It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titan the robot - are we witnessing the dawn of the age of the robots ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
yesterday, as i was rooster for manning my organization's booth in GITEX , which is the annual event in Dubai to display the latest technologies, i witness a live demo of this robot.
it was interesting and fun and yet scary, because suddenly it hits me that the terminator scenario is not that impossible after all..

The Terminator Scenario

if the video is not showing, follow this url Titan the Robot : GITEX 2009

the next step is to add AIs into robots and that will bring about this scenario.
but then when i did a search as my friend were telling me about Titan the Robot is what i have saw is created by cyberstein robot.

though this is created for entertainment, but the fact is that we are able to create robots like these means there is no stopping us to embed AI into these machines.

thoughts guys ??

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think that robot was more of a show off type. I am sure it couldn't function that well in a combat scenario.

It is still scary though. If they steadily improve the design and improve the CPU we could be in a terminator type situation. It is still unlikely though. We'll likely all be blown to bits by that time.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder why it has to look like some sort of battle-bot from a big budget hollywood flick. Why can't it be more like wall-e instead of robocop Z?

still very cool

[edit on 10/19/09 by CSquared288]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
cool stuff heres a better video

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i agree, but the thoughts are still scary
, they can make a more feminine version and perhaps then i might think otherwise

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

You must keep in mind these ROBOTS can be destroyed and rendered usless with a little E.M.P. SO DONT MIND IT too much MANKIND IS moving to fast w/o out understanding the full potential of creating robots -see alll the negative stuff people fear is to happen is because of these types of technological advances- EATING FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE WILL DO THIS

[edit on 10/19/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

niceeee...thanks Optimus Prime

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
seems its a big leap in robotics interesting to see whats next

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
er,nice robot SUIT,notice how he doesnt raise is arms,still nice job.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think you guys have been had. Titan the Robot is a costume, worn by an actor to perform for trade shows, street festivals, and even Bahmitzphas. From their website.

www.cyberstein.co.uk...

If you trust Wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

And a few others.

www.timesonline.co.uk...
web.archive.org...://www.newsubstance-artists.co.uk/site/page_do--artist/artistID--59/CybersteinandTitan.html

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by affeyee
i agree, but the thoughts are still scary
, they can make a more feminine version and perhaps then i might think otherwise

I believe you are refering to the early 80's movie Cherry 2000...?

But you bring up an interesting point (as did others in this post) why does it always look masculine or combat ready...?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

yupyup i read this as well, but when i look at the costume, i try to figure how a human can fit inside?

and to there is a lady who stand besides me started screaming when he walks over and when she did that, it did gives me a creep. imagine if this is for real..man!! that is scary dont you think ?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

either way the exoskeleton is sweet the military have been working on robotic exo's for a while

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

perhaps someone or some organization is using this to condition us ?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
and perhaps this is the next step?
The Future of AI

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sarcos' military exoskeleton

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
alrite people, is time to hit the sack for me, will log in again tmr morning
adios

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by affeyee
reply to post by Jkd Up

perhaps someone or some organization is using this to condition us ?

It would be obvious... But I highly doubt that is the case. Majority of the breakthroughs we see are sponsored by military, so I doubt it's conditioning as much as the military spending more money to find out how to solve unsolvable problems.

I remember Popular Mechanics ranting about the robots that are used for Bomb Squads and how they could usher in the age of the robot to serve man. But last I checked... They are still only used in Bomb Squads.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You know if a terminator like scenario were to come about...as long as Christian Bale and I were the last humans in a rebel alliance against the machines and had to repopulate the world I say carry on robots

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sorry, but its definitely a man in a robot suit. As was said before, the arms never raise, and you can see the black sleeves the mans arms go through. Also, at what would be head height, there is a mirror-like window on the robots chest so the man inside can see out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join