It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yet another "doomsdate" come and gone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I totally agree that eventually the ground will fall out from beneath us, I just don't think it can be predicted down to the exact day and time. It may not even have anything to do with human beings. An asteroid could bring all these changes, but there is no reason to fear it anyways. If it happens, it happens. Pick up the pieces (if there are any left) and move on.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Stock market diving... eh.. whatever

down 200 points in the last 45 minutes.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

That a very good point. Like the whole telephone game we all played as a kid. The original message gets too convoluted.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
While I can agree w/ this thread, as I'm fairly new to this stuff, I find myself reading this crap & getting interested in it to see................................................................................................................................ nothing. Which ultimately is a good thing. But this has been done all through time. The internet as we all know, has just propagated the fear, and failed expectations. Unfortunately, I'll probably give more of those threads some more of my personal time. I guess it's just interest in what is being said between the predictors & the debunkers.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Actually, I believe the web bot predicts a "trigger" event, and not one that ends up being national news for about two weeks, and is likely to be located somewhere outside the US. The bombings this weekend could be such an event. TMZ gives the time at 6 pm this evening and speaks of "novelty" which doesn't mean disaster.

I note that Capmark reported a $1.6 billion dollar loss and has filed for bankruptcy this weekend. This will likely trigger the beginning of the collapse of the commercial real estate market, which experts pretty much agree will make the housing market look like a bucket of fun.

As I type this, the Dow is down 111 points. That seems to be pretty significant.

The problem, as I see it, is that many of you expect to sit in front of your computer screen (um who said with a sandwich and chips. . . ) and be presented with some monumental event which heralds the end of the world in order for these predictions to be true in your mind. Because it hasn't met your expectations, or the speculations of the posters here -- regardless of what the web bot said or TMZ predicts -- it's a failure?

Talk about getting up out of your chairs and doing something. . . what program have you invented and shared with the world for future modeling? The people who follow these events at least give room for the possibility that these programs might be beneficial.

What have you produced? Or is your valuable contribution merely to criticize others?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

Trigger? As if so many crazy things aren't happening already? And its not ME making predictions. Sure, what you are saying me be the more introspective, well-thought way to look at this, but I have read posts talking about straight-up financial melt-downs happening. I remember a specific date of oct 2nd last year. People said george bush was going to institute martial law because he declared the financial crisis a national emergency. When it didn't happen, it was "before his term was over.
This "trigger" is called the human condition. We are destructive. It just makes me frustrated seeing so many people live in fear from prediction to prediction.
And, by the way, I try to make a difference. I joined the local food not bombs, and I write positive songs in a band that I tour with. I try to make a positive impact in as many lives as possible.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What's even more ignorant than putting merit into these predictions are the people who jump the gun to call it a hoax. If you knew anything about what you're trying to debunk you'd know we still have till the 28th. Not that I believe in the tmz...I'm just saying. Until that date passes, the jokes on you.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with my most reliable source and I'm so sick I can hardly type. In 30 minutes America will be attacked by a Chinese anti-matter bomb that will level 3/4 of the country and be felt around the world. I have even briefed the President (sent him an email). God help us all. Ok wait.. just got off the phone with my source again. He now says it may or may not happen in 30minutes but likely by the end of the year of by Q2 2010.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

1. I never called anyone ignorant.
2. There's nothing ignorant about never taking anything at face value.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
some people just want the world to end cause of their miserable life.

I was thinking about this quote, and while I hope for the continuance of and appreciate the good things that do exist, I think that some people are more hoping for some type of changes to change things from the way they currently are. Many people just don't know what to do or where to start. They just know they want things to be different; not necessarily for the world to end, well, not for most folks anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join