It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's John Stossel - may have been FIRED for speaking the Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by jimmyx

what? I am not sure what you mean. I like news. I even like wild conspiracys, but I hate being lied to to push an agenda. I understand that the OP was misled and is recanting his position. (on the fired aspect) But My opinion is that this video shows a point that should be listened to. Lots of people (my self included) think that the system in the US is pretty good. I think that our biggest hurdles are with frivolous malpratice lawsuits that drive up the cost of healthcare. Yea, it's too expensive. Let the laws of supply and demand dictate the cost like anything else in our society and focus attention on the problems. Nobody should decide if you get care but you. In the US it is illegal for any public health care facility to deny you care based on your income. So we don't have any excuses that we NEED this plan. And we sure don't need to piss away any more money we don't have on something we don't understand. (bailouts anyone?) This administration needs to focus on the problems we have now. the big ones. Two wars, the economy, jobs, things that affect us right now. Not things that we might need to look at in 20 years. If things don't change for the better soon, 20 years won't matter to 10% of us. (unemployment is at about 10%)

i have a 22 yr old son, who recently was taken off of our family healthcare plan...(22 was the cutoff for the family part), so he has to get an individual plan...the best we could find was Aetna in our area. 5000 dollar deductable at 85 dollars a month. the 5000 dollar deductable includes all check-ups, shots, drugs, office visits, emergency room visits. after 5000 dollar deductable, you still have to pay 30% out of pocket for the rest of the cost. and all brand name drugs used are 100% out of pocket. this is with no dental, no optical.
and this is for a 22 yr old healthy, no pre-conditions, guy. if he had a pre-condition, they would not even insure him. that's straight from their representative.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Unfortunately, anyone with an oposite opinion of TPTB have no voice

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I think if I were a well off person when and if this Medical insurance plan passes,I would go get treated in another country. The treatment would be much better!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

your son is a student or a full time employee?

If he is a full time student, he can remain on your insurance. If he is not, with his employment, he can get insurance with most decent size companies.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Fox News seems like a fitting home for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join