It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Honestly dragonrider,

If there is going to be a calamity of "biblical proportions", then the best alternative would be to kiss your loved ones goodbye and accept your fate.

Remember that your soul is not dying, merely transforming to a different level of being. This is part of the peace of mind I was referring to in another post.

The hardest part about crossing the river from this plane of existence is...er...dying.

deleted

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, considering all that is coming, it certainly is a good time to get right with God. (Of course, everyday is a good day to do that). But, at the same time, I dont know that I can just calmly accept my fate like the Lemmings....

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
cool, but pretty much an official summing up of what has already been said. still a great read

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I totally agree. However, it is just further evidence that NASA is shooting itself in the foot, and totally discrediting itself.

Byrd asked in another thread if I would feel like an idiot if the world didn't end.... well, I'll reserve judgement for May 13 (the comet is due to pass earths orbit May 5-12). Also, after doing a bit of research and finding a strong correlation between the comets perihelion, very abnormal CME activity, and very high levels of emissions from HAARP, if nothing does happen, I guess the Powers That Be really did know what the hell they were doing....

I guess there is a first time for everything....

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not related to Neat or Enigma

Two astroids coming very very close one should have already passed today, another
yet to come.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Using the orbit simulator the closest approach seems to be On the 6th.

Object Name: 2003 DY15
Close Approach Date: 2003-Mar-05
Miss Distance (AU) : 0.0037
Miss Distance (LD): 1.4
Estimated Diameter* : 15 m - 34 m
Relative Velocity (km/s): 10.00

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Object Name: 2003 DW10
Close Approach Date: 2003-Mar-03
Miss Distance (AU) :0.0036
Miss Distance (LD): 1.4
Estimated Diameter* : 17 m - 38 m
Relative Velocity (km/s): 7.80

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Attention Sleuthes: The Technical equipment that was used to gather the intial data is being witheld from our resident scientist and now it is your turn to size up and understand the basic picture and from your strength of intuition and psychic sensitivities-- take us to the further clarification of this potential specific timeline arrival and potential with probable effects -- that we may do a little bracing-- and/or preparation for it all...

You first must see the pictured diagram Viz has put up:
www.gxo.com...

Next: Read his "For the Record" and come up to date with where Enigma is said to be currently coming in from according to the chart:

www.thehotsheets.com...

"10) As previously related in here and in the Enigma
articles, we should be devoting some time to the
area ~2� East and South of Mars. This proposed
object originated from the same E-W area of the
cosmos as V1."

"12) Enigma "overshot" the sun in a non-traditional
perihelion and is now about nine (7) days away from
passing through our area of the solar system.
IR and radioscopes offer
the best chance for a sighting."

Next: Read Viz�s latest post:

"I haven�t been able to coax newer photos or view times out of those working that area of the sky"

"I�m still stuck with the closest previous
estimate based upon extrapolation of the data I
had at that time. Hints could be had by watching
Mars for an unexpected "storm" "

Next-- you can pull up a current map/chart of the sky using the latest V1 chart at:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Adjust the chart controls to match the view in Viz�s
chart:
1). Set the horizontal tab 2/3 over towards the left...
2). Set the vertical tab 2/3 up from the bottom...
3). Set the zoom tab lined up with/and directly under the vertical central main yellow line in the chart...

Now-- piece it all together...

Viz says to look up to the left and that it is-- (or will be) coming in past Mars...

"Hints could be had by watching Mars for an unexpected "storm" "

--which would have to be in a counterclockwise hairpin loop-turn around the Sun.

Side note:
[ This brought my wife to ask about the possibility of the Mars moon Phobos entering the picture -- possibly "in tow" as its name means "King of Terror"? ]

Let us hear from you...

Print out the charts and compare them side by side to get the picture...

Use multiple browsers and switch back and forth so it becomes clear...

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Given that there are several images of Phobos still serenely orbiting Mars as late 08/02/2001 (long after the comet supposedly "caputred" the moon): www.corvus.com...

I think that the scaremongers are having a field day.

Expect to see more images of Phobos (and Demios) still orbiting Mars this summer, when the Red Planet will make its closest approach to the Earth. The moons are tiny and hard to spot in the first place. With Mars at its closest, there should be plenty of fine pictures of them... yes, still in place.

As for capturing the moons, I'm afraid that the closest the comet got to Mars was some 600,000 miles away. Both the comet and the moons are far too small to have gravity wells that extend for more than a mile. So they're about 599,990 miles too far away to capture each other.

Hang out on the astronomy boards and ask these questions of both the amateurs and the pros. You'll get straighter answers there than you will from the conspiracy sites.

And no, the comet is still not scheduled to hit us.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Byrd,

I really, honestly, seriously, hope you are right....

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is from the prep2003 board...

Last Night's Heated Debate With James Lloyd...03/04/03
by Mitch Battros (ECTV)
It was indeed a fiery debate. Much passion on both sides. We began our debate over Comet C/2002 V1. Then it quickly went into war and then into James Lloyd Christian faith. We discussed Armageddon, Apocalyptic, a Third and even Fourth World War. James discussed the biblical perspective of asteroids, comets, and solar flares. Finally, James shared his premonition of what he believes will occur in the weeks and months ahead.

You can listen to our intense interview 'FREE'. I think you will enjoy our passionate interchange.

Mitch Battros/James Lloyd: www.earthchangestv.net...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Phil Plait has a lot of info on Planet X and why not to worry.
www.badastronomy.com...

My suggestion
1 - Buy a pair of binocs
2 - Look for planet X
3 - After you don't find it, look for Jupiter. It will be in the sky someplace near the arc of the path of the moon and sun (southeastish to southwestish). lt's bright. Through binocs, you can see (up to) 4 moons. They are never the same twice, and always worth a look.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One slight problem with that Chipolte.... NEAT is approaching from the southern hemisphere, so of course no one in the northern half of the planet will see it. Also, since the vast majority of its volatiles have been burned off at perihelion and collision with CMEs, it wont produce a tail, and is likely not visible from the ground from anything less than a 2 meter telescope. You are essentially saying to get a pair of binoculars and look for the MilStar sattelites, and if you dont see them, they arent there.

SOMETHING impacted the planet yesterday at 6 oclock UTM.... it produced a very strange set of seismic activities globally that are normally referred to as a "quake swarm" although to my knowledge, there has never been a swarm recorded that registered so uniformly across the globe.

From looking at the USGS global realtime seismographs, it would appear that something impacted in the southern hemisphere, roughly opposite (within say 15 to 25 degrees) from the Oregon coastline. The timeline indicates that after impact, a compressive shockwave propogated across to the opposite side of the planet, and was conducted through and caused a slight movement in the subduction zone off of the Pacific Northwest. From there, it radiated out along the Moho (mohorovic discontinuity, delineation between the upper mantel and the oceanic crust) and then showed up at later times throughout most of the rest of the world, causing low level seismic activity along most fault zones.

Just guesstimating, I would estimate that in order to cause that kind of seismic displacement, the impactor would likely be between 100-200 meters in diameter, and generate between 5-10 megatons of impact energy. Because the energy would be directionally focused, it would send the majority of the energy into the crust, creating the seismic activity reported by the USGS (which is totally unlike the seismic activity recorded from a surface or subsurface nuclear detonation).

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
if something impacted the planet yesterday, would no agency report it, or at least someone not notice it and be heard of in more than this place. if anything did hit the planet, then it would probably be in the news, since such a trivial thing isn't worthy of media blackout, considering it already happened. i have been to a few sites and didn't find anything about an impact. i am just a skeptic though.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Phoenix,

It appears that if something did hit the planet, it landed in the southern hemisphere, which is comprised of about 3/4 ocean. The likelihood of having an eye witness (or at least an eye witness that would survive) is very small. The only other indicators would be either a seismic reading (which I contend this is), or detection from the US KillSats in orbit.

As I mentioned, I contend that this information indicates a likely impact. Normally, I would expect the geological community to be talking about an event like this, but then, the geological community is generally centered around the USGS, which is run by the same government that owns and runs NASA, who said there was nothing out there in the first place. I find the lack of discussion on this to be rather disconcerting, and of suspision.

As far as the KillSats (a series of sattelites in geosync orbit, specifically designed to look for the light flash, thermal and EMP signatures of nuclear detonations) most likely would have caught such and event. If so, we may eventually learn of this, but not for months at the earliest, esp since we are on a war footing. KillSat data is very sensitive, and needs to be sanitized before release... we are very unlikely to hear about something spotted from orbit on CNN anytime soon.

Speaking of KillSat observation, it has been reported in the past by NORAD that the KillSats routinely monitor high atmospheric detonations of up to megaton yield from meteors that enter the atmosphere and explode. Those that are detected by KillSat are usually 20-30 meters in size, and release between 0.5 to 1 megaton, but they usually blow up above 100,000 feet altitude. NORAD estimates that they record an average of a dozen or so events of this type every year. Several of them have also been reported by airline pilots.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Can you give a reference for the impact and how you know it's an impact and not an ordinary earthquake triggered by tektonic plates slipping around?

The weekly plot doesn't show an earthquake in any unexpected locations (I see Mauna Loa is still shakin')
neic.usgs.gov...

...and nothing in locations that weren't already reported during the 1975-1995 period:
neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is from one of the other threads on this board...

Russia abandons Ice Station Vostok

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the first time, Russia will abandon its base at Vostok in Antarctica because of a lack of fuel and supplies for the coming winter.
Vostok, the most isolated manned research outpost on Earth, was established in 1957. The base sits atop a giant ice-covered lake first identified in the 1970s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Story: news.bbc.co.uk...

With all this talk of something going on with the southern half of earth I thought maybe this is connected somehow. Why, really, are they abandoning it?

www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

Maybe to get people out of the way of something?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Can you give a reference for the impact and how you know it's an impact and not an ordinary earthquake triggered by tektonic plates slipping around? Posted by Byrd

Please scroll back to earlier posts in the last 48 hours, I have already covered this extensively.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Byrd, please review this thread, I have posted answers to your questions already.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Very interesting that this should be released today....

The Chicxulub impact which brought the Cretaceous to a close has been hypothesized for at least twenty years. It was proposed in 1980 by physicist Luis Alvarez and his son Walter Alvarez, a geologist.

The key was the discovery of a 100,000-years-thick layer of iridium in the K-T (Cretaceous-Tertiary) boundary in New Zealand, Denmark, and Italy. Iridium is rare on Earth except near the Earth�s center, but relatively abundant in chondritic meteors (stony meteors with chondrules, spherical blobs of silicates which pre-date planetary formation). A meteoritic origin of this iridium layer seems likely. This layer became known as the iridium anomaly.

Recent (since about 1995) geological searches and evidence such as cenotes in Yucatan, which are explained as shocked limestone -- as well as a mass concentrations (mascon) off the coast of Yucatan are probably the point where the asteroid hit.

Most scientists figure it was about 6 to 15 km in diameter.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i just thought of something. if this was indeed part of neat, then there's something odd up. was neat not supposed to be near earth near may, not march? how would a possible chunk of it hit us so soon? here is what i think. around his time, given the trajectory of neat, and the time it will take to pass us or hit us, it is probably in the neighborhood of venus. now i know not if venus is in a position to affect this, so all of what i'm about to say coult be contradicted by the fact that venus is opposite the sun now.

possibly if when neat bypassed venus, this particular chunk of the comet was affected greatly by the gravity of sun venus and the comet itself. this could easily push the chunk that hit us towards us at a much faster pace. some people call it the slingshot effect and i think that is what hapened if it was a chunk of neat. but then again i don't know much about that stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join