It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama family portrait released (First Dog banned from photo)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
csmonitor.com

We don’t want to call it a national travesty or anything, but where’s Bo? The Obama family portrait was released today and the First Dog is missing!

The family portrait itself is beautiful. It’s the all-American family. The President of the United States, the First Lady, presidential daughters Sasha and Malia all looking happy, healthy and relaxed in the Green Room of the White House.

But someone is conspicuously absent. No, we didn’t expect to see Joe Biden in the background making bunny ears. But we did think that the family dog would make the cut.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Tonight on Jay Leno, First Lady Michelle talked about Bo's first birthday party, which was held in the White House Rose Garden. He got a veal dog-house-shaped "cake".

But apparently the honored "First Dog" wasn't included in the family photo session. Maybe there was concern about criticism and snide comments, which often accompany any picture that is made of them. I would have liked to see him there.

It's a lovely portrait anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Maybe not having the first dog in the family portrait was because of the latest

finding that dogs cause global warming. We can not be promoting dogs as pets

when they cause global warming can we? ^Y^

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How cute they had a birthday party for a doggy. Heh. I guess this is the first dog they have ever owned?

Aw, jeeze. Why do people that might never have owned a dog make such a big deal about having one once they reach the White House?

I recall a photo of Obama running down a hallway with his doggy. Oh, it was so heart warming.
Lyndon Johnson picked his dog up by the ears to show off how long the Beagle's ears were. Oooooooooooh. Bad publicity.
Remember, anyone, the Checkers speech by Nixon?
Oh, how about Buddy. The dog the Clintons adopted when they won the White House. What happened when they una$$ed the White House? They gave their dear, precious friend away. No use for him anymore. He got run over by a car, by the way. Oh, the tragedy of the First Dog!!

Where's the dog in the photo? The Obama's dog has already done its duty. No need for it to show up again. No need for a dog anymore, not when a photographer can capture one of Obama's girls looking from out behind a chair in the Oval Office, sort of like a puppy, watching Daddy work.

Folks, this is all scripted.

These people "up there" all give me cause to puke. And they drag their young after them.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What a beautiful family. I hope, for the sake of his daughters and all children of this land, that he raises up good judges in this country. And I don't mean in the judicial system. I mean, a good judge raises up good judges from amongst the weak and a tribe of good judges is a strong people.

[edit on 10/24/2009 by Dasher]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
who cares? its a dog.

people notice and care about the most trivial of all things

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
who cares? its a dog.

As a dog lover, trainer and servant, I am offended that Bo is missing!

(I'm not really offended, just playin' around)

They are a gorgeous family!

[edit on 24-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Once again I am new to ATS and making a comment on an old thread....Obama is Muslim...dogs are unclean....it is Ironic that nobody has made the connection

top topics

join