It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your understanding of biological evolution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Yet, you can't even give serious well thought out answers as to why an alien race would create us and have us do things for them that show no indication of higher technological goals. No dead aliens, no crashed ships, no records of aliens, no metal skyscrapers, no colonization efforts. Nothing at all remotely indicative that aliens have been here. I'm surprised that you think our ancestors were just too stupid to do it alone. Maybe your of the same intelligence bracket and are incapable of achieving the same feat of simplicity.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Yet, you can't even give serious well thought out answers as to why an alien race would create us and have us do things for them that show no indication of higher technological goals.

That has always been a question of mine! Agree here - no explanation for this. Good point.

No dead aliens, no crashed ships, no records of aliens, no metal skyscrapers, no colonization efforts. Nothing at all remotely indicative that aliens have been here.

Could not DISagree with this statement, any more. Every. Word.

I'm surprised that you think our ancestors were just too stupid to do it alone. Maybe your of the same intelligence bracket and are incapable of achieving the same feat of simplicity.

Quite the contrary, they weren't stupid, they just didn't have the facilities, mentally or resource-wise (or time to develop them).

Picture this: consider yourself, everything you know, now. - About politics, economics, technology (especially technology) - you don't even have to have a background in the sciences. Just think about television, and airplanes, and microwave ovens, and movies...

Now... enter your time machine that I'll only ask you to take back a few hundred yrs, to the time of our nation's founding (Jamestown), much less thousands of years.

HOW do you even possibly begin to impart on them the knowledge you posess without sounding like a complete psycho? You don't. You can't.

They were not quite ready for the technology being bestowed upon them, by 'the gods' (from the sky).

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Quite the contrary, they weren't stupid, they just didn't have the facilities, mentally or resource-wise (or time to develop them).

That just sounds like a politically correct way of saying they were to stupid to move a bunch of stones and stack them up together. I refute that statement by pointing out to the many toddlers playing with blocks, stacking them up all on their own without alien intervention showing them how to stack blocks.

HOW do you even possibly begin to impart on them the knowledge you posess without sounding like a complete psycho? You don't. You can't.

Modern technology would seem alien to someone back then, yes. But, stacking stones is not modern technology and it is doable for one person to move and erect at least a thirty tonne stone, now imagine just 5,000 people working together.

They were not quite ready for the technology being bestowed upon them, by 'the gods' (from the sky).

What technology was bestowed upon them? Where is it? Pebbles under rocks to move them with ease is now somehow advanced alien technology?

Why build *only* primitive stone monuments when they are capable of interstellar travel and capable of using machinery to mine metal rich ore and build metal skyscrapers. Why build only around a dozen or so monuments and leave it at that? Why leave or go into hiding for 4,000 years when they could colonize and take over? Your leaving so many questions and holes in your statement.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I was thinking about this as well...

Look at the slave trade itself, we were taking essentially the most primitive people right out of Africa and teaching them to use tools that were well beyond their knowledge of how to produce and what they were and yet they adapted to using those tools, to farming, to wearing modern clothes *for that time period*. They worked on boats, learned to work the sails and a whole lot of different thing's that were utterly alien to their way of living.

Same applies to modern primitive tribes today. The technology is utterly alien to them, but they understand enough of the concepts to know it's fun to get in front of a camcorder and record what they're saying. They love the music making boxes. They now start to use modern clothes and utensils. Even they are adapting to something that has forever been utterly alien to them.

So, in my opinion, to state that man is incapable of adapting to alien technologies is just ridiculous. We've even taught dolphins how to communicate with us using underwater keyboards. We've taught apes to communicate with us using sign language. Apparently, the capacity for a species to adapt to something new is not that difficult as you might think. We can even communicate with bee's now!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

My understanding of biological evolution is based on natural selection or "survival of the fittest". Those better adapted to their respective environments, through spontaneous mutation, genetic variants or "mistakes" in DNA could and do at times manifest these small changes as survival / reproductive advantages even their parents did not possess. The giraff is my favorite example - I imagine that the first giraffes did not have very long necks, but in fact, one set of parents gave birth to one with a long neck. This mutated (and often teased!) giraffe was able to gain additional nurishment from tall trees, gave him advantages over other males in strength, weight, size, etc. which made it possible for him to mate with more females than his recent oppressors, creating more offspring with the long neck trait - Maybe 10 as compared to 2 for each shorter necked male. Each one of these offspring with the long neck possessed the advantages of the father, created even more offspring than the short necked ones, leaving reproductive opportunity for the short necked ones even more restricted (lets face it, to giraff women, size apparently mattered). Besides this advantage, the long necked trait had a better chance of survival to adulthood to begin with, given that they could eat from the trees as well as the ground, leaving prime feeding turf above in a competition-free environment. While the short necked kids starved, the long necked ones lived to adulthood and kept re-producing and eventually, after several generations, this trait dominated the entire species. Even more generations later, it is possible that no short-necked giraffes were left at all.

This change in an entire species over time is known as EVOLUTION.

Well, that's my $1600/ semester memory of it, anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Why build *only* primitive stone monuments when they are capable of interstellar travel and capable of using machinery to mine metal rich ore and build metal skyscrapers. Why build only around a dozen or so monuments and leave it at that? Why leave or go into hiding for 4,000 years when they could colonize and take over? Your leaving so many questions and holes in your statement.

They used what they had at their disposal. Raw materials (with no way to process them) and a huge workforce.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

They used what they had at their disposal. Raw materials (with no way to process them) and a huge workforce.

Oh come on... What a lame answer!

An alien race capable of mining the material to develop and built highly technologically advanced interstellar space crafts, but then are incapable of using technology to mine metal resources here on the planet? Hell, we mine metal every day without the aid of interstellar travel technology, but somehow these aliens could only create people to mine... Rocks?

They had genetic engineering technology at their disposal.
They had interstellar craft at their disposal.
They had technology to locate the right resources for what they needed.
They had their high technological knowledge at their disposal.

BUT, somehow even the aliens were to stupid to bring mining equipment or use the knowledge they had to build the machines needed to mine themselves?

Do you put any thought into thing's yourself, or do you just believe whatever people say because it sounds cool?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

blah blah blah..."BUT, somehow even the aliens were to stupid to bring mining equipment or use the knowledge they had to build the machines needed to mine themselves?

Do you put any thought into thing's yourself, or do you just believe whatever people say because it sounds cool? "

Seriously?! THAT's your argument? They didn't bring mining equipment? (and, I thought we just talked about tryng to convey advanced concepts to relatively primitive peoples)

Moving on.

btw, you've managed to (attempt to) dissect pretty much every post I've made, besides this, awhile back...

Also, not be ignored, is the significance of the placement of most of the structures, specifically the pyramids. Not only do they 1) have very specific alignments to other earthly (and non-earthly) features, but also 2) exist all over the planet with similar geometries (some EXACT) between cultures that would have never had ANY contact with one another - that is on every single continent, besides Antarctica (Or, is there?!).

Whatcha got?

[edit on 10/30/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Seriously?! THAT's your argument? They didn't bring mining ecquipment?

Actually, if you read carefully, I am assuming that is *your* argument. You talk of technologically advanced being's who came here to create people to move rocks for them but then have no explanation other than they had what resources were available to them in order to do what they did. I assume you mean they lacked mining equipment on their ships in which to mine metals to build something a little bit more grander than stone monuments that can easily be built primitively today.

Whatcha got?

What alignment? How were people across the continents and separated by time with a huge technological barrier between them capable of communicating some grand alignment? Are the aliens time travelers to, is that how they aligned structures across the world that are separated by time in date of their constructions?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by sirnex]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join