It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy to keep people fat and unhealthy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
and ignorant about how really to lose weight and be healthy?

they say eat lots of fruit and vegetables. thats true. (and grains, nuts, seeds, beans etc), but they omit to say: DONT eat dairy, DONT eat sugar and DONT eat meat. (except i guess for eggs or if ur determined to eat meat - fish). The dairy bit is absolutely critical. so is the meat, really. read the china study by dr campbell if your interested in the reasons why. he is a scientists and has done lots of studies on rats; and large scale population studies. (there are a few big industries like dairy/meat etc that dont like his work much). the links between casein (protein found in milk) and lots of diseases - like cancer - are pretty enlightening.

also, obviously dont drink coke, soft drink, anything with aspartame in it like equal; caffeine (coffee) - green /herbal tea is ok.
make sure get enough protein by beans/chickpeas/lentils/corn etc.

its a bit hard to start out ; and its i guess, not as fun as kfc, but the info should at least be made public so people can make their own choices as to whether they want to be healthy and lose weight or not. follow that diet and you'll lose weight all right; it will fall off you. even w/o exercise. also u probably wont get heart disease or cancer or diabetes - or will cure yourself of them if you have.

people need to be getting all minerals too; often iodine deficient (seaweed); magnesium deficient (green vegies); selenium deficient (nuts - brazil nuts); calcium - figs/bread; vit d - sunlight - 15 mins a day; enzymes - q 10 - flaxseed oil etc etc. essential sugars/proteins. chinese herbs are a good way of getting your minerals u may be lacking and fixing any health probs too. mushrooms often found in the herbal combos can cure lots of th ings.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Starred for the good information there.

Not 100% the governments fault though,people aren't stuffing down the garbage with a gun held to their head.

But you spend more on food,diets and medicines when you're a porker so what do you really think they want?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
also when u realize there's scientific evidence that we dont need meat (except eggs; and maybe fish) to be healthy (in ancient greece the athletes stopped eating meat during training as they knew it improved their fitness); and in fact, that eating meat makes us UNHEALTHY (particularly in large amounts) - if you're determined to eat it u should eat it as a garnish only- (plato i think said a society that ate meat would need to have a lot of doctors)..then you look around and see all the animals we're killing in the belief that we need to eat meat to get protein etc; you realize the wholesale slaughter that is going on for no good reason.

if we dont NEED to eat meat to be healthy, what justification do we have for killing so many animals? and for treating them so badly before we do kill them? To get an idea of the SCALE of this SLAUGHTER, just look at the size of your city, and all the people, and all the suburbs. now think: how much meat do i eat per week? how many kfc chicken breast burgers do i eat? So how many chickens (or other animal) have to be killed each week just to feed ME - then extrapolate out for the rest of the city. its horrible.

i lived out west where a lot of cattle are raised for a year. every day i would see truckloads full of cows and pigs going to be slaughtered. huge truckloads. and all their little faces had no idea what was coming; or that they never had any chance at all and were raised just to be eaten. pigs in particular is so sad. they are as intelligent as a human child.

HORRIBLE THINGS WE DO TO ANIMALS IN THE NAME OF NEEDING TO EAT MEAT:

*live export of cattle (in boats, alive, packed together - sent over seas).
*growth hormones into chickens so they mature in a matter of weeks, rather than months and still have their baby chick feathers on when they are killed. they cant even walk some of them cuz of the cage; or the conditions in the barns. they never see sunlight in their life. they never see grass. they never peck at a worm in their life. they live in a cage. when they are born (in crates, like oranges), they are put straight onto a CONVEYOR BELT to be sorted - before they can even walk. they never have a mother hen like any baby animal wants and needs. they are sorted, some get put down a chute (the males) and killed/crushed (alive); or gassed; the rest - some go into cages; some into dark crowded barns. the barn ones are supposed to be lucky.
apart from the horror of their life; (we grow them like this so we can buy cheap chicken every week at kfc), or twice, or more a week - ), do we really want to eat chickens treated like this; or given growth hormones? (theyre called frankenstein chickens). yet our demand for chicken meat and population pretty much demands these cruel methods - supply and demand - how else to supply so many chickens to such a huge population, if they take months to mature? STOP EATING CHICKEN. you dont need it. it wont even make u healthy.
*pigs kept in crowded miserable conditions. despite their known intelligence and desire like any creature to be loved or have basic rights to move around; see grass; sunlight; etc.; have a mother; .
*prawns and lobsters boiled alive. would you like to be boiled alive? they are discovering that plants can feel, so im sure prawns can.
*i saw an octopus (intelligence of a dog - they are known to have) cut up while still alive on a japanese cooking program. this often happens to marine animals. people seem to assume they cant feel pain or have any emotions like fear - which is not true.
*fish kept in a fishbowl. they are used to living on a reef - do you think they cant tell the difference? they can.
*birds kept in a cage. speaks for itself. when ur used to flying in the sky a cage is the ultimate disgusting cruelty.

im sure u can think of many more examples. point is: why eat meat when u dont need to and it'll make you sick?

i know why we're all getting so sick. its karma. u eat something u dont need to to survive; and treat animals so cruelly, no wonder we're getting obesity and cancer - we brought it on ourselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Well from an Australian perspective I don't believe there is any conspiracy to keep us fat and un-healthy.

Here's two pages with different campaigns, both government endorsed.

How do you measure up?

Find thirty everyday

Both have been advertised quite extensively recently during prime time television.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

yeah; i know. people like to eat what tastes nice. i should know that more than anyone else. i used to LOVE eating good food - including chocolate; dairy; meat etc. i was considering being a chef or a chocolate maker. (its been quite difficult for me, to put it mildly, to change my diet; but i have, because i got sick and had no other option).
but again; if you're critically unwell, and you are desperate to do something to save yourself - the information should at least be available (via tv) so people know how to go about eating right.

i dont think the adds ive seen on tv give the full story/correct picture of how bad certain types of food are for you. and i think that IS the govt's fault - for caving into pressure from meat/dairy etc industries.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

ive seen the ads they run on tv in australia. nowhere do they say that meat, dairy and sugar can DAMAGE your health. they just say eat more vegies and less other things. i dont think they're explicit enough.

to stop people form eating the wrong thing, u have to tell them WHY, or they wont listen.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sorry but your title was a little misleding to me. I for one, think just the opposite.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
In a commentary released today (ahead of print) by the New England Journal of Medicine, Yale’s Kelly Brownell and New York City’s health commissioner, Thomas Frieden, argue that taxing sugary drinks could go a long way toward putting a brake on obesity. It won’t make fat people slim. But it could slow or prevent plump consumers from ballooning into obese individuals, they argue.

Brownell and Frieden are not proposing a little tax. They’re advocating something that would really catch consumers’ eyes on each grocery or restaurant receipt: perhaps a penny per ounce purchased. Each 32-ounce bottle of sugar-sweetened Coke, Mountain Dew, lemonade, sweetened tea or fruit punch, for instance, would rack up a 32-cent tax. A carton of 12-ounce cans would cost an extra $1.44. ScienceNews

Altough I'll agree that your take on eating 'healthy' isn't a bad thing, I think that just staying active in the true key. I'm 48 yrs old, 5'11", weigh 170 lbs, am a junk-food junky and smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. I'm in the constuction field, hike, rock hound, out and out stay active. The clincher is the only time I've ever been 'under the weather' is when I ate some of my own pork chops some 20 yrs. ago.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It's called moderation...

Is this going to be just another meat bashing thread?

If it is, it's been covered quite extensively here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ok i regestered just to reply to this thread.

It drives me up the wall to see all of this vegitarian propaganda. Processed food is not inherantly bad for you like they would have you believe. It is based on individual biology and basic chemistry. Youve got a smoker who eats meat who lives to be 90 and a fitness nut who only eats organic who dies jogging in the park at 30. You cant make blanket assumptions.

People were yelling too loud about how organic is better 10 years ago so i knew something was up. Sure enough over the years occasional study has popped up going against the grain saying it may have more antioxidants and nutrients but is more expensive and takes more land. Less food for more work. Organic is good as a niche market for hippies and yuppies, but if anyone tried to change the world over to organic instead of our delightfully processed GM foods millions would starve. Thats millions of people ONTOP of those already starving.

Frankly i think we have a paternalistic obligation to make sure everyone gets fed, and organic is in the way of that, not a part of the solution.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice,

The foods that the government gives away to the poor.
Or are the cheapest foods to buy with food stamps so the poor have food for a month.

They all are very high in processed carbs.
These carb are turned by the body straight into sugars.
do you wonder why you see so many poor people that are overweight.

Just ask any diabetic about white flour, pasta, potatoes, rice,
They will tell you about them.

Then you have the number one WMD "high fructose corn syrup".
It is absorbed by the body even faster then cane sugar.
The big problem is its not as sweet as cane sugar so they use a lot more in products. more sugar more fat.

The rate of obesity in the US started to clime at the same time that the food companies switched from cane sugar to corn sugar.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Also:

Pesticides
5 percent a vegetable’s weight is natural pesticides, some of which cause cancer.

Bacteria
Organic foods have more illness-causing bacteria according to Consumer Reports in January 2007 showing organically farmed chickens have 300% more Salmonella than that from conventional farming.

Organic vegetables also have more bacteria in them

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Humans are omnivores, it's how we always have been. Meat is perfectly healthy in moderation just like anything else. Meat is a good source of protein for your body. About the animal thing, tough luck for them, yes I do think they need to be treated better, but I don't think a lion treats it's prey all to well either.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
no, it was a thread to tell people how to eat healthy incase they want to know. the no need to eat meat thing just flows on from it, so i thought id throw that in incase someone happens to change their mind from reading it. (probably unlikely but worth a try).

i cant really preach cuz i used to eat meat til i got a serious illness and had to change my diet - but thinking about it and from what ive read that we dont need it - the other observations follow.

to address the conspiracy side of things:
i think the meat/dairy industries are suppressing results/stacking scientific advisory committees and putting pressure on govts not to release info connecting these foods to serious illnesses. my source is the book the china study (for one) which i referred to above.

the further idea of a conspiracy to KEEP people fat and unhealthy - (this should get a few people irritated) - is the idea that 'the powers that be' actually want people to die from these illnesses as a means of population control. - they have no real interest in curing the sick or teaching doctors about nutrition so they'll know how to cure the sick. my sources are: jim marrs - rule by secrecy; and william bramley - the gods of eden.. interesting reads, i thought..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by shabdiz

i think lions are kinder than we are.

re: the omnivore thing - yeah; thats the standard wisdom we are told - and i used to believe it. maybe u should read the china study tho - his experiments and trials might change your mind. they changed mine, as well as some other stuff ive read on it.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by crabppl

Welcome 'Crabppl'! After years of lurking here on ATS, that's the same way I registered.

I just shake my head when I see and read all this about the things that are the reasons for us being 'unhealthy'. Doesn't anybody realize that it just may be you that's making you unhealthy? If you choose to eat fruit and nuts, more power to ya but don't push your ideas on others. It makes it sound that you people are 'Holier than Tho'.
People, go take a nice long liesurely walk and quit blaming other things for your unhealthyness.

"EDIT"
'Rapunzel222', I'm in no way thwarting an attack on you. I'm glad you started this thread. S&F

[edit on 25-4-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

no one forced u to read this thread; and i for one dont care what ideas you believe in. the above represents my opinion only. i am expressing it strongly cuz i believe it strongly -particularly as about animals, and hope to persuade others.

illness can be caused by a lot of things. i posted this to try to help people, who are wanting help, in case theirs is caused by poor diet. if you dont agree with whats in this thread thats your call. others might.

OK: i just read your edit. thats fine. but if it seems like im forcing my opinion on you, i just want to say that im not. im just trying to perusade people using strong language. i have no interest in forcing people to do anything; its got to come from them if they want to do it or not.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Hold on, I was editing my post as you were posting yours. I again say That I have no problem with you getting a 'healthy' choice out there for others.

But according to your 'Conspiracy title', I just didn't see the corelation of the govt trying to keep us fat when they are taxing all the things that they say will make us unhealthy.

I apoligize if I offended you because before I edited my previous post, I read it and it could have been taken as an attack. Again, my apoligies.

All I was trying to say is that we are not all the same, physiologically. I feel the main key to being 'healthy' is just by having an active lifestyle and let your own body work and deal with all the impurities that come from the water that we drink(which is a nessessity for all of our body's processes), the air that we breath(which again is a nessessity) and the food that we eat. By just staying active, you get your 'life-giving' blood flowing which in turn takes care of the rest.

I need another cup of coffee! geez..

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
okay, ive relaxed again now. yes, sorry if i was a bit attacking. its good to have debate. im interested in your argument about tax dollars. u are right about illness too, - sometimes disease can be caused in the mind; and for a lot of people, just being balanced will probly keep them healthy. i guess my post is only for those who are interested in losing weight or changing their diet or have got a serious illness already. or just might want to read the book.

if i came across holier than thou, it was accidental.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
come on conspiract to make people fat, people have to take there own responisbilities on this one for sure, and if there overweight then they only have themselves to blame, tv dinners, macdonalds, etc, time people woke up and realized its there own doing on saying that get fat products are cleverly marketed and if people are gullable enough to belive what they are told without quiestioning because they seen it advitsed and it states it good for them well more fool them, this also goes for medication, vacinations, news etc i could go on and on,

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Thank you Rapunzel222.

The tax thing does have me wondering. The purpose of the tax is to offset our healthcare cost. Granted, let's say that smokers do leave a burden on healthcare(if they do or don't is highly debateable on its own) by imposing such a large tax has done a few things. First, the majority of people that smoke are your middle and lower class incomes. By increasing the cost of tobacco these people have opted, which many of my friends have just recently done, to quit.

There's a problem here. Besides being able to collect the federal taxes that were imposed before, now they're going to be collecting less because of people having to quit not out of choice but nessessity. Here in my state, they have a free 'quit smoking' hotline that will give you free patches, lozenges and gum as long as you go through a telephone-type clinic. If the majority of smokers quit, how is this going to be funded?

Next problem. If these outrageous taxes are done for the purpose of eliminating smoking in the US, you have now opened up a black market on importing and lest not forget about our tobacco states that have dropping demand in legal product(more unemployment).

Another problem I see. Again on smoking; people quit. A major reaction to quitting is the craving to eat. Oh oh, they're going to get fat! Now we no longer have the revenue coming in from the tobacco tax because nobody was able to afford it. There goes the idea of offsetting the healthcare budget. We now have a problem with other sicknesses which are the same ones that were associated with smoking but are now associated with obesity.

Hence our next tax, since the tobacco tax didn't work and put more people out of work, we'll have what they are calling the 'Sugar Tax'. Again, there goes Hawaii and the other sugar crops in states that need the income.

It just seems never ending almost like a dog chasing its own tail.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join