It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon rises late AGAIN!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
THE MOON WILL ALTER HER ORDER (LATE AGAIN!)

Posted By: Argus
Date: Thursday, 13 May 2004, 10:30 p.m.

From Rumor Mill News:

UPDATE ON WANING MOON: RISE FOR MAY 12, LATE ONCE MORE!
www.rumormillnews.com...

Posted By: CliffMickelson
Date: Wednesday, 12 May 2004, 2:21 p.m.

In Response To: THE BOOK OF ENOCH...THE MOON WILL ALTER HER ORDER! (CliffMickelson)

Greetings:

For the Record, the US Naval Observatory says that the moon was due to rise last night (this morning) at my latitude, (46 N/120W) at 3:16 AM PDT.

I finally threw in the towel at 4:05 AM and went to bed. There was still no moon at that point.

-CliffMickelson

www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

www.rumormillnews.com...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
i suppose this is a sign regarding the upcoming pole shift?

i would test that theory on several nights and see if the moon is late everynight...and wasn't there something about the noon sun also being late?

jra

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Are there any astronomers around here, amature or otherwise, that can confirm this? This isn't something that the US Gov't or anyone could cover up or hide, so it shouldn't be too hard to find out if this is true or not i'd think.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'll ask my friend who is in the merchant mariens. He uses the moon to find fish. He is also aware of this moon issue.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
the easiest way to find out if it is true is to compare the official time to the actual time in your location and report it here. i'll attempt it tonight.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here ya go...this will help us

www.almanac.com...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
here's the link to US Naval, referred to in the original post.

aa.usno.navy.mil...

i'm going look for the setting moon, it should happen within the hour in my location.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
For Monday, May 17, 2004

Latitude: 46:23:36 N Longitude: 120:26:01 W

PREVIOUS DAY NEXT DAY

RISES
SETS

Moon 04:43 AM 07:22 PM

And that is if you are at sealevel.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
and if you subtract 7 hours from that you get 4:42am PDT and at sea level I bet the moon is rising.

jra

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I found another good site as well... one that had more the just the US in it. www.ga.gov.au...

One thing to make sure of is that it calculates daylight savings time. The one i posted says you'll have to adjust for that yourself where nessisary. Make sure you guys account for that too if yours doesn't.

So for me in Vancouver on May 19th the moon should rise at 5:28am and set at 9:01pm.

I'll be up at that time. My only problem is that I can't see much of the sky from my appartment, but i'll check anyway.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
for MY location:
MOON
Moonset 6:53 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 6:04 a.m.
Moon transit 12:54 p.m.
Moonset 7:48 p.m.
Moonrise 6:41 a.m. on following day

either way, I can't see squat, cloudy skies all around, horizons completely covered.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

TextAre there any astronomers around here, amature or otherwise, that can confirm this? This isn't something that the US Gov't or anyone could cover up or hide, so it shouldn't be too hard to find out if this is true or not i'd think.

May you should ask the an astronomer/physicist, or even email the closest university, if anyone lives near a major research university... ask questions, do not keep it quiet, although it may just be a fluke, that will heal itself...
Remember time is not concrete and the earth just follow his natural thing we are the ones that time everything even the moon and the earth.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by marg6043]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
LMAO!!! I got nothing but plains to the east of me (umm... yeah, not suprising, hehe). Right now we have cloud cover, but unless it's possibly gonna rain, I can usually see the moon. We'll see tonight I guess.

Sun 05:38 AM 08:14 PM
Moon 05:14 AM 08:07 PM

Damn... I guess I get to watch it set and compensate a bit for the mountains to the west. If I could get up earlier I'd check the rise for tomorrow:

Sun 05:37 AM 08:15 PM
Moon 05:43 AM 09:10 PM

or maybe in a week... I'm so not a morning person (and I have to be to work by 7:30am). I'll watch the sets and I should be able to compensate for the time I can't see it behind the mountains. If it's off as far as observed by CliffMickelson, I probably won't need to compensate.

Here's Naval info (one minute difference here and there I've noticed):

The following information is provided for Cheyenne, Laramie County, Wyoming (longitude W104.8, latitude N41.1):

Tuesday
18 May 2004 Mountain Daylight Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 5:06 a.m.
Sunrise 5:38 a.m.
Sun transit 12:56 p.m.
Sunset 8:14 p.m.
End civil twilight 8:46 p.m.

MOON
Moonset 7:03 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 5:15 a.m.
Moon transit 12:35 p.m.
Moonset 8:07 p.m.
Moonrise 5:43 a.m. on following day

New Moon on 18 May 2004 at 10:52 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time.

And I just noticed something... it's a new moon. Good luck, I doubt I'll see anything through even a haze. Also, it's setting at a time so close to the sun that I probably couldn't see it anyways. My brain quit functioning so I gotta ask: this a problem for anyone else? I'm sure it is in America, but how about Auss or Eur?

*EDIT: Also, what exactly determines the exact "set"? Is it when the bottom touches the horizon at sea level? Or is it after a certain portion has dipped below the horizon? I assume it's the first, but I don't know, obviously.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am an Astronomer/Astrophysicist.

This is NOT a new phenomenon.

"Something" (a celestial body) has been "deviating" the orbits of our Moon/Earth system for a few years now.

The Lunascan Group looked into this about 9 months ago.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We will hardly see anything, because new moon is tomorrow.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ixataar, HAHA!!! Thnx!

I noticed about in the fall of last year that the sun wasn't setting and rising quite normally (I swear I was actually seeing it set about 10 degrees farther north than it should have... or from what I have always remembered it growing up and watching the same mountains... and I know they don't move THAT fast). I have always been meaning to ask if this was because it was setting at a different time or if it was just me... so at least I can say I wasn't crazy.

BTW, I didn't even get to watch the sun set tonight
damned clouds!!!

So, anyone know if it's been a linear (or curvalinear (sp?)) change? Ixataar? I could probably safely assume you are the most qualified right now to answer this... or has it been a precesional cycle? Seasonal? (basically, are we passing the object on our yearly orbit, or is it passing us, or is it on some strange orbit that would make the anomolies seem 'random'?).

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ixataar, i, for one, would absolutely love to see your research or evidence backing this up.

the moon isn'r rising later. GrndLkNatv
for actually giving good information.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I bet the Reptilians have secretly attached counter-orbital retrofire engines to the Lunar surface, to slow its orbit and foul up the Space Ninjas' entry vectors when they come to save us from the NWO, the Snake Folk, and George Bush!

Sorry. This topic just didn't feel right without that

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This couldnt have anything to do with the incoming asteroid in June could it? So what Is this anomaly that has been changing things with the earth/moon for the past few years???? Kinda Scary

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
ixataar ...any links or info ?????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join