It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House boasts: We 'control' news media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is typical of the "We love Obama no matter what" crowd - you, Benevolent Heretic, Southern Guardian, Grover, etc.

You will see ONLY what you want to see even when the truth is right in front of you. Obama could be the aggressor in starting a nuclear holocaust that wipes out hundreds of millions and you guys would give him a pass because you would find some way to justify it.

There's no sense trying to make you four or any like you see any sort of common sense or reason when it comes to the current administration so I won't waste the time. The video is clear in what it says. Spots are spots and lines are lines no matter what you want them to be.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Are you serious about any of that crap you just yakked up? You, me, everyone in the country that isn't a soldier owes our military men and women a big debt of gratitude, pal. Our freedoms that you obviously take for granted came at the cost of THEIR lives.

Do you seriously believe that the soldiers dying in Iraq are defending YOUR freedoms?

Can you even name the last war or skirmish that had anything to do with YOUR freedoms or those of ANYONE you know?

The troops are pawns of the imperialist oligarchs who use them as cannon fodder in their pursuits of hegemonic global dominance and exploitation. The troops ARE instruments related to 'freedom', but not the freedoms you picture (I hope). The "freedom" the elite and the politicians and the media speak of is the 'freedom' to dominate, exploit, overthrow, plunder, destablize, pillage, and even rape.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are you serious about any of that crap you just yakked up? You, me, everyone in the country that isn't a soldier owes our military men and women a big debt of gratitude, pal. Our freedoms that you obviously take for granted came at the cost of THEIR lives.

Do you seriously believe that the soldiers dying in Iraq are defending YOUR freedoms?

Can you even name the last war or skirmish that had anything to do with YOUR freedoms or those of ANYONE you know?

The troops are pawns of the imperialist oligarchs who use them as cannon fodder in their pursuits of hegemonic global dominance and exploitation. The troops ARE instruments related to 'freedom', but not the freedoms you picture (I hope). The "freedom" the elite and the politicians and the media speak of is the 'freedom' to dominate, exploit, overthrow, plunder, destablize, pillage, and even rape.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

Most troops sign up to the Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy at what - 19, 20, 20 something... do you think those kids know what "pawns of the imperialist oligarchs" even means? Do you think they have any clue past what they learned in high school and maybe what they learned about on the internet?

Lots of those kids get into the military because they have family members who did it. Some need the benefits, some want the training the military offers, still others want to serve their country. But I guarantee you, NOT A ONE of the people that goes to enlist does so with the intention of LIMITING THE FREEDOMS DEFINED IN THIS NATIONS CONSTITUTION, or becoming a pawn "of the imperialist oligarchs".

Regardless of the people calling the shots behind the big, thick steel closed doors underground somewhere, these are kids, men, women off in other countries, witnessing horrors, fighting, dying, saving lives, doing good works and deeds and making a difference in the world.

And while it's true that the media would love for you all to think that our troops are a bunch of kill-happy thugs raised by wolves, I absolutely GUARANTEE you that our troops are over in other areas of the world doing more GOOD than harm. I wholeheartedley believe and know this and I salute each and every one of them.

Whatever problem you have with the people calling the shots, leave the "pawns" out of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah...well ever since the inception fo the FCC the white house has controlled the media.

duh and so what?

Obama is 100x more present in the face of the camera and in front of unscripted questions than the last president was by a country mile.

what's with all the GOP right wing shills in here lately anyway? lol

not that left wing silly peoples are any less irritating, but still, I am reading all this anti-american stuff and I don't know why.

Not a stitch of it pans out and as soon as one story is shown to be a load of horse hockey another lame-o nonsensical diatribe of accusatory bilge is released.

yeeshx10

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Oh! We do love Obama! Are you sure you don't want to join our club? We have a clubhouse, code names, Obama posters, kool-aid, unicorns and rose colored glasses for all! Yay! Rainbows!

The TRUTH is, I (as well as my thinking friends you have mentioned) have all criticized Obama plenty of times. So, your charges are completely false. Delusional. We just don't belong to the "Whatever Obama does, he's wrong and bad" club.

I take each issue and look at it objectively. You should try it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

This is typical of the "We love Obama no matter what" crowd - you, Benevolent Heretic, Southern Guardian, Grover, etc.

And this is typical of anyone not able to defend their OP that reeks of BS...
Don't respond to questions, facts or logic...just get personal...dismiss those that question it as fanatical....insult...derail...deflect.

You will see ONLY what you want to see even when the truth is right in front of you.

The video is clear in what it says.

Yes and what it discusses is controlling the message, not the press....thus the part where she says exactly that in bold below.

We just put that out there and make them write what Plouffe had said -- as opposed to Plouffe doing an interview with a reporter. So it was very much we controlled it, as opposed to the press controlled it.

If the "it" in this sentence was the "press" then the "as opposed to the press" part that immediately follows it makes no sense.

She is not talking about controlling the press. She is talking about circumventing them and making sure that a speech or message goes directly to the end-consumer (us)....and considering what the press does to the average news story who can blame her.

Let people make up their OWN MIND...form their OWN OPINIONS...from the ACTUAL SPEECH/POSITION PIECE/PRESS RELEASE....rather than some talking head spinning it for ratings!
They can spin it all they want after it is released (unedited)

Now back to your regular personal slams and political baiting...
...Truth and facts are over-rated anyways, right?

WND starts every article with the assumption that the reader is lazy, dumb and easily manipulated. Their style of journalism is offensive for that reason...all politics aside.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I took you out of ignore to see what you had to say about me when I wasn't around and per usual its all assumptions and attitude and wrong.

I have criticized Obama quite a bit and plan on doing more.

Back into ignore you go where you belong.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wonderful, even in my absence I am still present to some members.

reply to post by sos37

Hello sos, I must say I find it rather ironic. For all the talk about how bad the media is, and how the whitehouse wishes to control the media, you go right ahead and take out more garbage from WND, a website that wants you to buy their rightwing controlled media.

But yes, thankyou again for posting us a whole 9 minute video and not actually point to us out where she actually said what she said. But yes, her comments were regarding the agreements she held with certain media outlets in which Obama will only agree to appears on certain circumstances, whether it be live or whether it be a certain length. There were no actual controlling the media, there was an agreement to how certain media outlets would interview or display Obama, or else they would not recieve any deal with the Obama campaign.

She said

"we didnt go to media outlets unless we absolutly controlled it. We didnt go to a news interview unless it was live"

It doesnt matter who you are if dont wish your message to be twisted by the media you have more control going on it live.

She never meant actually controlling the media, she clearly stated when the circumstances were more to their control. But yes you have WND monkeys sitting on their butts all day searching for everything and anything to throw at anybody not to their taste.

Apparently there is this fear that the obama administration wishes to control the media but with tools continously referencing WND and making comments like this:

I can't stand this woman.
I like Glenn Beck and everyone at
Fox News Channel.
They call it like it is.

www.youtube.com...

who needs the whitehouse controlling the media in any case??

SG

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Rhetoric
I can't get over the OUTRAGE!
I mean, the Bush administration never manipulated the media, right?

WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD,WMD.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news to y'all, but media manipulation is nothing new to this country.

It's only the outrage from the right that's new.

The question to you is, are you OK with having state controlled media in the U.S. - whichever side does it?

Some of us here would rather neither side used state controlled media.

This isn't about state controlled media! Did you even watch the video? It's about controlling your message and that's it. People need to wake up and understand that marketing professionals are paid everywhere to control the message, and thus the media.

This doesn't mean the media is their puppet... far from it, unless they are just really good at messaging...

Geesh!

indeed

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

You will see ONLY what you want to see even when the truth is right in front of you.

I've worked in Marketing pal... this isn't about political ideology... it's MARKETING 101... where your goal is to completely control what others say about you... THROUGH MESSAGING... not through ownership of the media.

While I worked for the Marketing VP of a software firm a couple years back, I spent everyday trying to figure out how to best CONTROL the market via MESSAGING. Many times that included attempts to CONTROL the MEDIA. Let me tell you how it's done.

Step 1. The Press Release

This is written as a news article. It is in fact simply a marketing ploy. It's what most ATS'rs, including you, do on their first post. They critique it to ensure it cannot be misunderstood in or misinterpreted from (hopefully) an intellectually honest perspective.

Sometimes though, messages are released against a competitor which distort their opponents messaging in the public eye.

Step 2. Reiteration

You go to shows, and give talks... constantly reiterating the key points like a mantra. Using every opportunity to drive the discussion back to your key selling points.

Wake up and smell the mundanity of this video you have posted

Obama could be the aggressor in starting a nuclear holocaust that wipes out hundreds of millions and you guys would give him a pass because you would find some way to justify it.

As I mentioned... This isn't some way of justifying anything... it's simply stating simple marketing practices which are used to CONTROL the media everyday by anyone who is in the public eye.

There's no sense trying to make you four or any like you see any sort of common sense or reason when it comes to the current administration

Well evidently, this seems to be you speaking into a mirror... as it's only those who are at a loss of common sense to see this video as anything more than a PR Consultant patting herself on the back for doing a great job at controlling the message.

so I won't waste the time. The video is clear in what it says. Spots are spots and lines are lines no matter what you want them to be.

It sure is clear... you can go to any convention on marketing and hear the exact same thing from thousands of people.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing the irony here. A thread, claiming that the Obama campaign was "controlling the media" is actually making an attempt to control the media.

The truth of the story is being suppressed, ignored and denied in favor of a "controlled" and inaccurate version of the story, which is being put forth as the truth. Oh, the irony!

It's pretty funny! The OP is doing what he's falsely accusing the Obama campaign of doing.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing the irony here. A thread, claiming that the Obama campaign was "controlling the media" is actually making an attempt to control the media.

The truth of the story is being suppressed, ignored and denied in favor of a "controlled" and inaccurate version of the story, which is being put forth as the truth. Oh, the irony!

It's pretty funny! The OP is doing what he's falsely accusing the Obama campaign of doing.

Agreed, maybe if we stop posting this stillborn thread will die, albeit without dignity.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Oh! We do love Obama! Are you sure you don't want to join our club? We have a clubhouse, code names, Obama posters, kool-aid, unicorns and rose colored glasses for all! Yay! Rainbows!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Love it. Okay NOW the thread can die.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Most troops sign up to the Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy at what - 19, 20, 20 something... do you think those kids know what "pawns of the imperialist oligarchs" even means?

That is exactly the problem...

The pawns don't know they are pawns...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Fox News Channel ratings are skyrocketing.
The White House is in denial.

Obama is a big cry baby. Fox doesn't love me!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I must remark that I can never tell whether the OP failed to comprehend the source material, chose not to review the source material themselves in favor of running with someone else's 'interpretation', or is deliberately misleading others who have not reviewed the source material. Regardless of the reason, I just feel very strongly (as I'm sure you do as well) that this sort of thing is very damaging to the political discourse because it jars the discussion into a debate about red herrings. Isn't it enough to criticize the administration for allowing their representatives to malign corporations that make their money on newstainment? That's a fair criticism we can all "bite down on", in my mind. Why do we need manufactured headlines touting deceptive summaries of bland dialogues to be outraged at, too?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

I must remark that I can never tell whether the OP failed to comprehend the source material, chose not to review the source material themselves in favor of running with someone else's 'interpretation', or is deliberately misleading others who have not reviewed the source material. Regardless of the reason, I just feel very strongly (as I'm sure you do as well) that this sort of thing is very damaging to the political discourse because it jars the discussion into a debate about red herrings. Isn't it enough to criticize the administration for allowing their representatives to malign corporations that make their money on newstainment? That's a fair criticism we can all "bite down on", in my mind. Why do we need manufactured headlines touting deceptive summaries of bland dialogues to be outraged at, too?

It's called "Political Madness."
Heck there's even a forum for it here, too!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The White House admits it is endeavoring to control the news media? Ha.

Reminds me of Ted Turner, founder of CNN and one of the most outspoken liberal media moguls of the age, announcing some years ago that "We ARE the government," when asked to comment on the power of the liberal media.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join