It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrified Alien Found At Wright Patterson in 2003?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by exposethosesecrets

If the copy I have does not have what you found in a PUBLIC library, then I would have to say the copy you have is a hoax. It seems you are now stating that other copies of the same book will not have that information in it.

Now I am wondering if I should cancel my order.

I went to the link you provided from amazon and if you look at the picture, the cover has an entirely different title. The photo title says, " The First 50 Yrs. U.S. Judge Advocate General's Department. It also says it's a paperback.

If you go to this link, you can see the cover photo is exactly the same as the OP posted and Chapter One 'Birthplace of Aviation:' is available to read.
www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by virraszto]

That's the book! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Awesome!

I live 15 mins away from Wright Patt!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, you can also see this book does have:

Postscript

o The Saga Continues

So to anyone who doubted the OP, he was telling the truth.

And....if anyone cares to email the writer of the book to ask about "The Saga Continues", you can try this email address to see if it's current.

[email protected]

[edit on 21-10-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just wanted to show everyone something that I found while looking around for the book. I went to Wright-Patterson's homepage and typed in the date May 27,2003. It gave me about 5 or 6 links. One that I found was a "waste water" or waste removal evaluation by an independent company for the base. The link is www.wpafb.af.mil...

In section 3.2 it is listing different things that area was used for and one of the reasons was a burial site. I know that this is nothing huge but I was wondering what everyones thoughts were for having a burial site on WPAB.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyRaincheck

I wonder why people with even the slightest bit of intelligence bother posting on this site anymore. It's like banging your head against the wall.
This article is obviously meant to be a joke. Little Green Men...

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing after reading your post. Nice retort Jethro!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
hey all, here are those pictures i took a couple of hours ago when i checked into the book at my local library. they show the cover, the page originally photocopied, and the opposite page with the cutesy little-green-man toys/figurines.

just to settle the debate about, you know, whether or not this page actually exists in the book in question. personally, i still think it's meant by the publisher as a little lighthearted fun, as the rest of the book is very seriously devoted to documenting the history of wright-patterson. but maybe it's a little bit of disclosure wrapped in mockery? we've never seen THAT before!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/828adaba661d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91d4db0b9a00.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36dc689f44dd.jpg[/atsimg]

my next step would be to contact the officers mentioned in the passage and see if there's any truth to their involvement in something like this. seems like the only available recourse.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Alien Dead body's hah! We need to get NCIS on the case of"Who throttled the little green man?" it was probably Dexter!

Nah but really that's pretty cool if it was true. can Disclosure be that far off.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
While I agree there's definitely a tongue-in-cheek style to the writing it wouldn't be hard to verify if there's any merit to the content in the postscript.

The author writes,

Historians from the Aeronautical Systems Center (ASC) History office made a remarkable discovery on May 27, 2003 ... . Scientists with the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force base have made a preliminary conclusion ... . Researchers from Ohio State University speculated ... . Dr. Vincent Russo, retired civilian director of [ASC] and past director of the Materials Laboratory, is writing, with the intent to publish ... . As for the hapless historians, they have embarked on a a number of team building and stress reduction exercises with appropriate subject-area experts from 74th Medical Group at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

That's four different organizations, one name, and a date, with that kind of name dropping / information a person interested in more than just speculation could easily find out if there's any real value to the story. What's even more amazing is this can be done w/o sounding crazy, because the book was published, officially, by Ohio (U.S.) Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Any takers?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatnietzsche
hey all, here are those pictures i took a couple of hours ago when i checked into the book at my local library. they show the cover, the page originally photocopied, and the opposite page with the cutesy little-green-man toys/figurines.

just to settle the debate about, you know, whether or not this page actually exists in the book in question. personally, i still think it's meant by the publisher as a little lighthearted fun, as the rest of the book is very seriously devoted to documenting the history of wright-patterson.

Hey congratulations on getting your pictures posted! I guess the third time is the charm! It's nice to see some verification of what the OP said though i didn't really doubt the OP.

I have to agree with your assessment that it sounds like a satirical article stuck at the end of a serious book. But i suppose that's more obvious to some than others, maybe it helps to have the whole book in your hands to put it in context.

Anyway thanks to the OP for the interesting find, as well as the 2nd photo confirmation. The pictures of the little green men in the photo kind of add to the satire interpretation.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beatnietzsche

haha, that bottom picture on the left page makes it pretty clear this article is a joke, but there's always the possibility there's a little bit of truth mixed in with the silliness. Still might be worth someones time to do a little digging. Though who knows the interviewee might end up having a little fun at the expense of the UFO researcher. Always hard to separate fact from fiction when there's so much bias and sheer rabble-rousing.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Do any of the UFO groups know about this? I can't find any information on it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
SGLPFE ... ?? LMAO .... OOOOOOk!

That is too funny ....

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't understand people's skeptisicm of wright patterson air force base having something like this.

wright patterson was used for reverse engineering of foreign government aircraft during the Cold War.

it also has very strong ties to roswell It is now commonly accepted by researchers that before the Ft. Worth flight, another flight to Wright-Patterson had already taken place, carrying debris and alien bodies.

also wright-patterson's hangar 18 was about as infamous as area 51 back in the day.

i do not se eit being a stretch of the imagination to think that it is possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
I don't understand people's skeptisicm of wright patterson air force base having something like this.

wright patterson was used for reverse engineering of foreign government aircraft during the Cold War.

it also has very strong ties to roswell It is now commonly accepted by researchers that before the Ft. Worth flight, another flight to Wright-Patterson had already taken place, carrying debris and alien bodies.

also wright-patterson's hangar 18 was about as infamous as area 51 back in the day.

i do not se eit being a stretch of the imagination to think that it is possible.

Read the article. It says that it was found on a visit to McCook air base.

A base that has not existed since 1928 and is now a playground and softball fields.

It is a joke folks a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

because it seems so outlandish to them that skeptics are fairly rude on their opinion.

it's seriously SO TYPICAL for someone to react in a hostile and condescending manner to anyone mentioning the credibility of ANY kind of alien encounter (not UFO, that seperate)

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer

It's McCook airbase that you should be skeptical about, not Wright Patterson. McCook didn't even exist when this visit was made to discover the alien body.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

i don't think people are skeptical about something *like* this happening at WP, just skeptical that this particular account in this particular book is representative of a real event.

it's fishy both ways, you know? on the one hand, why would this just be thrown in as a joke at the end of the book? on the other hand, how could official semi-disclosure have been right under our noses without anyone noticing?

until further investigation, i'm erring on the side of an air force attempt at humor that 1) acknowledges the long history of ET/UFO rumor surrounding WP and 2) jokingly dismisses it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

There is something really fake looking about that scan.

The text is way too crisp for all the other copy machine like imperfections.

As being someone who was alive many more years than computers and photoshop have been around, I have used copy machines to xerox book pages all the way up through college. That's how you took information home from reference books, which you couldn't check out, before about 1995.

Unscientifically, I know what those pages should look like from experience and when the page is darkened and turned like that the text doesn't look crisp at all. The letters should be fuzzy and running together a bit more than they are. Also, the large title seems to be floating above the paper, not printed right on it. Maybe it's the lack of texture of the paper in the large letters that has me thinking that it looks a little off... just a little TOO sharp. There should be a paper like texture. This looks more like a book PDF than a photocopied page.

Nice try, but I think whomever photoshopped this together needs a little more practice in making realistic looking docs. I'm guessing it's someone under the age of 30, and thus hasn't seen thousands of photocoppied book pages like us old folk have. I'm 41. Hasn't been real long since the card catalog and copy machines was the norm.

You owe the OP one large apology. You made a complete arse out of yourself pal, next time take a few minutes to do some real research before ever labeling another ATS member as a Hoaxer/liar or that he/she posted photoshopped images without the slightest bit of proof in order to back your pathetically ignorant claim.

IMO, ATS should suspend your posting abilities, until you retract your unfounded (& proven wrong) accusations, as well as make a formal apology to Exposethosesecrets, but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatnietzsche

just to settle the debate about, you know, whether or not this page actually exists in the book in question. personally, i still think it's meant by the publisher as a little lighthearted fun, as the rest of the book is very seriously devoted to documenting the history of wright-patterson. but maybe it's a little bit of disclosure wrapped in mockery? we've never seen THAT before!

my next step would be to contact the officers mentioned in the passage and see if there's any truth to their involvement in something like this. seems like the only available recourse.

Great job.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IconoclasticTalamasca
The First Lady of Japan says that she has been to Venus and it is indeed green and also lush. Coincidence?

Not at all.

I bet you didn't expect that answer from me, huh?

But it's not what you're thinking. This is an idea born of early science fiction and persisted in popular culture for some time. Read Venus in Fiction to see how prevalent it was.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join