It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of Noah in Google Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by tinfoilman

That's damn convenient. I guess the spiders just hitched a ride on a birds back. Snakes must've coiled around a giraffe neck.

Its all bollocks

All this site does is suggest that there is potentially a big, fossilized boat in a mountainous region.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by InSpiteOf]

Don't forget it took a long time for Noah to make the Ark and that would be sufficient time to get all the animals there. Plus the animals weren't adults they were young. Plus, the earth back then was one land mass not like today's land mass that is separated.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Hmm I take the serpent thing as being symbolic, as far as I believe there was the general populace of beings that visited our planet, 2 brothers being the leaders. We were created as slaves in the first instance - an advancement of the monkeys we were before they got here.

I guess you are refering to the ancient Sumerian tales of Enki and Enlil dating back to around 3000 BC?

According to the ancient Sumerian texts, the Sumerian god, Anu, the “supreme Lord of the Sky”, the currently reigning titular head of the Sumerian Family Tree, had two sons. They were Enki (Ea), Lord of the Earth and Waters (whose mother was Antu), and Enlil (Ilu), Lord of the Air and Lord of the Command (whose mother was Ki). These two half-brothers -- surprise, surprise -- did not get along.

www.halexandria.org...

Well, there are actually older stories than that, looking at the roots of the oldest living religion, Hinduism. Via the Vedas back to the Indus valley where Sanskrit grew forth. The Sanskrit word for "god" is Deva (f. Devi) and means "The Shining Beings". We find this word in Lat. Deus and Gr. Theos. Another form of Deus in Latin is the genitiv variant Dei, we may find in diverse words as Ger. Deilich (No. Deilig) "Lovely" or "(Feeling-) Very Good", or in No. Diger "Huge" or OE Hlæf-dige "Queen" or "Empress" or "mighty woman". And maybe even in the Eng. They, NNo. Dei., No. De. Even the definite article in English THE.

Indirectly this has become God, as in the meaning Good from Nor. Goð. Perhaps this word derives from Skt. bhagavati "goddess," m. bhagavat "blessed, adorable," from *bhagah "good fortune," from PIE base *bhag- "to share out, apportion"

This again may have given Norse words like Gjota (spawn, fertilise, pour out) and Gutr (boy, boastfull).

Sources: etymonline.com, "Våre Arveord" ISBN 82-7099-319-0

[edit on 21/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I personally think it was the discovery of this natural geological feature on the slopes of Mount Ararat that led to the story that that was where Noah's boat ended up - contradicting of course the earlier story of Atrahasis on which it is based wherein the survovor of teh storm ended up pretty much where he started off (excaept all the mud built houses have been destroyed by the hurricane and the rains and tidal surge)

But if the Noah story is true, just how did he manage to fnd the Duck Billed Platypus? And how prescient of him to take on board 2 of every kind of sea creature, especially all the crustaceans and worms and corals and things, which would have died very quickly indeed had sea levels risen above all the land at a rate of more than, say, 1ft per 100 years or so. Odd the Bible ommitted them though ......

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Essan]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Don't forget it took a long time for Noah to make the Ark and that would be sufficient time to get all the animals there.

So Noah had time to build a massive boat, by himself; out of timber, probably the size of tree's; AND collect animals?

Plus the animals weren't adults they were young.

So he took young animals from their respective parents? Did he and his wife nurse them and teach them the necessary survival skills for the new world as well?

Plus, the earth back then was one land mass not like today's land mass that is separated.

And how long do you think it would take to walk around that huge continent and collect these animals, meanwhile building a boat single handedly, that could carry said animals?

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

I never understood the Ark scenario. If God told Noah to collect to of every creature, because God was going to flood the land, did Noah collect the golden starburst baboon tarantula from Tanzania? What about the Giant Anaconda of the Amazon? Or the Golden Eagle of North America?

Metaphor, wrapped in myth.

Noah, was just a captain of a big boat. God talked to him as much as my morning cheerio's talk to me.

My feelings exactly.

You people are applying science where only faith may tread. Science has already proven to you that every animal was not within walking distance of Noah's Ark. Either alot of innocent animals drowned because of Noah's incompetence and God's indifference to the suffering of life, or it never happened, and you're looking at the remains of an old boat which NEVER had 2 of every single animal on the planet on it.

Those animals would fight and kill one another the entire time, they are all wild supposedly.

It never happened, stop looking for it. Focus efforts on our dying planet and what we can do to save our children from a life of torment and horror.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The whole Noahs ark thing is ridiculous- the story was stolen to begin with!

How can grown people actually even entertain this idea, seriously- it's bollocks- the story of Noah was designed to put the fear of god into you- you know, a loving caring god that kills people if they don't do what he says and will do the same thing again if you dont be careful and play properly! - there is no ark on Ararat fullstop because there was no ark in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

So when I write about the battle between Greece and Persia on the Marathon fields, I am stealing the story? Mon Dieu!

The animals Noah brought into the ark were domesticated animals like cows and sheep (clean animals) and certain other animals that was important, either for their hides and skin, their ability to kill rodents and other critters etc. (unclean animals) so he could start over when the waters dropped.

And the reason God brought about the Flood, wasn't because men had become genetically corrupted, it was because of all the violence that grew forth because of what the Watchers taught Man and all the monsters and giants they made through crossbreeding different species (apparently the giraffe is a mix between leopard and camel for instance). How to make weapons, war tactics, magic and other things.

The god/angel who gave us knowledge about weapons and black smithing etc. was Azazeel. You can find referances to him in the Bible, Leviticus 16 (verses 8, 10 and 26). In NIV and KJV and most other English "translations", they have felt free enough to "translate" his name into "scapegoat", which is incorrect and a corruption comparable to how Lilith is also "translated" into "screech owl" in Isajah 34:14. Azazeel was prior to the Flood sentanced to be imprisoned in the Dudael desert under rugged rocks for seventy generations, or at the time of Jesju, 2000 years ago, then he and the other watchers like Zemjaza et al. were set free having completed their sentances.

Anyway, seeing how these gods, angels and demons are "animals" in the text, and how the serpent in eden was a person etc. many of the "animals" Noah brought with him in his ark were actually people.

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
has anyone heard the one [mesopotamian, egyptian and persian] where the ark isn't a boat but a big rectangular cowpen dug into the ground which survives a great flood? seems a little more realistic maybe?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And you have the Great Pyramid at Giza. When it was built it was encapsuled in a layer of fine white marble, 144,000 blocks, fused together making the Pyramid waterproof. At some point most of these casting blocks were used to build buildings in the area. But there's still a few of them left at the top of the pyramid. So was the Great Pyramid actually an ark too?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
So was the Great Pyramid actually an ark too?

i'll play..

how about khufu designed the layout of the giza plateau after he visited the real "ark" location in saxbw

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think the ark would have been too big for one man to build in his working adult lifetime. The size of the timbers handling them bending them pre drilling for the nails making nails. Come-on there's no local hardware store open - yep all too much.

I imagine this thing took a while and was a smokescreen for something else happening at the time. I don't know what but you can only guess it was something to do with all the animals - perhaps someone needed them for population elsewhere

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
still supriced the ark people dont want to tackle the notion that there are 2 ark´s in the bible with precise measures

one big
one small

2 arks

not 1

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Just like the Great Pyramid has been dedicated to Khufu or Kheops, the Gopher Ark has been dedicated to Noah. Noah was a wealthy and crafty man and probably had hundreds if not thousands of workers under him to help him out with farming, building and what not. Noah was a king, mind you....

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
And you have the Great Pyramid at Giza. When it was built it was encapsuled in a layer of fine white marble, 144,000 blocks, fused together making the Pyramid waterproof. At some point most of these casting blocks were used to build buildings in the area. But there's still a few of them left at the top of the pyramid. So was the Great Pyramid actually an ark too?

It was encased in fine white SANDSTONE, not marble. After a large earthquake the casing blocks that fell off were used to repair cities.

Wasn't marble though!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
why can't the ark myth be part reality turned into metaphor?
Let's say, some guy named noah had some sort of epiphany, built an ark that housed SOME animals, there was a flood (not a "wash everything away flood" but the flood that is documented in many cultures) and this "story" became blown out of proportion to become the myth it is.
don't forget, I do believe they also said that Noah was 960 years old...I don't believe THAT one for a second. BUT I do believe that most myth is somewhere based in fact, even if it's just a little.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
still supriced the ark people dont want to tackle the notion that there are 2 ark´s in the bible with precise measures

one big
one small

2 arks

not 1

The word translated Ark in relation to Noah in our bibles is a Hebrew word called Tebah. Noah made one (Genesis 6, 7, 8 and 9), and the mother of Mosjeh (Moses) made one (Exodus 2). The best way to translate it would be Lifeboat.

The name Tebah, given to the son of Nahor in Genesis 22:24 means "A Slaughter" or "Slaughter of Animals".

The Ark of the Covenant is discribed with another word, Arown, which means "Chest" or "Crate".

The name Aaron (Mosjeh's brother and high priest) means "Light Bringer". Lucifer also means "Light Bringer" how convenient....

[edit on 22/10/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
enoch

CHAPTER LXVII. 1. And in those days the word of God came unto me, and He said unto me: 'Noah, thy lot has come up before Me, a lot without blame, a lot of love and uprightness. 2. And now the angels are making a wooden building, and when they have completed that task I will place My hand upon it and preserve it, and there shall come forth from it the seed of life, and a change shall set in so that the earth will not remain without inhabitant. 3. And I will make fast thy seed before me for ever and ever, and I will spread abroad those who dwell with thee: it shall not be unfruitful on the face of the earth, but it shall be blessed and multiply on the earth in the name of the Lord.' 4. And He will imprison those angels, who have shown unrighteousness, in that burning valley which my grandfather Enoch had formerly shown to me in the west among the mountains of gold and silver and iron and soft metal and tin. 5. And I saw that valley in which there was a great convulsion and a convulsion of the waters. 6. And when all this took place, from that fiery molten metal and from the convulsion thereof in that place, there was produced a smell of sulphur, and it was connected with those waters, and that valley of the angels who had led astray (mankind) burned beneath that land.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Parta]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Parta

Revelation of Mosjeh (Moses):

And then He said to the archangel Michael: Go into paradise, into the third heaven, and bring me three cloths of fine linen and silk. And God said to Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, and Raphael: (1) Cover Adam's body with the cloths, and bring olive oil of sweet odour, and pour upon him. And having thus done, they prepared his body for burial. And the Lord said: Let also the body of Abel be brought. And having brought other cloths, they prepared it also for burial, since it had not been prepared for burial since the day on which his brother Cain slew him.

For the wicked Cain, having taken great pains to hide it, had not been able; for the earth did not receive it, saying: I will not receive a body into companionship (2) until that dust which was taken up and fashioned upon me come to me. And then the angels took it up, and laid it on the rock until his father died. And both were buried, according to the commandment of God, in the regions of paradise, in the place in which God found the dust. (3) And God sent seven angels into paradise, and they brought many sweet-smelling herbs, and laid them in the earth; and thus they took the two bodies, and buried them in the place which they had dug and built.

And God called Adam, and said: Adam, Adam. And the body answered out of the ground, and said: Here am I, Lord. And the Lord says to him: I said to thee, Dust (4) thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return. Again I promise thee the resurrection. I will raise thee up in the last day in the resurrection, with every man who is of thy seed.

And after these words God made a three-cornered seal, and sealed the tomb, that no one should do anything to him in the six days, until his rib should return to him. And the beneficent God and the holy angels having laid him in his place, after the six days Eve also died. And while she lived she wept about her falling asleep, because she knew not where her body was to be laid. For when the Lord was present in paradise when they buried Adam, both she and her children fell asleep, except Seth, as I said.

And Eve, in the hour of her death, besought that she might be buried where Adam her husband was, saying thus: My Lord, Lord and God of all virtue, do not separate me, Thy servant, from the body of Adam, for of his members Thou madest me; but grant to me, even me, the unworthy and the sinner, to be buried by his body. And as I was along with him in paradise, and not separated from him after the transgression, so also let no one separate us. After having prayed, therefore, she looked up into heaven, and stood up, and said, beating her breast: God of all, receive my spirit.And straightway she gave up her spirit to God.

And when she was dead, the archangel Michael stood beside her; and there came three angels, and took her body, and buried it where the body of Abel was. And the archangel Michael said to Seth: Thus bury every man that dies, until the day of the resurrection. And after having given this law, he said to him: Do not mourn beyond six days.

And on the seventh day, rest, and rejoice in it, because in it God and we the angels rejoice in the righteous soul that has departed from earth. Having thus spoken, the archangel Michael went up into heaven, glorifying, and saying the Alleluia: (5) Holy, holy, holy Lord, to the glory of God the Father, because to Him is due glory, honour, and adoration, with His unbeginning and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and to ages of ages. Amen.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Lucifer actually means Light bearer not light bringer. Never knew that Aaron means light bringer but I do know that Lucas does mean bearer of light.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Angel One

Well, whether i bring the light with me or bear it with me, it's the same thing to me atleast, but you're right of course, details is everything.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join