It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Breaking* Judge Halts Flu Vaccine Mandate For Health Workers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, if nothing else, this a temporary good sign. However, I think most of us know that will be FAR from the end of this latest exersize of "guinea-pigging" the masses. But for today, sanity seems to have prevailed...

A state Supreme Court judge issued a restraining order Friday against the state from enforcing the controversial mandatory vaccination.

The order came as the Public Employees Federation sued to reverse a policy requiring vaccination against the seasonal and swine flu viruses, arguing that state Health Commissioner Richard Daines overstepped his authority.

Three parties – the Public Employees Federaion, New York State United Teachers, and an attorney representing four Albany nurses – challenged the order and for now the vaccination for nurses, doctors, aides, and non-medical staff members who might be in a patient's room will remain voluntary.

Full Story:

wcbstv.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hell yeah, this the best news I have read all day, people needs to read this after all it was a lot of ATSers that were all for the rights of the health care workers.

Great news indeed, after all is been a law sue against the FDA going on around for braking Federal laws when it comes to passing and approving the H1N1 as safe without proper testing.

Very, very good news.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Score one for self determinism.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow, some positive news. This judge will probably be dealt with by TPTB right?

Mandatory injections are something I'd like to see us stay very far away from. Although it might be well intended, it violates what I believe is a basic human right.

You might think this is a stretch, but I put that mandate in the same ball park as
1.) Mandatory cessation of treatment for terminally ill patients
2.) Mandatory abortion
3.) Mandatory treatment for those whose beliefs are against treatment (for mentally competent ADULTS only)
4.) Mandatory RFID chip
5.) Mandatory sterilization

Those may be more extreme examples, but a mandatory vaccination sets a dangerous precedent that could be used for arguing any of the above.

I'll cross my fingers that this judge's ruling stands.

I also think that this judge just took a major step in protecting the state from civil lawsuits which would ultimately been inevitable.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I really doubt it's going to matter much. Most hospitals are private. They can list whatever they want for requirements for employment.

Example: My (soon to be former) employer is still making the vaccine mandatory. Yes, it will result in dozens of lawsuits, but they still feel it's a good idea.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this! I'll be letting my sister know first thing in the morning. She is a student in the nursing program & she was informed this shot was manditory. I'm hoping this bit of news is enough for her to continue in classes without it. (she didn't want to get it anyway)

new topics

top topics

join