It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrified Alien Found At Wright Patterson in 2003?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The part about proclivity to AM radio and extensive web searches lead me to believe it's humor. It would be wild if was a serious piece. Oh well all in good fun I guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatnietzsche
reply to post by beatnietzsche

not sure how to embed pics right now! here are links though, to put the photoshop question to rest.

www.esnips.com...

www.esnips.com...

www.esnips.com...

obviously, this is me holding the book. same cover, same page layout, bada bing bada boom.

check out the third picture, though. that's what makes me think this is a farcical entry in an otherwise very heavy, high-resolution picture homage to wright-patterson.

I appreciate the effort but I'm not getting any image to appear. Anyone else having any luck?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by exposethosesecrets

Is the military in the habit of putting joke in their books?

[edit on 21-10-2009 by exposethosesecrets]

Is this a book or a monthly publication? Obviously if it's meant to be a true report, it's pretty damming, but as many have mentioned, there are a few things that point to humor. SGLPFE kind of did it for me. with a view of the previous and following pages, I think we can figure this one out.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Notice how much the article gets wrong. It calls Venus a "green planet" and refers to astronomy as "astrology." And says those researching the alien don't know if it's from Venus or Mars because they look similar in black-and-white photos.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Is this a book or a monthly publication? Obviously if it's meant to be a true report, it's pretty damming, but as many have mentioned, there are a few things that point to humor. SGLPFE kind of did it for me. with a view of the previous and following pages, I think we can figure this one out.

It appears to be a book, as a check on the web shows that it was reading material for college students. Also, the Editor of the book, Diana g. Cornelisse is/was the Chief Historian for the ACS. The gentleman who provided the forward, Col. Walter j. Boyne, used to be the Director of the National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian.

For such a serious and historical work, the brevity of an alien joke seems somewhat out of place.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The article talks about Shorty Schroeders eyes being froze open. Found this

Schroeder's Altitude Flights, 1918-1920
During World War I, the Air Service began making test flights at high altitude. On Sept. 18, 1918, Capt. Rudolph W. "Shorty" Schroeder set a world record of 28,900 feet in a Bristol airplane from McCook Field. In 1919 he established three more world altitude records, and on Feb. 27, 1920, in a LePere airplane fitted with a General Electric turbo-supercharger, he reached a world-record height of 33,114 feet. When he removed his goggles to change oxygen flasks in order to continue breathing in the rarified atmosphere, the minus 63 degree air temperature immediately froze his eyeballs.

Schroeder passed out from the lack of oxygen and carbon monoxide poisoning and the LePere plummeted nearly six miles in two minutes; at the very last moment, he regained consciousness and pulled the plane from its dive. Although he was almost totally blind, Schroeder was able to locate McCook Field and land safely.

www.nationalmuseum.af.mil...

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

S&F! Nice find. I don't care what the skeptics think, this is very interesting read. Don't let them push your buttons OP. If ETs landed tomorrow in the middle of Washington and stepped out smiling, (no matter what they looked like), there would still be those that wouldn't believe it until they were able to walk up and physically examine them themselves.

Even then they'd be the ones goin, "If our a real alien, read my mind or make the Washington Monument levitate! Do somethin Alien, otherwise I say your fake and this is all a Hoax!"

Denial is a powerful thing

Great find/post! Thanks!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Notice how much the article gets wrong. It calls Venus a "green planet" and refers to astronomy as "astrology." And says those researching the alien don't know if it's from Venus or Mars because they look similar in black-and-white photos.

The First Lady of Japan says that she has been to Venus and it is indeed green and also lush. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Just asked a friend who works in Intel at Wright Patt to see if the base library has it. The text of entire postscript "The Saga Continues" would be helpful.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken

S&F! Nice find. I don't care what the skeptics think, this is very interesting read. Don't let them push your buttons OP. If ETs landed tomorrow in the middle of Washington and stepped out smiling, (no matter what they looked like), there would still be those that wouldn't believe it until they were able to walk up and physically examine them themselves.

Even then they'd be the ones goin, "If our a real alien, read my mind or make the Washington Monument levitate! Do somethin Alien, otherwise I say your fake and this is all a Hoax!"

Denial is a powerful thing

Great find/post! Thanks!!!

I wonder why people with even the slightest bit of intelligence bother posting on this site anymore. It's like banging your head against the wall.
This article is obviously meant to be a joke. Little Green Men...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by JohnnyRaincheck]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatnietzsche
reply to post by Roadblockx

here, try these:

www.esnips.com...

www.esnips.com...

www.esnips.com...

Still no worky. Can you upload them to ATS using your pictures & link them?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

yeah I thought that was odd too. Maybe the author just doesn't know #.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OK, here's my thought on the whole thing.

It was written to appear as a joke, so that it would make it past the editors, but there is enough little pieces of info, that if someone wanted to research it, they could find out that there is hidden truths in it.

Like I said before, I believe there are those on the inside that would love to expose the truth, but can't for fear of their lives, so the put little clues in things like this, or hidden places, for researchers to later find, and follow the clues.

After all, what is the best way to hide something. Right in front of their noses.

And to the poster asking to see the rest of the article? It's one page, OK. Pg 291.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am not sure if you know this, but it is possible for someone to take say a paragraph and present it as some great fact, when it actually was taken completely out of context. This page seems like kind of a joke, but then again it doesn't directly say it is. So it would stand to reason that it might mention that fact on page 290 or perhaps 292. I want to see proof of alien life just as much as the next guy, but I refuse to buy into every rubber suit presented as proof of bigfoot. (anymore)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well it's a genuine book

ISBN 9780756741624

The editor Col Walter J Boyne has written a forward to the book here

Don't know what to make of it really, but the use of acronyms like SGLPFE are certainly a little odd!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's the initial response from my friend at WP:

Well, for one, the first thing I noticed was that Lt. Frank Stuart Patterson's DH.4 was not perfectly fine; it had a broken tie rod which caused the wings to separate from the aircraft at 15,000 feet.
And I do believe the person in the Round-The-World flights was Wiley Post, at least that may be what they're talking about, he was the first person to fly around the world solo. The Question Mark was so named because nobody knew how long it could stay in the air, and they were gonna push it to its limit to find out. And the GeeBee racer killed at least two people before it crashed and was never rebuilt.
And it must be relatively aged, because it's the 88th Medical Group (they just f*ed up my arm with an anthrax shot this morning), not the 74th anymore, and it's been that way for a while.
And while I've never been there, I have been BY there, and the only thing I saw in it was a couple C-130s and AB through TSgt crew chiefs/maintenance people. Which, hey, if you're into the theories, might be a real nice cover, but oh well lol.
But I can see what the library has. Looks real satirical, though.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

People like you take conspiracies to an entirely different level. You see evidence and then condemn it. Where is YOUR PROOF?? Can you prove this is just satire? No i didnt think so. Good job.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
First off impressive find OP !

Sometimes i wonder...what kind of evidence do ppl want. No matter if its a picture or if its a video - no one will ever believe it. If its a pic they will say photoshop and if its a vid then they will say its CGI.

Might as well not post anything and keep it to yourself. I really think the only way to believe something is real is if its broadcasted on MSM. Even then i bet ppl would still try to say its fake.

Im in for the end result of all this.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
trying to figure out how to get those pics to work. in the meantime, that's the end of the one-page article. the next thing you see in the book is the Endnotes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join