It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I think you just don't like it when someone is honestly and openly saying "We really don't care to have you around Fox..."

I don't like it when the administration controls the media. The White House is not just "someone."

Here's Anita Dunn, you know, the one whose favorite political philosopher is Mao, telling how the Obama campaign got their message across by controlling the media by avoiding all those pesky, hard questions some reporters like to ask. Mao would be proud!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

IMO, move along, nothing of importance here.

Well, why didn't you move along?

In the US, we have a thing called the Bill of Rights and while there are those who find it cumbersome, many of us have fought and died to protect it and will continue to do so.

So, move along.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WarIsASport

Right or wrong at least Bush had a good reason callled 911 terrorist attack, but I am sure the Progressives blame him for that too.

It's wrong. He ran this country into debt and baseless war. He was terrible with Hurricana Katrina and did nothing but favor big business and banks.

George Bush was never our friend. Yes, Obama stinks as well....it doesn't change the fact that Bush was one of the worst Presidents in history...Obama is headed there with him.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't think they were trying specifically to exclude Fox news from interviews but rather were sticking with the reasonable argument that Fox news is not an actual News organization...and thus would not qualify.

That aside...It's getting a little juvenile...the POTUS needs to sit down with his communications director and have a talk about maturity or better yet find a new communications director, I give her a C- thus far.

Let FOX bark at the moon...the American people are bright enough to know what FOX is...even FOX viewers know on some level that they are being fed BS...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
their just actin like their against them so people will be like "SEE the government hates fox for speakin their truth", actin like they have somethin dangerous to say against them

its just a trick to divide us all

come on guys...

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe the White House is making a mistake with all this talk about FOX "News". The channel is the most worthless piece of biased crap available, but they only give it power when they talk about it. Yes, it's the mouthpiece of the Republican party. Yes, FOX has a lot of listeners who watch to get their daily Obama hate on. Yes, most of the stuff they report is so skewed it's unrecognizable as having any basis in truth... But the White House should ignore them like they ignore any insect buzzing around. Unless they can swat it down. And they can't (and shouldn't) do that.

Obama made a mistake. Party on!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarIsASport
reply to post by HunkaHunka

LOL, yeah that is way worse than attempting to turn the whole country into some Marxist state where the government controls everything.

Where is the evidence of this? I keep hearing this from folks, but no where is there evidence that Obama is attempting anything of the sort...

It's hilarious how everytime someone says something about how Bush was criticized for something he DID, they bring up something they feel Obama is ATTEMPTING... even though there is evidence about what Bush DID... but nothing about this supposed attempt to turn America into a Marxist state...

Right or wrong at least Bush had a good reason callled 911 terrorist attack, but I am sure the Progressives blame him for that too.

See this is the entire problem with your logic.... you believe that 9/11 justified the invasion into Iraq when in reality there was NO connection ever found. What was found was the Bush Admins desire to invade Iraq even before 9/11

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Baseless? So it is ok to let some terrorists kill 4000 Americans and then just smile, turn the other cheek, and say you got us real good on that one. I guess we should just bend over, look over our shoulder and smile.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Agreed. The WH house needs a new Communications Director. She is all over FOX News, but was late on addressing questions and concerns about healthcare reform...New Comm Director.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarIsASport

Baseless? So it is ok to let some terrorists kill 4000 Americans and then just smile, turn the other cheek, and say you got us real good on that one. I guess we should just bend over, look over our shoulder and smile.

Were the 6000 troops worth it? What about all the other innocent people that have died?

Was that worth it to you? How many families destroyed is worth the cost of that 3000?

Tell me.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Nobody told you the whole "left" Vs "right" thing was a phony guise to divide & conquer?

Spare me.

I've been on this planet long enough to know which end is up.

Yes, the appellations right and left, liberal and conservative, are weak and vague, but they do approximate ideological differences that are real, so for convenience sake, I use them.

To ignore the differences, is to place the future of our nation at risk and idiotic paranoid pontificating won't cut it.

Therefore we try to point out substantive issues and the camps that support them.

If you think that the right and the left are the same, you can't see the trees for the forest.

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that you support the WH in their move to isolate Fox News.

However, Fox News is part of the Press Pool. They have an equal share and contribution in the Pool. They all share the load, expense and information of the day. Fox is equally entitled to attend a Pool event. Obama should learn from Nixon's mistakes. This meager attempt will burn in more ways than he ever imagined.

For Obama and his WH minions/henchmen to play these childlike games is absolutely ridiculous. He can save it for the playground after school. His attempts to silence any and all who dare to question him is a reflection of the little dictator that lives inside his ego.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Where is the evidence of this? I keep hearing this from folks, but no where is there evidence that Obama is attempting anything of the sort...

1. Numerous videos of his admin praising communist/marxist leaders.
2. Numerous quotes of him and those in his admin saying that capitalism is bad and should be torn down.
3. The fact that he is trying to control the news.

ETC!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I can't believe you are all falling hook, line and sinker for this charade!

Can none of you see what they are doing??

Picture this... Rupert Murdoch has control over what happens in the major news networks. All of the news networks have been losing their credibility for last few years as more and more independent investigations into worldly going on's are appearing on the internet. Also thanks to the internet people are waking up to information that Rupert Murdoch chooses to not bring attention to on the major networks.

They are playing the news stations against each other. Obama is most certainly in on it! They drew straws and Fox drew the short one. This is why you see the likes of Glen Beck tooting from the same horn as most people here on ATS. People see Glen now talk about the same topics/ conspiracies they have been hearing about and suddenly Fox becomes the station that people who are awake/ nearly awake trust! All the others who are asleep will lap up the same old slurry on the rest of the news networks that the President supports!

They love doing this! Create an illusion of separation and then play the two sides against each other while masking the fact that its all run by the same man, same agenda!

[edit on 23-10-2009 by kcfusion]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarIsASport
reply to post by David9176

Maybe going after the right people...

They were all Saudis... not Iraqis....

Afghanistan made sense.. Iraq was just Bush taking an opportunity to do something he wanted to do since being elected.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Nobody told you the whole "left" Vs "right" thing was a phony guise to divide & conquer?

Undeniably true.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If you think that the right and the left are the same, you can't see the trees for the forest.

They are the same.

Media = Corporations = Government

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You should try to do three things.

One, pay attention. Obviously, you're not aware of the issues or ideologies behind them and you're not listening and watching as events unfold.

Do you think that Obama has so many Marxists in his circle of associates because they are funny and good-looking?

Two, you should learn to assimilate a person's thoughts in their totality and to express yourself in a more comprehensive style.

Taking pieces of the posts of others robs that person's thoughts of their context and intent and makes it easier to distort them.

Not posting in an essay format--thesis, body, summary--or something similar makes your own thoughts more difficult to follow and make your thought processes appear to be superficial and undisciplined.

Three, think for yourself. This tired argument that Bush trumped up charges against Saddam and Iraq is just another Leftist canard that is quoted endlessly by the mentally indolent.

Bush built a bi-partisan, international consensus regarding the threats posed by Saddam's government and moved only in concert with Congress and the international community. All parties had access to the same data and came to the same conclusions.

Besides that, you're derailing the discussion, which is to be expected because the topic at hand is too painful to directly confront.

[edit on 2009/10/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Where is the evidence of this?

It was on FOX News.

See this is the entire problem with your logic.... you believe that 9/11 justified the invasion into Iraq when in reality there was NO connection ever found.

Oh, yeah? It was on FOX News.

This is the problem as I see it. Obama is RIGHT in thinking that FOX News is no better than the Enquirer - that happens to have Rupert Murdoch's money behind it. But his mistake is in thinking that he should try to use presidential power to do something about it. If he wants to hold the media responsible for the lies that they're putting out there, Gibbs should add a section to his press conferences listing the lies reported by the media that day and the truth about the issues. He could just say, "Today, FOX News reported that.... The truth of the matter is ...."

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Obama, the professional Community Organizer (i.e. the empty suit) has never held a position where he’d be on the receiving end of criticism and it appears that he can’t take the heat…but to try to exclude a news organization (faux or not) is pretty outrageous (and childish) behavior.

Interesting that the situation didn’t make the news.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Shepard Smith is a huge lefty loon who wants the public option in the health bill. BIG TIME LOSER!
I stopped watching Fox news because of that fool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join