It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House boasts: We 'control' news media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oh, and regardless of what you think of the OP's video ... it remains a fact that the mass media is controlled by TPTB ... and THAT, I think, is really the essence of this thread ... no?

Edited for grammar.

[edit on 20/10/2009 by Psyagra]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Wow,

I saw this earlier and I just could get over how bold they are becoming.

Did this lady forget about the internet or is she just so arrogant.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Man I'd love to smack that disgusting grin off her face, it was so boring hearing her speak, my goodness.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh for heaven's sake, she said they "controlled" the message to the press, not the press itself. But that's not nearly as fun to talk about is it?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by sos37

Oh! We do love Obama! Are you sure you don't want to join our club? We have a clubhouse, code names, Obama posters, kool-aid, unicorns and rose colored glasses for all! Yay! Rainbows!

The TRUTH is, I (as well as my thinking friends you have mentioned) have all criticized Obama plenty of times. So, your charges are completely false. Delusional. We just don't belong to the "Whatever Obama does, he's wrong and bad" club.

I take each issue and look at it objectively. You should try it.

We've now seen you and the others mentioned post a couple times how you're not just here to be shills for obama and how you've all criticized obama for something. Not sure about anyone else, but the TRUTH is that I still don't recall any of you actually doing it.

To show me just how "wrong" I am, why don't you each respond with a (short) list of your obama criticisms. Will we see anything concrete from you, or will your "criticisms" of obama be that he's just not being liberal enough for you?

As for the media, when the media has pretty much been in lock step (goose step?) with obama since he started running, and the administration asks the MSM to join it in trying to destroy Fox News, there is really no question that here in American we have finally sunk to the level of having state controlled media.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
I must remark that I can never tell whether the OP failed to comprehend the source material, chose not to review the source material themselves in favor of running with someone else's 'interpretation', or is deliberately misleading others who have not reviewed the source material.

I don't know which it is either, but once the source is clarified, if people continue to be willfully ignorant, the motive becomes clear. Truth doesn't matter, facts are irrelevant, and all that's important is feeding the lie.

Regardless of the reason, I just feel very strongly (as I'm sure you do as well) that this sort of thing is very damaging to the political discourse because it jars the discussion into a debate about red herrings.

I absolutely agree. It's downright damaging to ATS. I recently suggested just that in a letter to a friend here. Willful ignorance is the enemy of what ATS is supposed to be.

Isn't it enough to criticize the administration for allowing their representatives to malign corporations that make their money on newstainment? That's a fair criticism we can all "bite down on", in my mind. Why do we need manufactured headlines touting deceptive summaries of bland dialogues to be outraged at, too?

Yes. I started a thread about Goldman Sach's influence on this administration and it died a lonely death. The subject, while true and dangerous in my opinion, just isn't dramatic, sensational and "sexy" enough for ATS members, it seems.

Originally posted by centurion1211
To show me just how "wrong" I am, why don't you each respond with a (short) list of your obama criticisms.

Here's how WRONG you are:

Goldman Sach's Governmental Influence
I disagree with him on:
firearm ownership
hiring of lobbyists
the bank bailout
gay marriage
corporate support
continuance of the Patriot act
continuance of the Department of Homeland Security
the willingness to abandon a public option in health insurance reform.

He's not doing enough to bring the insurance industry under control.
I disagree with the escalation of Afghanistan with no clear end in sight.
He's not doing enough to get us out of Iraq.
I disagree with his continued insistence that he have bipartisanship. I agree with the idea of bipartisanship, but he's being terribly stubborn (IMO) in insisting that it happen, when it's clear that Republicans have no interest in it, and in fact are devoted to making him fail.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. Yes some of those are "he's not liberal enough". Nevertheless, they are still criticisms that I have voiced on this board at one time or another and you have ignored.

Put me on your little list if you want. It wouldn't be the first time you were dead wrong.

here in American we have finally sunk to the level of having state controlled media.

:shk: I see you didn't understand the OP either. Not a surprise, really.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Put me on your little list if you want. It wouldn't be the first time you were dead wrong.

Dead wrong?

Quite the contrary. I just got you to post a list of criticisms for obama, which must have been very difficult for you to do. Hold still, now, your strings are getting tangled.

Now, how about the others?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I just got you to post a list of criticisms for obama, which must have been very difficult for you to do.

Wrong again. It wasn't difficult at all. I have held these views for some time. As I said, it was off the top of my head. Very easy to do. You didn't get me to do anything. You asked for something that I have ALREADY provided and I was kind enough to repeat myself.

Your perception of me is wrong. Admit it. Or go on denying it, I don't care. You're making a fool of yourself calling people out like this and continuing to take this thread off topic, making it about personal issues with other members. I knew sos's post here would cause an onslaught of personal discussions about members and predictably, you were the one to push it.

This is my last off topic post in this thread. If you wish to discuss something about my personal views, either U2U me or start a thread about it.

You were wrong and you're not even big enough to man up. :shk:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

OK, for your next list, go to this thread and let us all know which of these items/issues you would have given Bush a pass on?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
I do not understand how people can say "well other admins did it too"
Is'nt that contradicting the very essence of what was to be expected by this administration?
So let me get this straight. We could'nt wait to get Bush out, but the guy you have so much promise for has a free pass to do the same stuff?

I'll start printing shirts for you guys ok... how about

"Can I Have My Vote Back?"

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Mailman]

FINALLY! Someone that gets why this thread was started in the first place. Sure, we all know that political parties from both sides endeavored to control what the public saw from the media and wanted to control public opinion through the media.

But this administration was different - or they were supposed to be. This administration took half of America, built off the hate for the Bush administration and the Republican party, riled up America to no end and promised to change the face of politics as we know it. The promised CHANGE. TRANSPARENCY.

My point is you typical Obama defenders like the people I mentioned before, BH, Grover, Hunka, SG, etc. you all FAIL EVERY SINGLE time to admit one simple fact - "yes, this administration WAS supposed to be different". But you never do. You go right on finding reasons to support Obama even though you and millions of other Americans have been duped by marketing, as Hunka put it. Obama marketed himself on hate, fear and desperation. And it worked, beautifully. You bought into it like sheep.

And what are you getting out of the administration that promised "Change you can believe in"? This is my whole point in posting headlines like these - not to try and control headlines myself. I couldn't care less about that crap. If you see anything out of this post and others it's that THIS ADMINISTRATION LIED WHEN THEY HAD MORE THAN HALF OF AMERICA BELIEVING THEY WERE GOING TO BE DIFFERENT. And anyone willing to give them a free pass on that is just WRONG.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Two words:

Manufacturing Consent.

See it.

Read it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You were wrong and you're not even big enough to man up. :shk:

Maybe he was wrong about you. Personally I think he's right on the mark and you're nothing but a shill for Obama.

But you have also proven you aren't human enough to admit when you are wrong. And about Obama running a different administration - YOU WERE WRONG.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Wait you're saying it's "human" to admit when you are wrong

I guess most humans are not humans.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Centurion...

I U2ed you my list a week or so when you last put out this challenge.
I am still waiting for your list of the President's positions or iniative's that you agree with.

You haven't won some victory with BH by asking her to post a summary of positions that she disagrees with the president about. I have seen her voice these opposing opinions repeatedly on these threads in the past.

I know it is hard to believe but from what I have read of BH's postings...they orignate from a respect for the truth and an effort to be objective when examining these issues.

I suppose those wearing colored glasses might not notice those posts though.

Bravo BH....Centurion...where is your list? Prove yourself to be as equally objective and honest.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I was surprised to see how many people used this excuse, here and on other issues.

I suppose most Presidents don't keep their campaign face on once elected, but it seems people are eager to overlook these shortcomings.
Somthing that I don't think should be going on with this admin.

We were fed up before, but now the same behavior is acceptable. What happened?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Mailman]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great Post!

Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable. Straight forward admitting to control the output data fed to the population. This is pure control and total illusion not only to you americans but to the rest of the world.

Wow. To admit you control the media and all the information release raises concerns to me, like:

- 9/11 - I always said the only way they could fool the entire world and everyone that was there was by a form of brainwash inducted by fear but the only way to get that fear out to the public is media and the repetitons of Terrorist and all the be-headed images they showed you all. Good example building 7 just came down ... are you so sure ... look behind you ... Do you even know what you are reporting on or are you just puppets like all the rest of us.

- Iraq/Afghanistan - Lets get the guys that got the chemicals. They could attack us in the future never know, maybe Saddam know Osama. Lets get the guys called Talibans for being so inhuman and funding terrorists, harboring them and training them for Ossama. How did we learn about all of this. How did they get your familly to accept that you go out there and maybe die for your country. Because they made your entire famillies believe you were doing it for them when really your were for the USSA administration and their own personal agenda. Because they lied and no chemicals were found, no real terrorist were found in afghanistan, they were the same guys that help USSA during the little war they had with the USSR, remember?

- H1N1 - Do you start to see a trend here. Fear again outputted by the media. How would you know its so deadly if you never seen it, touched it or heard of it before. Why be scared right? They keep telling us to take the vaccines or you will be ill and maybe die. More fear for us. Let all line up for our shot now

I cant believe everyone is sleeping and some can even try to make it look like if it was nothing. Its totally outrageous to be led by goverments that takes us all for expandable labour as long as their own are safe.

These lies are every where and in every goverment in the world. Alot of people die and suffer because of those lies but no one seems to see or care. Some are so powerfull they make entire countries follow them in their lies and not only do they send their own children but makes us send ours there too.

As per Fox being the good guy lololol come on people. An other distraction to take your focus away. Can you now see the trend here? Not Yet

Fear No One, Trust No One

[edit on 20-10-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One of the things that the administration has accomplished with this attack on FOXNews, and the comment about control of the message to the media, is the successful DIVERSION from the issues that are really critical, such as Health Care, Afghanistan, re-emergence of a hostile Russia, the Deficit, the financial crisis, the housing situation, and on and on.
I wonder if this is intentional. When things aren't going their way, what better way to take the heat off, than discuss a rather ridiculous situation. Of course, there is also the "Balloon Boy" to discuss, if the heat on health care really reaches the boiling point.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead This should be no surprise to the people on ATS. The whitehouse controls everything that is reported in the news media these days. There is one rogue media outlet that they are trying to get under control. Fox News. Fox News will not play their game and the Obama administration is on the offensive to try to bring them down. Never before in my life have I ever heard of the federal government trying to silence a news station that is critical of them. It really says alot about how much they are worried about the real truth getting out instead of the controlled spin on the issues coming out of the Whitehouse. Unbelievable times we live in.

"Unbelievable the times we live in?" Yes, unbelievable that in these times there exists people who think Fox is "rogue" and that somehow Fox's knack at playing the government's game can be interpreted as "refusing" to play the government's game.

To think that Obama has any ability to make independent decisions or that he is somehow detached from the rest of the power hitters who run this country is naive. To think Fox News is any kind of media source other than the kind you tune into when you want to have your brain f'd with is hilarious at best.

These clowns are all working for each other, toward any number of goals, on any given day. Too many people are still seeing Obama as this guy who took office with a goal of singehandedly trying to cage the Americans so he can rule as an emperor. Laughable. Everyone holding the office of president these past few elections has been the same. They use the two political parties to keep feeding the bickering in America, when long ago, they themselves put those issues to bed. They all work together to defeat us, and it's time for us to realize this and do the same if we are going to keep America as we know it.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by centurion1211

Centurion...

I U2ed you my list a week or so when you last put out this challenge.
I am still waiting for your list of the President's positions or iniative's that you agree with.

You haven't won some victory with BH by asking her to post a summary of positions that she disagrees with the president about. I have seen her voice these opposing opinions repeatedly on these threads in the past.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by maybereal11]

I'm calling your bluff. How about you link a few since you're the one defending BH - they sure seem to be few and far between now that you bring it up.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But I've not seen BH post nary a derogatory word toward the current administration EXCEPT when Obama voted for FISA. She said she was disappointed with his vote. But that was also during the campaign.

Links, or it didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Some folks that voted for Obama are big enough to admit that they were duped into voting for him and admit they feel betrayed. I've counted at least three people posting such here on ATS. There's no shame in that and it's completely respectable.

THAT is honesty and reflective of how many Americans feel right now.

But then you have the "other" crowd of the people I've named here on ATS, to name just a few, who couldn't admit that they were wrong even if their error were staring them in the face. It's like asking them to sever their own arm. They just aren't capable of admitting any wrongdoing or taking responsibility for their own actions - and they desperately, DESPERATELY, justify their candidate's behavior no matter how vile or reprehensible it becomes.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by sos37]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join