It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Refinery On fire, Terrorism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Breaking News out of Staten Island NY, an oil refinery is on fire. Witnesses say a barge came in to refuel and there was an explosion. Stay tuned for more.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Huge fire at N.Y.C. oil refinery

NEW YORK, Feb. 21 � A huge fire was burning Friday at an oil refinery on New York�s Staten Island. Intial reports said a barge had caught fire, starting a huge blaze that sent black smoke into the air, making it visible for miles.

Full Story

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am just watching right now on CNN...

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I just hope it's not a so called "terror" attack. Because that would mean war tomorrow. Now the troops are ready to topple saddam so it's tooo obvious. And I don't think those to be attacked are sooooo stupid to do something to justify war against them.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Considering an oil refinery is the taget, if this is a terrorist attack, this may have something to do with the inevitable war in Iraq...violent protest against American attempts to control the world's oil, perhaps?

heres a link to yahoo news:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20030221/ap_on_re_us/refinery_fire

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The last thing that i have heard is that the NYPD thinks it isn't a terror attack...

But I'm notyet convinced...

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Fox is reporting a huge jump in oil prices on the market..

I am not sure how high as i walked in the room at the end of the report

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw it on the news this morning. It doesn't look like a terror attack. We'll just have to wait and see what really happened.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
People this is strange world!

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Regardless of the false color coded warnings & lies the government puts out as a herd control mechanism, this was no terrorism attack.
There are very dangerous jobs out there folks, and pumping thousands of gallons of gasoline off of tankers is high on that list!
Shyte happens!

top topics

join