It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A beginners guide to the LHC and possible doomsday scenarios...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Brian Cox explains LHC:

Edit: soz Chaos.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I glanced threw the link, and if you are referring to the post by dim_span, he states "here is a 'snippet' from the net, written by someone trying to explaining a few issues in layman's language" and considering his post was 3 days after CHA0S's, I would say otherwise. If I am mistaken, then I apologize in advance.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectedLogic

You're right, i was too eager to smell a copy 'n paste.

I have edited my posts accordingly and apologise again to Chaos.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Not a problem, and thank you for the videos, I have never seen the LHC Rap before! That one made my day

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I didn't get time to read your post before so don't worry about it...but oh man...that LHC rap is so good...and is actually very, very informative...thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Phew, i was fearing a severe reprimand, but thankfully you weren't logged on to see my defamation of your character

Anyway, great thread, but i think it needs to be simplified even more. Things like leptons, fermions, bosons are jumping straight into particle physics; perhaps start off easy with Rutherford experiment to help people understand particle nature and take the divisive nature of classification from there.

It's all BS to me TBH. I don't believe there are such things as 'particles'.

The Higgs field is just a wave, that's interlaced into a multi-dimensional fabric that permeates space like a galactic glow lamp, charging other waves it comes into contact with. It explains why electrons don't fall from their quanta orbits randomly, as they are continually fed by this ethereal wave created from reactions in black holes or super novas that we call 'dark matter'. It is resonance on a grandiose scale!

Enough wishy-washy waffle, here's an interesting article you may enjoy...

The Wave Structure of Matter (WSM) and the Origin of the Natural Laws

To help you with your quantum thread, here's Professor Quantum explaining the unexplainable

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I don't believe there are such things as 'particles'.
I completely agree...neither do I...and I've watched most of Professor Quantum's videos I think...they are quite good.

P.S. Don't worry about making me look like a fool...I can be...as long as you correct your self when you make a mistake, there's nothing to worry about.

[edit on 29/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

I don't believe there are such things as 'particles'.
I completely agree...neither do I...and I've watched most of Professor Quantum's videos I think...they are quite good.

I could not agree more. We are nothing but mere probability in a pool of infinite possibility, confined to only the most likely.

Kinda sucks doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectedLogic

We are nothing but mere probability in a pool of infinite possibility, confined to only the most likely.
Holy crap...I don't know how you summed up such a complex idea into just one sentence, well done...that's precisely how I think it works...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Holy crap...I don't know how you summed up such a complex idea into just one sentence, well done...that's precisely how I think it works...

Well thank you, I think it might even become my signature

And thank you PrisonerOfSociety for linking the paper "The Wave Structure of Matter (WSM) and the Origin of the Natural Laws". I found it very interesting, and coincidently I was just thinking of that topic the other day.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This whole experiment strikes me as the monkey and the wrench scenerio.They in fact arent sure what may happen.And if disaster occurs remember WE gave the monkeys the damn wrench.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join