It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

studies show diet can cure cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
link

studies indicate the cure for cancer and heart disease (and other illnesses like diabetes and obesity) is not that difficult. its down to correct diet basically.

correct diet means no dairy, no red meat, no sugar/white flour etc, no caffeine - black tea/coffee, no cakes, bikkies, softdrinks, sweets etc, no alcohol.

so what do you eat then (if i have just described your daily diet):
VEGETABLES mostly. a LOT of DIFFERENT vegetables - raw and cooked. sorry if it sucks, but thats the answer. then some fruit (berries are good), then GRAINS (e.g. brown rice, wholegrains - make sure you arent gluten intolerant), CORN, BEANS, LENTILS, CHICKPEAS, (for protein), NUTS and SEEDS. You can eat an egg occasionally.

and if you feel you cant live without meat - then you can eat some fish and VERY SPARINGLY some chicken if you must (altho use as a garnish not the biggest portion of a meal).

What to drink?
WATER (non flouridated etc)
GREEN TEA
HERBAL TEAS
VEGETABLE JUICES
Some fruit juice okay. mixed with vegie juice is better.

Thats it. its very simple. and it should cure you if you stick to it.

In addition, if you have cancer, make sure you eat some:
bitter almonds - B17
apricot seeds - B17
Apple seeds - same idea
as this has cancer fighting properties and keeps the Hunza very healthy and with very long lives (apricot seeds). you probly dont need to eat them very often if you stick to the diet - they taste very concentrated. i eat a handful of almonds EVERY DAY as medicine.

a couple of brazil nuts - for selenium
Make sure you are getting enough magnesium - you should be if you eat a lot of vegies, but if your nails break all the time and are weak you may have a problem there for some reason, and you might need to take a magnesium supplement/or have a magnesium bath. getting enough magnesium is important to fight cancer.

SEAWEED - for iodine. most people are iodine deficient. iodine deficiency has been linked to fibrocystic breast disease in studies. studies on rats showed that rats given enough iodine could fight off cancer. also studies on rats and wakame seaweed showed that wakame seaweed killed cancer cells better than the chemo drug 5 flouracil. (which i had)

CHINESE MUSHROOMS and HERBS. some chinese herbs and mushrooms have strong cancer fighting properties - ask your chinese doctor or read up on chinese mushrooms.

Vegetables with good cancer fighting properties include: cabbage, kale, brocolli, dark green leafy vegetables (e.g. spinach/bok choy), and berries (antioxidants) etc. vegetables from the leek and onion family.

RAW GARLIC - eat garlic on a daily basis. raw garlic (you can swallow bits of it whole with water or rub it on bread/put think slices on bread with tomato and basil and olive oil or add it crushed to a salad with olive oil and lime juice) is very good for boosting your immune system to fight of many things.

CATS CLAW: a strong boost to your immmune system and anti cancer properties.

VITAMIN C: best sources: strawberries, brocolli, oranges of course but not as much. certain berries have extremely high vit c content availabe from health shop - ask them (acerola/acai i think, not sure). you might want a good natural vit c supplement. makes sure no saccharin/artificial sweetners in it.

etc. the list goes on. the more research you do, the more you'll learn about the anti cancer and other properties of plants.

Hippocrates, the father of medicine said: "let food be your medicine and medicine be your food'

Good books to read to get started: usually available from amazon.com
The China study : dr colin campbell
Your Life in Your Hands: Professor Plant
Dont drink your milk: Dr Frank Oski (impressive credentials)
Save Yourself from Breast cancer
THe anti cancer diet:

Ps. if you cant live without cakes or chocolate on the odd occasion, you can use stevia, maple syrup, honey or fruit juice as a sweetner (small amounts only required) and you can use wholemeal flour and fruit to add flavour. health shops do sell chocolate without dairy or sugar in it/w natural sweetner. but eat VERY sparingly. also lots of nice deserts can be invented with tofu, and fruit - like coconut/lychee/rice puddings etc and still be healthy. asians have lots of healthy deserts you can investigate.

Look at asian/indian recipes for interesting healthy vegetarian dinners/deserts.

whatever you do, make sure the chickens and eggs you eat (if any) DONT come from caged or barn chickens that live in crowded horrific conditions and are fed growth hormones so they can be slaughtered in a few weeks even tho they are really oversized chicks. UNHEALTHY CHICKEN/EGGS = UNHEALTHY FOOD FOR YOUR BODY. you will probably get sick if you eat it.

Ask your fast food chicken chain if they use caged/barn chickens and eggs and why they are selling you unhealthy and dangerous chicken meat (not to mention supporting the torture of chickens).

[edit on 17-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great thread! Nice info on what to eat. After taking a food and politics class in college, I started to research food. I lost 50 pounds by just eating healthier and I feel great. I use to get a lot of head aches. Now I almost never do.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

Thanks.

Yeah, ever since i changed my diet ive noticed that i NEVER get headaches anymore. i used to get headaches and take nurofen everyday just about. Also this diet if you stick to it, should cure your migraines. Altho migraines arent helped by the pill either. if for some reason it doesnt, try acupuncture as well. that should do it.

also, if you follow this diet and are overweight, you will definitely lose weight. ever notice that people in the 60s and 70s were a lot thinner than now? also people in africa etc are very thin; and in a lot of asian countries? being overweight is NOT healthy. (ps this is directed at any people here wanting to lose weight)

More health info:

try cranberry juice and tablets for urinary tract infections (if you have that problem)

for period pain, instead of taking nurofen or pain killers, try RASPBERRY LEAF TEA mixed with some peppermint/mint leaves (or mint tea) to make it more tasty. Since ive been drinking this tea i have totally stopped taking nurofen or any pain killers and it works incredibly well.

for PMS try fennel tea and acupuncture/qi gong is also good for mood swings.

ADDITION TO DAILY DIET PLAN:
try drinking a glass of soy milk (organic, non gmo etc) a day or eating some tofu on a weekly basis. its very good for you, esp. if you have breast cancer as it occupies the oestrogen receptors/blocks them. (i have it with cinammon on top and crushed nuts/flaxseeds/linseeds added to it).

Also try adding flaxseed oil/crushed flaxseeds to your diet. very important source of nutrients - omegas etc, esp. if you dont like fish.

Also try apricot kernel oil on your salad.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Star and Flag from me.
Good thread.

Also try apricot kernel oil on your salad.

I am so confused at the moment. There seems to be so much controversy over the "B17" and its emittance of cyanide ONLY when there are cancer cells present due to a specific enzyme they carry. here is the enzyme:
en.wikipedia.org...

I have been reading for hours and cannot find any super-detailed explanations that make sense to the layman.

So my question is: Have you heard of this controversy and what convinced you otherwise? Any online sources would be great. Thanks.

Anyway, ttyl

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A very good informative thread, thank you

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hi, thanks. Yeah i have heard of the B17 controversy/Laetrile clinics being shut down etc. My take on it is, as far as im aware, apricot seeds are said to contain B17 (and do) and this B17/Laetrile (contained in apricot seeds) is said to be extremely dangerous as it contains cyanide, and on this basis people are being told to avoid it as its supposed to kill you. In the USA you can be put in jail for selling apricot seeds to cancer patients - probably for saying it will cure them i imagine. In australia they've closed down laetrile clinics - im not aware on what basis - either that its dangerous or it doesnt work/is quackery i wud imagine.

but basically, there is the view being put out that apricot seeds are dangerous and that B17 doesnt protect against cancer.

In regards to the first accusation: that apricot seeds are dangerous, i based my opinion on practical experience and on what i've read.
Practical experience is: i eat them, apricot kernel oil is sold in shops for salad dressing, apricot seeds are commonly used in cooking (my grandmother uses them) and in jams, and the Hunza eat apricot seeds as part of their diet and live til they are 100/dont get cancer. Based on what i've heard i did not believe that eating an apricot seed/s would kill me or that the B17 was dangerous. I decided to eat some as i didnt consider them to be a risk and the benefits id heard about sounded really good. I ate some. i waited. I didnt die or get sick, as expected.

Based on this experiment i've concluded to my personal satisfaction that: apricot seeds are perfectly safe. As is apricot seed oil (if it wasnt safe and if the cyanide in it was dangerous, everyone who bought and used the apricot kernel oil from the delis i go to would be admitted to hospital or get very sick. they dont).

My hunch is that therefore B17/laetrile is also perfectly safe but i have not done research in this regard specifically. Altho if it wasn't, it would mean that every time they injected it into cancer patients they would drop dead. Cyanide is deadly. If its in there and its in a dangerous form, it WILL kill you. As they dont drop dead, it would seem to me that the B17 is in a non-dangerous form to the body.

In response to the second accusation: that it doesnt protect against cancer: well, ive heard a lot of reports that it does. also based on the Hunza not getting cancer, this sounds good to me. Almonds are of the apricot family and are very good for you.

Re: the actual mechanism of how it kills cancer cells, im not a biochemist so i cannot know for sure, but it sounds plausible to me; and worth trying. especially based on anecdotal accounts of it working.

Also the fact that the govt is trying to hard to make apricot seeds/B17 look bad, and given that cancer is a 72 billion plus dollar industry, my reaction these days is , if they say it doesnt work, it might just work. the fact that they're throwing people in jail for selling apricot seeds makes me think it just might work like people say it does. So i eat some. Also its my intiution, which i always go with.

As its not dangerous as far as my conclusions go, then ive decided it cant hurt me and it might help me. so i eat some from time to time and also eat apple seeds. Since they cant hurt me, i choose to eat them on the bais that they may help me like lots of people say. what have i got to lose?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
How many threads are you going to make without sources, discussing the same exact subject?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

they say eat lots of fruit and vegetables. thats true. (and grains, nuts, seeds, beans etc), but they omit to say: DONT eat dairy, DONT eat sugar and DONT eat meat. (except i guess for eggs or if ur determined to eat meat - fish). The dairy bit is absolutely critical. so is the meat, really. read the china study by dr campbell if your interested in the reasons why. he is a scientists and has done lots of studies on rats; and large scale population studies. (there are a few big industries like dairy/meat etc that dont like his work much). the links between casein (protein found in milk) and lots of diseases - like cancer - are pretty enlightening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in summary: if you want to change your diet in the hopes of beating cancer, it might be a good idea to go off red meat, dairy, alcohol and sugar. (and also steer clear of hormone filled chickens).

Sound familiar? Same old stuff, different day.

From the OP:

studies indicate the cure for cancer and heart disease (and other illnesses like diabetes and obesity) is not that difficult. its down to correct diet basically.

I've asked before, can you provide these studies? I'm assuming, since you're simply indicating, that the studies in question are merely epidemiological. I guarantee that for every study you can provide in support of the hypothesis you've proposed, I can provide you with 2 studies that oppose it. That's the nature of observations. With a preconceived notion, researchers see what they want to see.

correct diet means no dairy, no red meat, no sugar/white flour etc, no caffeine - black tea/coffee, no cakes, bikkies, softdrinks, sweets etc, no alcohol.

There are no definitive studies that suggest consuming red meat, coffee and alcohol in moderation will lead to cancer, heart disease, diabetes and/or obesity.

The topic of nutrition and it's effects on health is very similar to politics and religion in that, more often than not, arguments are belief based and don't respond well to rebuttal. This fundamentalism relies heavily on the avoidance, or dismissal, of information.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Although most of the points here are good I have to disagree with the notion red meat is unhealthy. Humans are carnivorous and meat is an essential part of the diet. However, moderation is key. Wheat flour as a staple is very unhealthy and is the source of many health problems in our current society. Chicken and eggs, nothing wrong with them in moderation. ows milk, not such a great idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yes diet does play a big role on the health of certain individuals, if stared earlier, even when it will benefit those that already are suffering.

But our American diet is lacking most of the good things that makes the difference and is all legal.

No wonder the big pharma spend millions trying to get rid of anything that will put a dent on their profits and is natural.

When you know is natural supplements for stains drugs, for regulating sugar, for lowering blood pressure and is supplements for many of the blood pressure pills out here, supplements for ACE inhibitors, Calcium blockers, natural blood thinners and beta blockers.

Because I have "high blood pressure that is call emotional" I take supplements for all of the above, and doing great.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

im going to make as many threads as it takes. is that okay with you? if not you can always not visit my threads.

i can give you some sources and links to the studies and research that backs my statements. its a lot of extra work for me to go to but i suppose i could, if you were genuinely interested and asked me nicely.

to the poster that doubts what i said about red meat, when i get a minute i might post the link to the study/research that supports what i say - that red meat and dairy DOES cause inflammation. this has not been challenged and is mainstream and accepted.

would you like the link?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

I am so confused at the moment. There seems to be so much controversy over the "B17" and its emittance of cyanide ONLY when there are cancer cells present due to a specific enzyme they carry. here is the enzyme:
en.wikipedia.org...

I have been reading for hours and cannot find any super-detailed explanations that make sense to the layman.

So my question is: Have you heard of this controversy and what convinced you otherwise? Any online sources would be great. Thanks.

Here are some infos that may help.

Ralph Moss left the Sloan-Kettering Institute when they refused to publish their findings on Laetrile. It didn’t work on all cancers, but it had stopped metastases 100% of the time. Many people take Laetrile in its natural state: bitter almonds and apricot pits.

Here is how it works: cancer loves sugar. The sugar in the apricot pits surrounds a phytochemical called: nitriloside. The cancer draws in the sugar, eats it, and releases the nitriloside. Now cancer cells contain great quantities of beta-glucosidase, an enzyme. When beta-glucosidase meets with nitriloside, they create hydrogen cyanide and benzaldehyde. Both are poisons. Since they've been released at the cancer site, they kill the cancer.
www.ralphmoss.com...

Also check out this:
www.scribd.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
The topic of nutrition and it's effects on health is very similar to politics and religion in that, more often than not, arguments are belief based and don't respond well to rebuttal. This fundamentalism relies heavily on the avoidance, or dismissal, of information.

Here is a personal "study". My mother was diagnosed with diabetes last year. She doesn't have to take medication. Why? Because she controlls it with diet. And she hasn't even gone as far as becomming a vegen or anything.

Also, by your post, can I guess you feel that unhealthy food is just as good for us as healthy food? Ever see "Super Size Me"?

As far as the OP goes. I've been wanting to eat better lately. The problem is that the health food store is almost twice as expensive as the regular grocery store. And the regular store isn't cheap to begin with.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Great stuff Bravo!!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Although most of the points here are good I have to disagree with the notion red meat is unhealthy. Humans are carnivorous

Are humans carnivorous?
Our jaws move side to side like that of a cow (non-carnivore) and not like that of a dog or croc (carnivorous).

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

Originally posted by habfan1968
Although most of the points here are good I have to disagree with the notion red meat is unhealthy. Humans are carnivorous

Are humans carnivorous?
Our jaws move side to side like that of a cow (non-carnivore) and not like that of a dog or croc (carnivorous).

excellent point, you can absolutely not base our dietary habits on our dental evolution - our dentition is completely different to meat eaters. our Carnivore teeth are not longer than the rest of our teeth and designed for catching prey. Our molars are flattened and do not have gaps between (carnivores generally are sharp and have gaps so no meat gets stuck between them).
Omnivores edging on the herbivore if you want to solely base our diet on our teeth.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Fruit is the cure for everything, not any potion, pill or poweder

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The problem isn't the red meat itself.

The meat industry has pretty much destroyed any benefit that meat had. Red meat used to be a rare delicacy while today it has become a daily snack. The meat has been treated and fed so badly that you are better off eating dirt than red meat. When cows get back to eating raw grass and are treated with respect then you can eat the meat. And even then on rare occasions.

People don't know that there are way better protein alternatives and overal nutrional value. The most basic of life forms can be the most nutrient of all. For instance wheat grass juice, you can grow it very easily and when it does it does it fast. It contains a big amount of chlorophyll, google it. You'll be amazed what it even does to wounds. Another source are algue. They are called super foods for a reason. More precisely chlorella and spirulina. The have 1 million benefits to our bodies.

If you can add this to your own made vegetable juices you'll become a super human. The doctor will forget your name.

If everyone knew this we would be living in a much better world. The imaginary concept of hunger wouldn't exist and pharma companies would become absolute. But we have a long way to go to convince the sleeping sheeple.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

O yea take that spirulina and chlorrela from our heavily polluted ocean...
or you can stick to the real superfood, fruits

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
reply to post by broli

O yea take that spirulina and chlorrela from our heavily polluted ocean...
or you can stick to the real superfood, fruits

This is kind of an oxymoron. I admit the ocean is far from clean but the land is as worse or more worse. If you don't buy organic you will eat guaranteed pesticides. Even organic isn't perfect.

I just proposed some diet changes that are at least head over tales better than what most people dump in their bodies now a days. But this is not enough. The true change is the global one. Where the people regain control over their lives and see the truth. If you can grow your own food, purify your own water and have a roof on your head working a stupid and boring job becomes pointless. Because you are literally bringing food to the table, what's more meaningful then that. This is the only way we can become free of control freaks, free of disease, free of hunger, free of misery.... and live.

I have also researched alternative energy devices and realized that there's no such thing as not having enough to go around. Actually with the REAL tech out there there's more than enough for a population that is a 1000 fold higher than now. Earth is plenty full and our minds act as a catalyst to mimic and extend that. This way we can solve any problem and accomplish unimaginable feats.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by broli]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One can eat seeds, lentils and raw carrots and indeed increase their life span, but boy, would that not be a miserable life...

Giving up my coffee and alcohol would certainly deduct from my quality of life. I do eat veggies and like them, and never eat sugary products. But I do like cheese

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join