White House boasts: We 'control' news media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Its hard to take a persons opinion on the dis-illusion of the media when their avatar picture is taken out of context. We all hopefully have seen that full video and it is clear Obama is not checking out that girl just a trick photograph. Yet you use it to potray your opinion of him, and condem the media for doing the same thing. I know i know im a crazy Obama supporter, im not, not even American, in fact dont really like the guy, but i dont like manipulators more.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

This is in reply to your signature line:
"Someone who does not support our troops likely does not deserve any of the freedoms that they are given by our troops."

How old are you? Are you an American citizen? Do you live in the United States? Have you ever read the Constitution or the writings of the founding fathers? Are you serious? You believe that our freedoms are "given" by the military?

Perhaps "SOS" truly is an apt moniker for you. You need it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Well if you are advocating for common sense and as you yourself admitt this is probably not the most honest or sensible approach then...???

I'm sorry, but I have read that 5 times now and it still makes no sense to me, elaborate please?

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It would seem you are advocating for not using common sense in urging people to accept this dishonest and disengenuous practice.

I never urged people to accept this, you keep reading things in my posts that simply aren't there.
I never said this was a good thing. I'm just saying that the sudden outrage seems very contrived & sudden.

As long as you have a media ruled by private interests & market economics and as long as politics are ruled by those same forces, this sort of thing will happen.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by MrVertigo]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Interesting, because the only thing this lady is saying is that they did what they could internally via their MESSAGING to ensure that when the media came a knockin... they focused on WHAT WAS ACTUALLY BEING SAID as opposed to tactics and why it's being said.

This is no different from the work of any publicist when dealing with the media....

In any situation, either the media drives the story, or you drive the media, it doesn't matter who you are... sports personality, movie celeb, or politician running for office... the first rule is YOU MUST CONTROL THE MEDIA... not the other way around...

This is FAR... FAR from anything that you are insinuating...

Frankly I'm surprised you don't understand it either...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Notice, people, the word "CONTROL" is the only word in quotes in the headline. This is a CLEAR sign that a quote is being taken out of context and being used to make news where there is none.
If you want the truth, you'll do the work. If you want to simply bash the administration, you'll take the OP at face value without looking further. Your choice.

Wow, and the Obama administration apologists never cease to amaze me...

And your inability to understand basic market messaging strategies and the terms used within it completely baffles me...

Everything she said is textbook marketing. If you don't control the message, and by that token the media, then you suck as a public affairs professional PERIOD.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
1) wnd = autofail in the same way huffington post = autofail

2) absolutely right, and I have no doubt what she is talking about is true...however, you might want to listen again not for keywords but to the subject.

Discussion of the campaign trail, everyone controls the media and what their message is. you wanted a candidate for presidency to discuss all their strategys beforehand with the media so that the other side knows what they will be bringing up? What world do you live on?

when you play cards, do you make sure everyone around the table knows what your hand is and what your going to do? its a bloody contest and yes, using the media to make you shine and not see your warts during such a time is what they do...and its up to the other side and their control of their media wing to try to show the competitors warts while not showing your own.

welcome to earth politics.

but whatever...they got juicy keywords in there

can a mod shove this tripe into the political madness section next to "Obama shaves every morning....with chinese razors!" or is breaking political news dedicated to learning how campaigning works during election years?

seriously...whats wrong with some of you..are you just now waking up to how elections work? Where were you in 04, 00, etc...you should have seen the nonsense that went on in those years.

Maybe you would like a better news source:
White House aide says Barack Obama team 'controlled' the media
That's a report from the Telegraph.

This may me common place in today's political world, but that does not mean that any control of media by government should be seen as acceptable.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think this topic has already been covered. You might want to look on the home page to verify this.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, Anita Dunn DID use the words "control" and "making" but you'll need to listen to the video or find the complete quotes in context to see what she actually said.

I'm know this might shock you, but I think I actually agree with you on this one. Read this article on the video and then watch the video.

I can't say that I disagree with the President's policy of circumventing the media. [edit on 19-10-2009 by dbates]

Yes. I third that. This qoute is being spun as "controlling" the media ...
But anyone who actually reads this has to understand that Anita Dunn discusses "circumventing" the media...

How can you control something you are circumventing?

She discusses strategy for getting the actual message/speech/policy position out intact rather than the news media's edited "interpretation" or spin.

The goal of those creating the press release should be to get the release conveyed to the end consumer and fully articulated without it becomming fluff and spin or reduced/edited context by the news organizations.

From there the end news consumer is welcome to be critical as is the news media...but direct-to-consumer is a great model for news..and affords the average joe a chance to make up his own mind and to have the full speech/message/position etc. to examine.

Strange that this is essentailly an OP endorsing the media's right to hold "power", spin and interpret the news for us.

But then again it is WND...distraction and spin....

[edit on 19-10-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
I can't get over the OUTRAGE!
I mean, the Bush administration never manipulated the media, right?

WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news to y'all, but media manipulation is nothing new to this country.

It's only the outrage from the right that's new.

The question to you is, are you OK with having state controlled media in the U.S. - whichever side does it?

Some of us here would rather neither side used state controlled media.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I'm know this might shock you, but I think I actually agree with you on this one.

Doesn't shock me a bit.
I agree with you sometimes, too. Thanks for the article. From there:

But whenever possible, he is routing around the filters and gatekeepers so that he can speak directly to voters.

It is a classic disintermediation approach.

The campaign events, speeches and clips are targeted to reach the voting public and bypass media framing.

I wish more presidents did this! I wish they took control of what got to the public instead of giving it to the MSM to massage and put their spin on. I think it's a great way to get the message to the people without the intermediary of the biased MSM, which we all know we cannot trust.

So, upon further investigation of the CONTEXT of the OP, I agree with her and the Obama campaign completely!

Breaking news? Someone's getting desperate for news!
This is 10 months old!

I just realized that if Obama is reported on by the media, it's said to be "biased and untrustworthy"... But if he speaks directly to the public, without the influence of the biased MSM, he's "controlling the media".
I guess some people would only be happy if he completely shut his mouth and did nothing at all. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It should be a simple and accepted fact by now that Obama, his administration and all the liberals are forcing their agenda through control and manipulation. They are liars and shoving things down our throats and laughing as we swallow their crap. Now, I'm not saying that this is anything different than any previous administration...but...it is not "change" and it is not becoming of "the savior Obama". It is typical, political domination through repeated assaults upon anyone, any group and any organization who voices opposition.

The message is simple..."shut up and let us run the country. You are stupid and powerless sheep." Please remember...we ALWAYS NEED OPPOSING VIEWS! It keeps us free and them (more) honest.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Just as all of the conservatives are trying to push their agenda through control & manipulation only they are currently not as successful.

That is the only significant difference.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wanted to add this for all that (due to tunnel vision?) only want to trash Fox News ...

It's ALL state controlled media - something we all grew up thinking only happened under dictatorships.

New Barack Channel (NBC)
Another Barack Channel (ABC)
Main Stream New Barack Channel (MSNBC)

and of course the old standby ...

Communist News Network (CNN)

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
reply to post by sos37

This is in reply to your signature line:
"Someone who does not support our troops likely does not deserve any of the freedoms that they are given by our troops."

How old are you? Are you an American citizen? Do you live in the United States? Have you ever read the Constitution or the writings of the founding fathers? Are you serious? You believe that our freedoms are "given" by the military?

Perhaps "SOS" truly is an apt moniker for you. You need it.

Are you serious about any of that crap you just yakked up? You, me, everyone in the country that isn't a soldier owes our military men and women a big debt of gratitude, pal. Our freedoms that you obviously take for granted came at the cost of THEIR lives.

Go blow your hateful anti-military trash elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
This should be evidence to anyone that there is, in fact, a "liberal media" in place to put spin on events and news in favor of the current administration.

This should be a red flag to everyone out there that what you're hearing about Health Care reform, illegal immigration, global warming, hell, ANYTHING, is what they want you to hear!

Still in denial? You need to pull your head out.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by sos37]

You need to pull your head out and accept that this is not about the "current administration". This has been going on for decades.

Why do you think you're never told about the oil companies being sued by thousands of people for massive destruction of land and environment? Why are you never told about the thousands of people in various countries poisoned by a major drink brands factories? Why are you never told about the medical companies making billions of $ through immoral practices?

I'll tell you why...

Because your media is owned and operated by the wealthiest people in the world, just as your government (Dem. or Rep.). They'll tell you what they want you to know and nothing else.

These are the same people who own the Federal Reserve, the Bank of England, and all the other central Banks around the world.

It's really not hard to work out. Find the wealthiest people on Earth, and there you have the culprits of the greatest crimes committed against humanity. There you have the people controlling everything you hear, see, eat, drink...

I'm not talking about a NWO, I'm talking about basic greed and lust for power. This doesn't need to be spread over centuries, it's happening now and these people are in such positions through birth, they're simply continuing the greed, control and corruption for their own desires.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Aah! The Acronym Avenger strikes again!

I don't disagree that the networks you mentioned are unreliable, any mainstream news outlet is, in my opinion.

The thing that gets me is that so many people on here suddenly seem to think that Fox is the champion of truth, liberty & the American way, when they are proven liars & the instrument of Rupert Murdoch & the Bush administration.
I think that's why so many people here are after Fox

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The story is timely in the fact that his administration is currently "waging war" on Fox News simply because they don't like the facts that Fox News keeps reporting daily. Remember, this was the president who espoused to a very gullible many Americans that he would run a "transparent" administration. He was going to be the better president - the different president - the change you could believe in.

Don't you find it odd that the White House is personally taking umbrage with a news agency instead of ignoring them? Giving them attention only makes the problem worse. Why would Obama do such a thing - unless the things Fox is presenting tend to be more factual than not and Obama's parade would rather sweep his crap under the rug than show it to the world?

Is this what you call transparency? Is this the "better president", the "Change we can believe in", the "Yes we can"-president can do - try to strong-arm news agencies that they cannot control?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Actually this is just proof to those out there who insist that "there is no such thing as a liberal media" - and there are plenty of them here on ATS. I remember seeing them posting during the campaign.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

[snip]
i have to laugh so very hard as the reality of the executive branch has total control, whether it was the bush or the obama administration. bet your still waiting for that change that you can beleive in?

thanks for the post. the u.s is getting closer to nazi germany ever day!

removed personal attack

[edit on 19/10/09 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
There is one rogue media outlet that they are trying to get under control. Fox News.

Oh dear. You actually believe Fox News isn't a powerhouse propaganda outlet for the powermonger elite. Their primary way of conquering us is by diving us into 2 camps. The more polarized we are the better for them, and they use the media in particular to do it.

Fox News will not play their game and the Obama administration is on the offensive to try to bring them down.

Never before in my life have I ever heard of the federal government trying to silence a news station that is critical of them.

What about during the Bush years? Werent you around. Dick Cheney for one threatened terrorist attacks and world war if the media wouldnt stop reporting about all the civil liberty abuses they were perpetrating, etc. And the FBI was spying on reporters critical of the admin, they even publicly apologized for some of the cases that were over the top.

Now the coin has flipped and who's turn it is to attack has flipped with who defends. The polarizing propaganda is off the rictor, as it will always increase the closer we get to total totalitarianism. Bush did all his nasties and now we've all forgetton about that laundy list as the Dem's are now in there implementing their side of it.

Rush Limbaugh says everytime I listen about the State Controlled Media. He's right, but it didnt begin under Obama. For all of the valid criticisms you'll hear from the Right talk shows etc, about the only thing Obama has changed or done differently than Bush would have is the health care thing, and more green rhetoric.

I listen to the right wing talkshow people quite often and they are right about the left, just like the left was right about Bush. Everyone -on a side- is about half right, and have abysmally wrong. And as I expected, it was the right I'd have to turn to to keep up on the latest dirt and truths on Obama, just as I was 'allied' with the left during the last Bush years. Now the left are just as insane as those Bush worshippers ever were.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join