It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mac Tonnies Dies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonecharisse
It's unfair, he was too young. I only hope he now is aware of the truth about all things.

It's not unfair or fair. It just is. He got what we all get, a lifetime, whether it is 3 years, 34 years or 80 years.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
A really good read on copycateffect.blogspot.com...

Sums up this sad passing of Mac Tonnies

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Thanks Ruffready.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am so glad to see this thread up finally. Heard about him this morning but did not know who he was. However his work and coining the phrase Cryptoterrestrials has been getting tons of attention even here on ats recently.

perhaps he was getting too close to exposing some very profound truths which got him killed. I will resever the natural causes for now.

Thank you for all you did Mac, RIP. See you on the otherside.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I recieved an email from Peter Gersten yesterday morning and put this up as soon as I could get it together, if you would like to get to know him more antar there is a very good interview you can download at the theparacast.com from 10-26-08 and he was on Coast to Coast AM on 09-28-09, I listened to the paracast interview last night and it very good.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57ded21ad9da.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is another tribute page to Mac that tells you more about him.

redstarfilms.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yeah. Those folks were a pretty tight knit bunch. Paul, Greg, Nick; pretty inseparable.

Thanks for posting the page.

Erik

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

Yes there were, I think if we are going to get any details on what happened it is going to be through his friends and not the media. I would appreciate any information from our readers here.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We remember the late Mac Tonnies, author, futurist and Fortean, with a special tribute episode featuring his close friends and colleagues, including Greg Bishop, Patrick Huyghe, Paul Kimball and Nicholas Redfern on November 1, 2009

Mac Tonnies' Blog:

www.mactonnies.com...

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Excellent tribute interview on the paracast dot com
Apparently Mac had a heart problem and passed away in his sleep..

This week, we remember the late Mac Tonnies, author, futurist and Fortean, with a special tribute episode featuring his close friends and colleagues, including Greg Bishop, Patrick Huyghe, Paul Kimball and Nicholas Redfern.

Interview ready for download

www.theparacast.com...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Aquarius1]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm so glad I found this thread. I liked Mac, even though I didn't know him and never spoke with him, I followed his blog and he once spoke at conference where my really good friend William Wise, archivist of the Bluebook Archives, spoke. I'm friends with Paul Kimball too and Mac was part of the "Rat Pack" of the new UFO investigators. He will be missed. Now I think I'll listen to his C2C broadcast. RIP Mac.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

Glad you found this thread also, you may want to download and listen to this interview he did about a year ago on the paracast..

www.theparacast.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nick Redfern Update that didn't get into Mac Tonnies Book:

In the wake of my review of Mac Tonnies’ The Cryptoterrestrials, a number of people have contacted me with broadly the same question: namely, to inquire if the published book actually represents the finished book, or if, had he lived, would Mac have added more material to his work?

My answer is: yes, I think he would have added more material. And I say that for a couple of reasons.

First, when Mac told me about his project a couple of years ago, he mentioned that he would be addressing Roswell in its pages - not from the perspective of the reported recovered craft and bodies having extraterrestrial origins, but from a specifically cryptoterrestrial approach.

When Mac told me this, I in turn told him that there was a related story, into which he should definitely dig. It was that of one “E.A. Guest.” It was titled The Other Paradigm and was published in Fate in April 2005. I know the real identity of Guest, as do a couple of other researchers. However, since Guest prefers to work behind a pseudonym, it’s not my place to reveal the true identity of the person.

However, Guest related in the Fate article an intriguing account of Roswell that placed it firmly in what Mac would term a cryptoterrestrial context, and with much supportive data from Guest’s own father, who had served in the U.S. military.
www.ufomystic.com...

Again what a major loss, his memory will live on in his books.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think the entire medical field needs to rethink it's approach to the "Natural Causes" angle. Given the fact that they can't competently affirm if a "heart attack", and other things of that nature, are actually natural on a case-to-case basis.

Too many circumstances fall under "natural causes", and it is always left to the coroner/medical examiner's competence level or case load. Suspicious circumstances or cases that need serious attention are commonly overlooked.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You make very good points SyphonX, you should start a thread in the Medical forum on this topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Mac Tonnies worked at Starbucks and loved coffee. If you drink 4 cups a day of coffee it doubles your chance of heart attack. If you drink strong coffee then it can be very serious for your heart. I was a regular at an anarchist cafe that sold strong Ethiopian cold filter coffee -- and another regular who was only 22 or so had a heartache, dying from it. I know this Iranian-American who owned a cafe and he had a heart attack -- again years of regular coffee drinking. So I think it would be the first factor to consider not barring other factors -- a lot of people can have heart issues for various reasons.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is much controversy over coffee and if it's bad for your health, I drink Espresso in the morning and have for years, the more I research it the more confused I become.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well yeah it has antioxidants which are good for you. If it's not organic coffee is sprayed with lead arsenic - I saw this in Costa Rica. So that's that issue as well.

But coffee restricts your blood vessels while tea expands your blood vessel -- and tea has the antioxidants better than coffee I think

Still I drink coffee in the morning often just because my parents drink it so there's usually some left over -- and of course it's a great laxative! haha.

But coffee keeps dopamine and serotonin in your brain so you do get a great high yet at night you want that serotonin to turn into melatonin as the body's greatest antioxidant....

As for the heart issue coffee is usually very high in cholesterol -- but the "cold press" is supposed to fix that quite a bit -- I think cuts the cholesterol in half. Cholesterol though isn't bad in itself but when with saturated fat then you got a problem.

So the laxative effect of coffee is best without milk and then if it's cream -- you got the extra cholesterol - fat combo issue.

But then coffee is too acidic so it's probably best to have some greens (magnesium) or high potassium food -- like oranges or lemons or bananas....

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

I only dinrk one cup of expresso in the morining, sometimes in the evening I drink green tea but most of the time water..never soda of any kind. I do know people who drink expresso all day, too much of anything is not good.

Thanks for the info drew hempel, btw my coffee beans are organic...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah but the Frappuccino changed the Espresso into a leading evening drink!!

www.guardian.co.uk...

But it was thinking creatively about how to attract more consumers that led Starbucks to the Frappuccino, the venture capitalist told me. Although its stores were crowded early in the day, by afternoon "they were so empty you could roll a bowling ball through them". The creation of a rich, sweet and comforting milkshake-like concoction utterly transformed the business. A Starbucks Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino comes with whipped cream and 18 teaspoons of sugar: all in all, this "drink" contains more calories than a personal-size pepperoni pizza, and more sweetness than six scoops of ice-cream. By encouraging us to consider any occasion for food an opportunity for pleasure and reward, the industry invites us to indulge a lot more often.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join