It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuild the Government, Where would you start?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
As our economic world declines, millions of people are finding themselves asking questions... yet one thing they overlook is their government.

One thing I've been learning in my Criminal Justice program is to what the constitution originally stated... The Changes made etc. Last week we discussed that the Founding Fathers created the Constitution to be "Upgraded" as our society "evolved". Yet i have this question.... If corrupt politicians hold office... How exactly does the constitution get modified?

In my opinion it will evolve with corrupt intents and that is not acceptable. Our Government needs fixed... But what I am interested in....

If you could repair our Government... what things do you feel should be changed and or fixed??? I wonder if that question is anwsered will a majority of the people agree on the same thing? AND IF THEY DO, is that where we go to look for the corruption... to what needs fixed?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

cool, political challenge! im game...

fire Washington DC

End the fed, and implement a barter currency system backed by gold/silver. (if we have anything left that is)

reset all government across the country, and let citizens vote in an emergency election to get new people into office.

reset all the laws, and restore the constitution! (will be done first day if I was in charge)

id add more, but... i cant think of anything else besides those... for now...

Oh yea, one more, bring all foreign troops HOME, and close all bases overseas. we all have to worry about the problem/issues at home!

Ugie for president 2012!

[edit on 10/19/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

If you could repair our Government... what things do you feel should be changed and or fixed??? I wonder if that question is anwsered will a majority of the people agree on the same thing? AND IF THEY DO, is that where we go to look for the corruption... to what needs fixed?

The process of "repairing" our government would be tantamount to removing cancer in a patient after the cancer has metastasized throughout the body. Corrupt politicians have entered service and they have bootstrapped many generations of bought-and-paid-for politicians. The cancer of the Federal Reserve banking system has combined with this political corrupotion to bring our nation to the precipice.

You want to fix the system? Start by destruction of the Federal Reserve system, then massive arrests and trials of the Bush clan, the Clinton clan and their hacks. Or you could start with a more elegant solution -- nuking Washington.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
First and foremost the lobbyists would have to go. They are a huge problem when it comes to government and the will of the people will be and is ignored in favor of who can give politicians the most contributions.

Those in Congress need to have a set limit of terms they can serve. A president can only have two terms, there's no logical reason for someone to be a member of Congress for 40 years.

Bills and laws should be written plainly so that each and every literate person can read and understand them. If the people could understand what's being pushed through hidden away inside each and every bill, a lot of the crud that gets pushed through wouldn't make it.

Speaking of which, anonymously added amendments should be strictly forbidden. If someone in Congress cares enough about an issue, or the kickback they'll receive for pushing it through, then they should own up to and not add it to an unrelated bill anonymously.

Congress should be strictly forbidden from making a budget that spends more money than the country has available. If I overdraw my bank account, the bank isn't going to let me just keep writing checks. They'll cut me off and refuse to cash anymore if the money isn't there. Government should be subject to the same.

Definitely an interesting topic.
I look forward to reading everyone else's thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Did the discussion of your class included the Article V convention? see our founding fathers were every well aware that the constitution was not a perfect document, they gave the people the power to act to amend the Constitution if the government was not acting in the best interest of the people.

But is a problem, the founding fathers made a mistake, they never envisioned a congress that will become so detach from the voters in a near future that they only gave Congress the sole power to call or convene an Article V convention.

For a while states has been calling on congress for a Convention since the bailout and the economic crisis started, but congress has been ignoring the calls of the states.

This tells how deep the corruption of our own government is running when they ignore the population on their path to personal private agendas and gains.

The situation we face today is that all 50 states have submitted over 750 applications for a convention, considerably more than enough to trigger the constitutional mandate that Congress convene an Article V convention. How could Congress get away with this kind of unconstitutional behavior? Apparently, a combination of political corruption and public ignorance has allowed Congress to get away with this. Even among the millions of Americans that proudly declare their loyal allegiance to the Constitution, there is no recognition that unless they demand that Congress obey Article V, they are constitutional hypocrites. Congress has no right to unilaterally decide that it can ignore and disobey a part of the Constitution.

I suggest you read the article on this matter as will help you understand better what the Article V convention means.

www.economyincrisis.org...

www.foavc.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Your wasting your time as humans are the flaw. Scum leave school to get these jobs to run vendettas against innocent people for no reason. Thats the real world in the west.

Until human race is changed forever, i thing changing to one gender, and getting rid of all the scummy rubbish in humans, you are wasting your time. The rubbish scum will always want the power jobs to destroy others.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i hope this thread goes to the front page, i want to hear what others think we should do if we had to reform all levels of government in the USA.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
First off thiers no fixing our goverment its just to big it needs to be removed completely and started all over again.

To bad we don't have a reset button for our goverment.

Well first I would end the Fed Reserve contacted all world leaders about a 1 world currency that is made up by all currencys to make just 1.

I would bring our troops home and a use the troops here on the homeland for controling our borders to make sure our country is safe.

Give the goverment less power, the people should have the power over them, with a voting system once a year to vote on all laws and bills the goverment purposes to us.

Lets say once a year you get a booklet mailed to you and you get to read over all laws and bills then we have 3 to 6 months to vote on them. these will be easy simple bills not 1000 page bills thats just ridiculoius.or they could even put them online to read then you go and vote on them.

Thier would be no more wars without the peoples support the president will have very little power at all he will just be thier to present his ideas.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by slipknotrules2009

One problem facing this nation is that people have grown ignorant of the powers that we all have when it comes to control of our elected officials in Washington.

The fear mongering of the government against the population of the nation is one of the reasons.

Also the false hopes that the government everything it does is for the benefit of the nation and its citizens, the apathy of the population has make our government too bold and oblivious of the nations needs.

Private interest has been allow to run rampant and unrestricted, corruption of our elected officials is just obscene.

The two party system is not longer something that we can depend or look at for help either.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I knew that a convention could be called, but I didn't realize that there had been enough states call for one that it should have happened already. Thanks for posting up those links.

reply to post by slipknotrules2009

The only problem I see with allowing the people to vote directly is that it would cause us to have a direct democracy and those almost never work on a large scale. The kind of direct democracy you're talking about puts the fate of everyone in the hands of the majority and takes for granted that the majority has everyone's best interests in mind instead of just their own best interests, which sadly is rarely if ever the case.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well, a good start would be to hang all the lawyers and lobbyists, but there are some that would consider that uncivilized behavior.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

• Dismantle the Central Bank, hard money only - this would fix a lot
  • Term limits for everyone
  • Repeal 17th Amendment
  • All laws passed that aren't amendments to the Constitution expire after X years (2 years would be my preference)
  • All laws must be written in natural language and not be obfuscated by technical legal jargon, each law must stand on its own and can't reference other laws (which creates a labyrinthine that can be daunted to travel)
  • All bills passed can only address 1 thing, no appending pork projects on ketchup research to a housing bill
  • Remove lifelong tenure to the Supreme Court, make it an elected position
  • Outlaw lobbying by corporations
  • Mandate that all elections can only spend X amount, I prefer a public option in that it would be harder to buy influence
  • Bring back treason charges, prosecute to the fullest extent of the law
  • Do away with any punitive tax (income tax included), only sales taxes or tariffs should be allowed
  • Stop the nanny state, allow local and national charities provide assistance

Just a few, I could go on and on.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
i hope this thread goes to the front page, i want to hear what others think we should do if we had to reform all levels of government in the USA.

Why limit it to the US? When I do properly reply to this post (as I would like to put some extra thought into this), I would be thinking more on a global scale. I always have, ever since I was a little child. I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time now.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Im sorry Im not as active in the thread right now I just got to school and have to start class soon...

There have been many very good points...

The points that I see occuring the most are

Federal Reserve
- Limiting Power
- or getting rid of it

Revoting Offices
- "hanging them all"
(my opinion)
- kicking them out and prosecute for treason
(my opinion)
- or just getting rid of them and maybe revamp the system, some have mentioned that they go so deep into our system that we cant really get rid of them.

Bringing troops home
- Quit worrying about global issues and worry about our own issues
- stop wasting money overseas, spend it at home etc.

RESTART BUTTON

I like the idea of a restart but how could we ever restart with a system that is so complex (like our own) We have so many checks and balances... to reset would leave many in harms way. We would have to get congress to do an ARTICLE V CONVENTION (Thanks Marg0643- im going to look into that further)

I have heard many good arguments and will respond later but I want to hear what the rest of everyone has to say also. I wonder if the Federal Reserve sytem and Bringint Troops home will resurface and why its such a big deal.

I Find it fascinating though that those two issues are actually very much connected. Much of our monetary system has gotten screwed due to the WASTEFUL/SELFISH Spending for the ongoing war which has spent a trillion dollars w/ not much of any resolve... (imho).

Any other ideas?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Congress should be strictly forbidden from making a budget that spends more money than the country has available. If I overdraw my bank account, the bank isn't going to let me just keep writing checks. They'll cut me off and refuse to cash anymore if the money isn't there. Government should be subject to the same.

Very Interesting. I've always thought about that. How can Our Government do what they do with money?

Its like Scientists working on a power project, you cant get more energy out if its not there to begin with, work with what they've got... eventually enough studies will find a way to make it work... or bring about new options.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
For the united states;

End the fed.

Term limits for supreme court justices.

End corporate person-hood.

One bill no addendum no write ins one vote.

Exit the u.n. the who and the world bank. Restart the league of nations.

Uphold the constitution.

Destroy all non victim crimes, release all prosecuted under them.

Run off elections, allow a vote of "none of the above".

End the irs.

Return to the fairness doctrine, disallow subterfuge on the msm.

there must be a ton of these things, this is off the top of my head....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

• Dismantle the Central Bank, hard money only - this would fix a lot
  • Term limits for everyone
  • Repeal 17th Amendment
  • All laws passed that aren't amendments to the Constitution expire after X years (2 years would be my preference)
  • All laws must be written in natural language and not be obfuscated by technical legal jargon, each law must stand on its own and can't reference other laws (which creates a labyrinthine that can be daunted to travel)
  • All bills passed can only address 1 thing, no appending pork projects on ketchup research to a housing bill
  • Remove lifelong tenure to the Supreme Court, make it an elected position
  • Outlaw lobbying by corporations
  • Mandate that all elections can only spend X amount, I prefer a public option in that it would be harder to buy influence
  • Bring back treason charges, prosecute to the fullest extent of the law
  • Do away with any punitive tax (income tax included), only sales taxes or tariffs should be allowed
  • Stop the nanny state, allow local and national charities provide assistance

Just a few, I could go on and on.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Finalized]

I like a lot of what you said... altho a lot of it requires me to do my research
So ill be doing that

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Originally posted by Jenna

Very Interesting. I've always thought about that. How can Our Government do what they do with money?

Its like Scientists working on a power project, you cant get more energy out if its not there to begin with, work with what they've got... eventually enough studies will find a way to make it work... or bring about new options.

Read "End the Fed" by Ron Paul, for a more daunting read, try "The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve "
by G. Edward Griffin. Tells you how they do what they do with money.

I truly believe if we revert to a hard currency system, it would "fix" the vast majority of our problems.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Release and support development of the scientific secrets that are being
hidden from use to the public.
Money spent on development instead of paper profits only diminishes
the worth of the dollar.
President Obama was sent an email to release the technology and
of course nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1. Remove two party system.
2. Effective immediately a revival of all infrastructure - bridges, dams and roads. Starting up employment in labor, manufacturing as well as office and support type positions. These positions would only be filled by legal Americans. Any and all support supplies would be manufactured in the United States of America.
3. Closing of both borders until all policies, laws and new government positions were filled.
4. Removing all current lawmakers until completely investigated by a non-partisan group for treason, corruption and misuse of power.
5. Instating a American Campaign Fund which those people who are running for higher government (like President) will be able to equally draw from once they have been nominated. Each person will have to throw something into the kitty and once they show proof of voting will receive a tax deduction.
6. All speeches will be required to be written by the candidate during the campaign and by the elected official once voted into position.
7. NO TELEPROMPTERS. Speeches must either be read or come from the heart.
8. No more lobbiest of any kind.
9. Spending freeze on the federal, state and local government until further notice.
10. No advisers to any elected official at any level will have any power over the people, the land or the government what so ever.
11. Term limits to all lawmakers in the House, Congress and Senate.
12. Treason laws and cases be reinstated - if you don't like it here then go somewhere else.
13. Protect the borders at all costs.
14. We don't give up our nuclear weapons until rouge nations give up theirs.
15. All bills will be posted on the internet 14 days prior to any vote.
16. All House, Congressional and Senatorial activity will be viewed on C SPAN.
17. All amendments to bills must have complete transparency.
18. Members of the House, Congress, and the Senate will no longer get elite health care.
19. The United States Government will no longer bail out anyone.
20. The United States Government will no longer sell its dept to anyone, but work only to paying it off.
21. The United States Government will no longer venture into the banking, health care, railroad, postal, realistate, insurance or any other type of private business activities.
22. The Internal Revenue Service Code will be rewritten in language that a high school student with a GPA of 2.5 can read, understand and retain.
23. All bills, laws, amendments past, present and future will be rewritten in language that a high school student with a GPA of 2.5 can read. understand and retain.
24. All bills and laws that have past through the House and Senate and been signed by the Presidents of the last 9 years will be reviewed.
25. All Presidential candidates MUST show their original birth certificates and all school records from high school to the last year of college. They MUST be NATURAL BORN CITIZEN of the United States of America.
26. A copy of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights will be offered FREE to every citizen in this fine nation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join