could "develop" epilepsy... I had it as a child, and "grew out of it" but I didn't realize you could develop it...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
WHO studies cause cancer. These studies are pure bull#. They don't know WHAT causes cancer. These studies are just to scare people. They are misleading. What they should say is that "We tested a group of people who use cell phones and this many ended up with cancer. We cannot prove that the cell phones had anything to do with their cancer, because, we DON'T know what causes cancer. The people in the test group might have gotten cancer if they never used a cell phone.".

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I wonder if that happened to me, around 2000, i would goto bed and wake up in the morning, and my bed would be broke, and i must of been shaking really badly during the night, and i was 12.5 stone back then.

I wonder if it may have been to do with the phones, i have used the phones for years now, and i sleep on the floor since, but i do not shake anymore i think.

Good point, i wonder if the phones, may have done it to me back then, as it would fry the side of my face.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join