It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat effects at crop circles caused by man made portable microwave device.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think I may have an answer for the heated stalks at crop circles and was wanting your take on the theory. I have seen videos on youtube of people dismantling home microwaves and making powerful heat beam guns.

www.youtube.com...
I believe crop circle hoaxers are using this system to heat stalks at the sites to give the added effect of unnatural phenomena. The method would be, compress the site, then walk through with handheld microwave beam heating stalks. Beam could be powered by a simple generator. A pattern of heating would be chosen for example more passed near the center and fading passes on the outer edges.

howstuffworks.com

In the early 1990s, American biophysicist Dr. William Levengood discovered that crops in circles were damaged much in the same way as plants heated in a microwave oven. He proposed the idea that the crops were being rapidly heated from the inside by some kind of microwave energy.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's a bit of a stretch just to play a joke on somebody.

Might be plausible though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It's a bit of a stretch just to play a joke on somebody.

Hm strange to say that. I though you were used to it. So much people that want appear on TV/Net by playing some jokes and make others believe something it isnt (may not be the case).

About the video, its really what could be used. Shame he doesnt tested it on some plants, like he was doing a crop circle test. Maybee if we request him to do so?
But from what i saw, powerful enough.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

I seen a program where a University Prof. (Girl) challenged her students to make a perfect crop circle. I think that is the first time I seen the microwave gun in use. The students were able to with 2x6's, some rope and a dismantled microwave, replicate a crop circle. I think the burst nodes were the deciding factor for real or hoax determination... The microwave gun was able to replicate this effect but only on a small area. It wasn't a real controlled burst or stream... kinda went everywhere I think.

It was quite the thing to see in action... sparks flying all over... Everyone was standing behind this shield they built...

Anyway, sorry I can't remember the show's name... It was a few years ago, so the microwave technique has been around... Although, I don't think it is the safest device to be playing with. And I also think it was a rather cumbersome device...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You don't even need a portable microwave, the Sun will do it for you.

When crops are standing up straight, they cast shadows on each other. This blocks the majority of the crops from the Sun.

However, when you bend crops over to make a crop circle, the crops no longer are protected by the crops around them, and they are subject to more direct sunlight. Sunlight dries out plants, and crops, and even burns them to an extent and they start to die.

When they bend or break a crop, water has difficulty reaching past the break, and they dry out even faster.

Lengthened nodes are a natural reaction to both heat from the Sun, and being damaged/bent. The crop tries to "upright" itself after it has bent, and the nodes lengthen.

Exploded nodes are caused by someone stepping on the node which then bursts the sides, and they split open. Then when the Sun hits the split nodes, the edges dry out and start to die, and it appears burnt.

All of it is natural reactions by crops, that have been proven time and time again. Any expert on plants and crops will tell you that. Heck I can find 6 plants in my own yard that will react the way I describe above.

There is A LOT of bad science coming from many crop circle researchers, and they jump to conclusions.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Very interesting theory but there is one flaw in that theory. Most crop formations are created at night between the hours of 11:00 to 04:00.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
I believe crop circle hoaxers are using this system to heat stalks at the sites to give the added effect of unnatural phenomena.

Some questions you should perhaps have asked yourself before putting your theory out there:

Why would crop circle makers heat the stalks in the first place? I don't think your 'motive' will impress a lot of people.

Was this technology available in the early 90's, when Levengood and others first established the phenomenon?

Have you ever come across a confirmed crop circle maker admitting to using this technology? Doug and Dave - the famous Lee Harvey Oswalds of Crop Circle making - never said they used it. I've never seen anyone at Crop Circle Maker.com say they use it. So who's using it? Have you ever come across a police report stating that said arrested crop circle maker used a microwave gun to heat the stalks?

Have you got even the slightest indication that your theory could be correct?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
J.Vallee noted in the 1990s that the microwave radiation found in crop circles was because the U.S. SDI space lasers were being deployed & crop circles were their "tests"...getting more complicated & advancing year after year. He points out their proximity to Military bases as a clue as well....Me, well I need an explanation for the large body of videos showing 'plasma' balls moving over crop circles... that is the mystery.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
.Me, well I need an explanation for the large body of videos showing 'plasma' balls moving over crop circles... that is the mystery.

Large body ? You don't mean the Oliver Castle hoax, do you ?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks to eddy_12 for the intelligent post. I saw the same TV program within the past year. The college student plan was to attempt to replicate the burst nodes on grass related plants, wheat & corn. To do so they did use disassembled microwave emitters from common household microwave machine. Part of the experiment involved injecting magnatite (black sand) into the microwave field, hence the flash bang & very dangerious side effect and the need for protective shields, not to mention local fire department standing by. They did get the electromagnetic induced burst nodes that they wanted.
A one time singular effort needing considerable effort, money, crew size, support & use of 110Volt electricty.
Note that crop circles do not exhibit high magnetic and/or metalic residue in the stalks nor inside the circle.
Bottom line ... no way a couple drunk students could create circles, internationally or near their own home town. Sober intellient kids wouldn't even try ... Some laws apply; vandalism. arson, criminal tresspass.
I dont have an answer or even a wild a$$ guess as to WTF is creating circles world wide.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
You don't even need a portable microwave, the Sun will do it for you.

There is A LOT of bad science coming from many crop circle researchers, and they jump to conclusions.

I really don't care to spend much time researching or debunking crop circles. After you watch night vision video of people making them, what's the point.

But what little research I have done into crop circle claims, has confirmed exactly what allisone said, that there is some horrendously bad science coming from crop circle researchers. My guess is that it's partially because no good researchers want to get involved with it, I know I don't.

But the drying out effect of the sun coupled with the broken stalk preventing hydration through capillarity is sufficient to cause heat damage as allisone suggests.

Smokejaguar, regarding the fact that it's done at night, do you think the researchers are there at 7am the next morning after the crop circle was created? If so, then you have a point, that there wouldn't be a chance for sun damage yet and it might take something like a portable heater or this microwave thingy. But I don't think the researchers are there investigating the crop circle in most cases before the sun has had a chance to work on it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Where's the crop circles or a portable microwave device
that you stated.

Good theory Einstein check the local hospitals for any microwave damaged feet and you have the hoax's than you could ask them how long was the extension cord they used.

Zelong.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

It doesn't matter that they are made at night, they are not noticed until it is day time. Most researchers don't even get to the crop circles or even know about the crop circles until a day or more after they are made. When the researchers finally arrive, the crop circles already have the supposed "anomalies".

You would be surprised how fast plants dry out in the Sun. After being damaged, the first 5 hours of sunlight is enough to turn them yellow and brown, and crispy dry.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

It doesn't matter that they are made at night, they are not noticed until it is day time. Most researchers don't even get to the crop circles or even know about the crop circles until a day or more after they are made. When the researchers finally arrive, the crop circles already have the supposed "anomalies".

You would be surprised how fast plants dry out in the Sun. After being damaged, the first 5 hours of sunlight is enough to turn them yellow and brown, and crispy dry.

No-one knows about these Crop Circles until the people who run the local Air Planes tell people/News about them!
Than its called "Paydirt".

Zelong.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
1. then explain this:
www.nextnature.net...

2. and this:
www.youtube.com...

please and thank you.

top topics

join