It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cointelpro and Goverment Web Trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We all no are at least suspect that the goverment hires "bloggers" for tactical reasons. Whether it be for thier own campaign or to spread disinfo throughout the webt. They try to make BIG lies that are obviously bold face lies. While we really can't ever prove what is or is not a goverment blogger or who is a disinfo agent I thought that this video was pretty good and wanted to share it with all of you.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Bcs8484]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

The reason it can be done is its existence and extent of its implementation can't be proven one way or the other. Brilliant! Besides that, common sense tells me that wherever people gather to talk about their worldviews, "little birdies" flock and fly back to the roost with tidbits to line their nests. Early bird gets the worm.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Vaguely interesting video, would have liked more detail. However I am an anarchist, and an atheist (kind of logical really). Some of the people on sites like ATS genuinly are. I find that what he says is misleading. Like anarchists or atheists couldn't be genuinely interested in topics, and are all disinfo agents or/and decredibilise conspiracy theories just by believing what they believe, and being what they are. This clearly furthers his own views (i.e the relegious right), by installing something he actually denounces : mistrust.

(Edit to add : I'm going to be really disapointed if someone starts screaming disinfo agent at me. I'm not.
Yeah but that's exactly what a disinfo agent would say.
Yeah of course but... Arg. Let's leave it at that ^^)

[edit on 25-10-2009 by Ismail]

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"Disinfo agent" is the truther way of calling someone an anti-semite.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

Interesting viewpoint. Can you provide a source or facts to back that up, or is it strictly opinion?

While we may not be able to tell immediatly for a fact that a post is by a government paid agent...time tells the truth.

For instance it is now well known that the goverment paid people to disaude political opinion in online forums concerning 9/11.

Google CENTCOM...

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 25-10-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ATS has plenty of these cointelpro types, especially in the 9/11 forum.

How do I know this? Well, many of these disinfo agents don't post anywhere else except the 9/11 forum. If you didn't believe in something, would you really spend all your free time trying to debunk it? Of course not. I don't believe in organized religion, but I'm not gonna spend my life arguing with Christian fundamentalists.

I think 9/11 conspiracy debunking is considered especially important to the government because once people get over the shock that 9/11 was an inside job, they start wondering (and investigating) what else they've been lied to about, they end up never trusting the government again -- and rightly so.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Speaking of government trolls, I absolutely do not believe that the above post received 19 (edit: now it's up to 23) legitimate stars.

If this mass approval really is legitimate, I'd like at least a few people who gave this post a star to explain why they think "disinfo agent" equates to "anti-semite." This is a ridiculous statement.

[edit on 26-10-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yea I really don't understand how a disinfo agent is another way of saying anti semite. I would like him to explain.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Speaking of government trolls, I absolutely do not believe that the above post received 19 (edit: now it's up to 23) legitimate stars.

If this mass approval really is legitimate, I'd like at least a few people who gave this post a star to explain why they think "disinfo agent" equates to "anti-semite." This is a ridiculous statement.

Well, lookee here -- 23 stars and NOT ONE person is willing to defend giving the 'disinfo agent = anti-semite' post a star.

If this isn't proof of government disinfo/manipulation on ATS, then I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

For sure thier friend you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
Yea I really don't understand how a disinfo agent is another way of saying anti semite. I would like him to explain.

It's like this... it's a dialogue killer. If someone is debating a particular topic and gets accused of antisemitism, that pretty much ends the discussion. There's really not much point in continuing.

Same with "disinfo agent". How can you have a serious dialogue with someone who accuses you of being a disinfo agent? They've as much as stuck their fingers in their ears and gone, "lalalala I can't hear you".

Being as most of us are here for a discussion, no one looks kindly on being referred to as an antisemite or a disinfo agent. In fact, the claim grows tedious. Now I didn't star the above post, but I can see where many people might have in agreement. And no, it isn't possible to "manipulate" the star count. And who would want to? I think sometimes we get a bit inflated in our sense of importance.

Of course, now people will star the post just to get a rise out of you. See how that works?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Star and Flag!! Great Video!!

I am positive that this happens on all social networking and 'conspiracy' web sites...

I often see things on ATS or other sites that I either totally don't believe in or completely disagree with...but I simply keep scrolling to a that I do agree with and Star and Flag it and go on my way..

Why would I waste my day telling people to prove something or debunk things that I am totally uninterested in?

Real 'unawakened' people have no interest in a site like ATS

Sounds pretty suspect to me

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ButterCookie]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
OMG this stuff is really bothering me today ( not in a horrible way) but I really am looking at this with a clearer mind.

I went to Facebook after watching that video and just scrolled through tthe news feed and thought, " How Creepy"...when you think about it:

people talk to FB as if talking on closed-circuit TV
update how they feel throughout the day
update each and every move they make (with details)

Creepy...plus it always wants you to invite others to the Big Brother communities

And like here on ATS, it so true that these cointel folks get on here bright and early and stay until they have killed the thread...I used to wonder, " Dang, don't they have a job or something? They are arguing me down about something that they seem to not be interested in" ...not realizing that this IS their job. Even if they don't have a job why are they posting to a thread that they don't believe in for the ENTIRE day....

this thread needs more publicty!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

[edit on 26-10-2009 by GoldenFleece]

Ridiculous with no basis in reality. How far out in fantasy land one must go to reach a conclusion like that is beyond my scope of comprehension. So, you can count me out. No star from me on that one.

But I am curious if anyone can clear up the following:

What is the defining trait of a disinfo agent?

What is the defining trait of a truther?

What is the defining trait of an anti-semite?

I mean if I'm going to be able to keep up on this board, I'd like a clue to the meaning of labels being thrown around just hoping one will stick.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

You might wanna sit down for this.

I actually agree with your sentiments regarding that statement.

I agree that calling someone dis-info is stupid (wink) but likening it to antisemitism is just as equally stupid.

[edit on 27/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut

But I am curious if anyone can clear up the following:

What is the defining trait of a disinfo agent?

What is the defining trait of an anti-semite?

I mean if I'm going to be able to keep up on this board, I'd like a clue to the meaning of labels being thrown around just hoping one will stick.

An excellent point. I think we know what the definitions are, but unfortunately the terms are thrown around so loosely that it becomes "someone who doesn't agree with my conclusions". I'm leaving out "truther" because it doesn't (in my opinion) have the same pejorative connotation.

We see it all the time, this labeling. If you want to skew a debate, one tactic is to label your opposition in a way that denigrates their position.

"Lib", "right winger", "fringe", "birther", and my all-time (un)favorite - "sheeple".

If you've never seen the If by whiskey argument, check it out.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Explanation: Yeah and its a lame attempt to deride someones Ethos [reputation] which has no basis when actually trying to deny ignorance!

For example I will ask and answer my own question! "Can anyone learn something from a rock"....If the answer is "No rocks gonna be able teach anybody anything! Rocks are stupid." from an appeal to a lack of ethos A-PRIORI POV, well then geology isn't for them!

Personal Disclosure: Everybody had better go read Godwin's Law! [wiki]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
While we really can't ever prove what is or is not a goverment blogger or who is a disinfo agent I thought that this video was pretty good and wanted to share it with all of you.

www.youtube.com...

Thats a very interesting video and I'm glad you shared it with everyone.

Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

join