It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.aerith.net...

Check this site out please, it is Japanese, and hasnt been shut down by NASA (yet).... Scroll down to the bottom, to the Feb 28th listing.... redevous with comet NEAT 2002/V1....

Anyone taking bets????

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
" (about the time our weather nationally started acting wierd)"

dragon rider could you expand on that a bit for us?

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Go to the link, scroll back to the dates when weather started acting wierd, it peaked on feb 18, which is when a huge emission spike occurred.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
sorry obviously not being clear. what precisely do you mean by "the weather acting weird nationally?"
frogs raining in Arkansas, Blizzards in Texas?

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
if you remember, it was near that time that that large snowstorm was blasting parts of the east coast and the next system which turned most of northern new york where i live, into a giant icicle party. for those of you who say you're scared i say only this. at one time death will come for you. as it will come for me and everyone else. care not for the gods you belive in or the heavans you belive you'll reach. accept death and take it when it comes. hold on to life until you're ready to go but fear not the end.

another point where people get screwed over. let us theorize that NEAT hits in the southern pacific southwest of hawaii and east of australia somewhere. we know they're toasted flesh, but what is to become of the other side of the world? i tell you.

the sheer size of NEAT will send a seismic shock through earth and create massive earthquakes at the exact opposite of ground zero. this activity will likely take place in europe somewhere. i don't have a map handy right now but i guess somewhere middle east north africa and generally mediterrainian areas. i guess i cancel my trip to miami. if or when NEAT does come, will florida be completely washed up? i have family there so i hope not. they'd think i'm crazy if i said NEAT will get them too. lol. oh well grandparents are weird anyway.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What if HAARP didn't do what they hoped it would do ... ? Maybe it only burnt off just the gas's. Then again, maybe THAT was HAARP's purpose ... It's not very visible anymore is it? Maybe they knew the CME wouldn't do much damage or good, exept burn the gas's off making it hard to see ....

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Found this friggan wierd ass image from this site aoreport.com... ... It's dated from feb. 7th 2003 ... WTF IS IT!?

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
An old photo of comet neat...

www.space-talk.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Nostradamus references to NEAT...

I found this on another site:

Dont know if I believe it, although Nostradamus has the best track record at these kinds of things.... scary either way, considering what we do know....

Omen Update: Nostradamus� Comet

II: 46

Apres grad troche humain plus grad s�appreste,
Le grand motor des siecles renouuelle:
Pluye, sang, laict, famine, fer & peste,
Au ciel veu feu, courant longue estincele.

After a great misery, an even greater approaches,
The great motor of the cycles is renewed:
Raining blood, milk, famine, iron and pestilence,
In the sky will be seen a fire, dragging a trail of sparks.

II: 62

Mabus puis tost alors mourra, viendra,
De gens & bestes une horrible defaite:
Puis tout a coup la vengeance on verra,
Cent, main, soif, faim, quand courra la comete.

Mabus will soon die, then will come,
A horrible �undoing� of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred (days) of power, thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

VIII: 77

L�antichrist trios bien tost annichiliez,
Vingt & sept and sang durera sa guerre
Les heretiques morts, captifs, exilez,
Sang corps humain eau rogie gresler terre.

The Third Antichrist soon annihilated,
Twenty-seven years his bloody war will last:
The heretics dead, captives exiled,
Blood soaked bodies, and a reddened, icy hail covering the earth.

These three quatrains from the Seer of Provence point to a connection between a comet, the death of a �Mabus� who is the third antichrist, and the 27 year long war with Islam, the Final Crusade of World War III, with its very, very destructive scenarios. While the space shuttle Columbia disaster was indeed a mythic event that could be seen as a comet-like trail of fire and sparks n the sky, it is possible that Nostradamus, in his crafty way, is also directing us to a real comet. This added coincidence, a real comet, a mythic disaster to the faux goddess Columbia, and the impending war and probable sudden death of one of the three Mabus archetypes, leaves one simply gasping for breath at the strength of the insight.

What real comet? Well, chances are, you haven�t heard of C/2002 V1, or Comet NEAT yet, but you will�

In the middle of September 2002, around the equinox, a large cometary body, twice the size of Pluto, plunged through the asteroid belt into the inner solar system headed on what could only be called a close encounter trajectory with our sun. It brightened rapidly and on November 6th 2002 was discovered by NASA�s Near Earth Asteroid Tracking, or NEAT, program as it emerged from the asteroid belt. Closer examination showed that it was not an asteroid, but a strange nickel/irridum rich snowball of a comet.

It came from the direction of the constellation Pegasus and after swooping around our sun inside the orbit of Mercury would head off again in a long, one and one half a precessional cycle orbit of between 37,000 thousand and 39, 000 years. The last time it visited, modern man had yet to develop from the earlier homonids. A few thousands years later, the Neanderthal was extinct and Homo sapiens sapiens, or monkey too smart for his own good, also known as killer monkey for they did to the Neanderthal, was the lord and master of the planet. Is it our turn, when, as Nostradamus reminds us, the comet shall pass?

The comet was visible, though not with the naked eye, to those who knew where to look when the space shuttle went down. As the Columbia streaked east into the dawn and her doom, the faintest traces of the glow of the comet could be seen just below Pegasus and just above the juncture of Pisces and Aquarius. Ten days later, it could be seen with the naked eye in the moments just before dawn, a tiny silver star on the horizon.

And then it plunged too close to the sun to be seen, except by NASA�s SOHO solar observatory. As SOHO watched the object�s close encounter with the sun, pulses and flares erupted and on February 18th an enormous coronal mass ejection surged out from the sun and swatted the comet as it passed. And then the fun began�

One day after the CME struck the comet, the Homeland Security folks issued a very serious toned warning about preparing for a disaster or a terrorist attack. Included were provisions for �clean air� such as �sealing doors and windows with duct tape and using heavy-duty plastic bags. The person should also try to keep the nose/mouth clear of any dust (you should have a dust/comfort mask handy). Read the steps for �clean air� as advised by the Homeland Security Department.� www.ready.gov...

Other items included:

"Be prepared to improvise and use what you have on hand to make it on your own for at least three days, maybe longer." www.ready.gov...

"Some of the things you can do to prepare for the unexpected, such as assembling a supply kit and developing a family communications plan, are the same for both a natural or man-made emergency. www.ready.gov...

"You may have trouble getting through, or the phone system may be down altogether, but be patient."
www.ready.gov...

"If you see large amounts of debris in the air, or if local authorities say the air is badly contaminated, you may want to "shelter-in-place� www.ready.gov...

These are rather curious suggestions if your talking about a terrorist attack, even a nuclear one. But they just might make sense if NASA had suddenly decided that a period of cometary debris was about to hit. The Homeland Security folks didn�t get the timeframe correct and set off a panic too early. At the height of that over the top alert panic, a small story appeared concerning a think tank scientist whose study suggested that the government not tell the people of an imminent and unavoidable world-class event was due.

Also we are reminded, as the world hovers between war and cometary cataclysm, of Fulcanelli�s season of the double catastrophe, and even more sharply of �Paul Mevryl�s� comet or asteroid interpretation in K. R. Johnson�s Fulcanelli Phenomenon. There he connects the comet, eerily enough, with the constellation of Pegasus and the idea of a fiery hail falling on the Middle East. And the timing of the prediction is nothing short of astounding for a pre-modern astronomy. Fulcanelli pinpoints the 20 years from 1992 to 2012 as the season of the double catastrophe, with the most likely time being around the fall equinox of 2002. Being off by only a few months on a cometary period of 37,000 years is remarkable by any standard.

And there is also the Egyptian goddess aspect, the return of the goddess Sekhmet, the Eye of Ra�

In the oldest of Egyptian catastrophe myths, the lion headed Goddess Sekhmet is dispatched by Ra to destroy mankind because of their insistence on following Set instead of Ra�s governors, Osiris and his son Horus. She was distracted from her duty, and became instead the goddess of love and healing, Hathor. But the secret catastrophic Sekhmet retained a special place in Egyptian theology. It was thought that she would return to finish her task at some future date, and so should be worshipped and propitiated just in case.

The Egyptians left no clue as to when this could be expected, except that the sky would be the opposite from that of the Zep Tepi, or the first time. Given the period of the comet, close to one and one half a precessional cycle, just a little more than one zodiacal age off, the sky on its return, in terms equinox and solstice alignments to the zodiac and galactic center, will always be exactly opposite each time. In other words, 37,000 thousand years ago, when it last appeared out of Pegasus, the fall equinox was at the cusp of Aquarius/Pisces not the spring, which was in Leo/Virgo, hence the Sekhmetian image of half lion, Leo, and half woman, Virgo, and the tilt was toward galactic center. Now it is reversed: spring equinox in Aquarius/Pisces and fall equinox in leo/Virgo, with the tilt away from galactic center.

Is the comet, with its nickel/irridum redness and its possible debris storm the destructive �goddess� the Egyptians called Sekhmet? And is she now returning for a second run at cleansing the planet?

Curiously enough, the SOHO photos taken on February 18th of the CME that struck the comet also show a sign, if we can see it. The fiery mass of force surges up from the sun and swirls, as it gets closer to the comet, into a rough but recognizable eye of Ra.

So, sometimes within that hundred-day framework Nostradamus predicted, while the world watches the lock step to war and possibly over the brink to that 27 year war of global destruction, the earth will pass through at least the tail of the comet. It is almost impossible that the comet itself could have been skewed enough to actually hit the earth, but passing through its tail, full of heavy metal meteors that may precipitate as dust, and probably as chunks much larger as well, maybe disaster enough. A double disaster, in fact, just as Fulcanelli predicted, or an omen, a sign from the Goddess, that if we don�t work together, we just might die together, whether we like it or not.

From my best guess based on the information at the websites listed below, we will pass through the tail anytime from late April through June. The earlier it starts after the next closest approach to earth around the spring equinox, the more disastrous the consequences. The closer to the summer solstice, the more likely it is that it just be a good light show in the sky with millions of bright red meteors streaking down like hail. If nothing shows up by the summer solstice, we have dodged the bullet once again.

At the very least though, these signs and portents in the sky, these omens, should be a wake up call. If we understand the myth and its metaphor, then we just might be better prepared to face the perilous times and navigate them safely. All we can really do, however, is hope the goddess is lenient and cautionary, rather vengeful and destructive�

The Night of Sekhmet is coming to a reality near you this spring or early summer� What kind of world would you like to awake to?

Sources for Comet NEAT:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

sci.esa.int...

www.free-minds.org...

www.space.com...

www.astrocy.com...

cometography.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
dragonrider, you're doing a great job of bringing information to us and at the same time scaring the living hell out of everyone else. for that i thank you.

i'm sorta relieved that the comet itself won't hit but the tail bites stronger than the teeth. that is going to make things a lot harder on all of us. now we've got random chunks of crap flying about with no real way to predict when and where they'll hit. that and the fact it'll become a yearly occurance. what a sad state of affairs.

great links!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If you saw that picture that e-nonymous posted, doesn't it kinda look like the SOHO satellite was taking a photo of the goddamned TAIL of the comet? That's what I always envisioned one to look like from the inside--lots of Debris.

BTW I agree, I really do appreciate the continual updates. Is the unofficial word now that the comet isn't going to path into us?

Thanks!

EDIT: After reading that link from over at the astronomy board, it seems like some amateur astronomers are thinking that we will be pretty safe. So I just thought to myself, what if this is a cunning tool of the conspiracy to get people watching the skies more--particularly during wartime. This could also open up a future way of having us "discover" extraterrestrial intelligence- as the President mentioned in the most recent budget. After all, back in the 1500's people were fervently watching the skies, and look how many monumental inventions and ideas came out of that period! It was a real revolution, and the SAME thing would happen if someone discovered signs of Extraterrestrial intelligence. Just a thought, I hope we are out of harm's way.

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I never even thought it would be the inside of the tail ... Might be ... who know's.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
cause if we don't get hit by the comet itself, we have to deal with yearly chunks of NEAT coming into us. and THAT!?!?! man it is lookin bad. someone said it wouldn't hit but the tail will be in our orbit. err pass through our orbit but not hit.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sheesh.

Go hang out on the astronomy boards. NASA doesn't own the astronomers, nor does anyone else. If you want the truth and good measurements, ask there.

No one seems to believe we're in any danger.

Y'know, what we need is an informal betting system... Bragging Points (like "I told you so!") where you can bet on the chances of something happening by a certain date, and if you're wrong, we all get to deliver that many "I told you so"s at you.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hi guys, and thanks for your compliments.

If you have noticed, the HAARP emissions have dropped to next to nothing since it has emerged from the far side of the sun, so whatever they were hoping to do with HAARP, or at least the time frame they were using it, has passed. I agree, it most likely has changed its course to some extent. I also agree that we are most likely to run into some tail debris, although that may have been thier original strategy to burn off most of the volatiles so that it didnt have much debris by the time it came our way. From the observations I have read, it no longer has much of a tail, and is its tail emissions are starting to drop very quickly.

As far as the Cabal wanting to keep us looking at and diverting our attention from the war or whatever, if that was the case, why would they do so in such a haphazard way that would only attract the attention of a very small group of internet junkies. The rest of the "real world" has no clue this is happening at all, and if they did would think it was the ravings of a bunch of paranoid idiots, while they nervously watch CNN waiting for war?

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Sheesh.

Go hang out on the astronomy boards. NASA doesn't own the astronomers, nor does anyone else. If you want the truth and good measurements, ask there.

No one seems to believe we're in any danger.

Y'know, what we need is an informal betting system... Bragging Points (like "I told you so!") where you can bet on the chances of something happening by a certain date, and if you're wrong, we all get to deliver that many "I told you so"s at you.

BYRD
Do you have any good links to what you feel would be a "reputable" source for tracking this thing.???

The things that "scare" me the most here are:

1. The announcement (ON TV) that said "if" an impact were going to take place we would not be told. (Gee, what timing they have)

2. NASA did try and "fudge" and then "Remove" certain info and images over the past week. (nothing new here, with them just read between the lines LOL)

3. The SOHO images that we did see and the Suns reaction to this event was "UNREAL" (WOW, this thing is BIG!!!)

4. If I knew for sure this was going to happen and was a top offical of some kind, I sure would not tell the world because the panic it would cause would be unreal. With that being said, Who can we trust to get the real information.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Byrd, if you do go hang out on the astronomy boards, which I do, you wold know that those who have been keeping up with this situation, are VERY concerned about it, considering that it is very easy to recognize that NASA is obviously attempting to hide something. NASA is usually rather forthcoming with data about really cool astronomical events, since it pays for them to have a good public relationship (IE, helps them get federal funding), so it sends up a lot of red flags when they actively change or hide something.

You are also right in that not all astronomers work or are controlled by NASA... and the amateur astronomers in NZ are the ones giving us the only information on this comet available, since NASA completely shut down SOHO. Unfortunately, these have been limited observations, not enough to calculate a trajectory (NASA has it, but they're not sharing that with the public!) And, strangely, the only observatory in the southern hemisphere that could track this comet at this current point, with the sun behind it, burned to the ground in Australia a month ago....

Remember, coincidences DO NOT HAPPEN

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Hang on guys, something is going on at Gakona... huge amount of activity... might want to keep watching this during the day...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hey Dragonrider--- with regard to the crazy activity at Gakona, I flipped on the TV this morning (7:30am EST) and saw a weather report that it is SNOWING in ISRAEL right now, in the middle of the desert. Highly unusual, eh?
My suspicion is that it was intended as a test to be used against Iraq, since according to CNN we started doing air strikes last night (Tue 25).

"As far as the Cabal wanting to keep us looking at and diverting our attention from the war or whatever, if that was the case, why would they do so in such a haphazard way that would only attract the attention of a very small group of internet junkies. The rest of the "real world" has no clue this is happening at all, and if they did would think it was the ravings of a bunch of paranoid idiots, while they nervously watch CNN waiting for war?"

And that's the point- Not only must the lemmings of society (those with average IQ's) have fear instilled upon them (terror warnings), but the more intelligent folks also need to be controlled.. even if it is a small subset.

Shutting down their SOHO site after a picture or two got out BEFORE they altered the photos is curious to me. Keeping HAARP's magnetometer running & online through the entire fiasco is also strange, especially since so many websites were shut down. I think that the threat of a cataclysm was the perfect diversion for folks who are closely monitoring the Cabal's every move. We got emotionally wrapped up in the comet & the cover-up, and pretty much completely ignored the last few days of the impending war. We've heard news of helicopter crashes, air strikes beginning, etc.

Just a theory, trying to play a little bit with the possibilities, since most of the time it seems as though there is always a covert purpose behind publically-available information that is supplied by the Cabal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join