It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's John Stossel - may have been FIRED for speaking the Truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Now how American is that.... NOT>...

www.youtube.com...

watch out Washington here comes 25 million pissed off Americans....
how many people can you detain....?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Awww man. I cant watch the video at work but that sucks if it's true.

The Stossel segments on 20/20 were the only thing I made an effort to watch on ABC.

I dont get FOX Business either.

Oh well.

Love me some Stossel.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

I may have missed it, but where is the evidence that shows John Stossel has been fired for speaking the truth?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How about, Stossel leaves ABC for better deal at Fox News and new Fox Business Network?

ABC NEWS STATEMENT ON JOHN STOSSEL

John has been an important part of the ABC News family for decades and we will miss him. He has engaged, and occasionally enraged, our audience with thought provoking opinions and analysis. John is a unique figure in American journalism and will be an asset to Fox News in this next chapter of his terrific career. We wish John the very best and look forward to hearing his take on the great issues of the day from his new home at Fox.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

John Stossel Leaving ABC For Fox

Stossel joined "20/20" in 1981 and was upped to co-anchor in 2003. TVNewser has learned there was a window in Stossel's ABC contract which allowed him to jump to Fox.

Apparently he was not fired for speaking the truth.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
you may have something there ... the link I have that says he was Fired has the video and a dead link.. the link was on something on Waxman...

he is the leak thread I got..

Well folks, John has made Health Care issues simple to understand when you add POLITICS........Sorry he lost his Job and I hope

we have not lost the right to Free Speech as he has. I watch 20/20 every week and now I wonder if they haven't lowered their

standards................Watch the Video.................G

John Stossel was fired from ABC (20-20)

Now you can hear and see WHY John was fired!!!

(where was Obama?)

The following link is to John Stossel's ABC (20-20) special that was delayed by ABC until after Henry Waxman's House committee voted on HR3200. Possibly you have already seen it because, thank goodness, a lot of people have discovered it and are forwarding it to everyone they know.

UNQUOTE

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

why the deception? This information is good enough to stand on it's own, without being sensationalized like so much of what happens in the media today. Deny ignorance, don't proliferate it.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by network dude]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
No foul was intended, and the story isnt forth coming either... I'll put it on the list to verify... but "G" is solid contributor and he is no longer on 20/20 and this story had something to do with that... whether fired or encouraged to quit... who knows at this point so dont go BBQ the thread just yet... I have asked "G" for his sources and usually they check out..
ok ... so dont get too geddie just yet boys...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

why the deception? This information is good enough to stand on it's own, without being sensationalized like so much of what happens in the media today. Deny ignorance, don't proliferate it.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by network dude]

i have one question...who is going to be able to pay, and who is not going to be able to pay, for our healthcare?
no one i know denies we have the best healthcare in america...it just not for everybody
i guess you...network dude...can decide who gets this care.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

what? I am not sure what you mean. I like news. I even like wild conspiracys, but I hate being lied to to push an agenda. I understand that the OP was misled and is recanting his position. (on the fired aspect) But My opinion is that this video shows a point that should be listened to. Lots of people (my self included) think that the system in the US is pretty good. I think that our biggest hurdles are with frivolous malpratice lawsuits that drive up the cost of healthcare. Yea, it's too expensive. Let the laws of supply and demand dictate the cost like anything else in our society and focus attention on the problems. Nobody should decide if you get care but you. In the US it is illegal for any public health care facility to deny you care based on your income. So we don't have any excuses that we NEED this plan. And we sure don't need to piss away any more money we don't have on something we don't understand. (bailouts anyone?) This administration needs to focus on the problems we have now. the big ones. Two wars, the economy, jobs, things that affect us right now. Not things that we might need to look at in 20 years. If things don't change for the better soon, 20 years won't matter to 10% of us. (unemployment is at about 10%)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I see your signature says "Follow the Money" ha ha ha ...
I love stocks - just follow the money and you cant go wrong...
well you can but thats your stupid fault for being in stocks..
but this is the best way I have found and most profitable too
www.philsgang.com

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
and if you have money you can always go to another country like many americans already have.

online.wsj.com...

www.cnn.com...

i guess some americans don't think we have the best system in the world, apparently john stossel didn't mention this segment of americans...funny how he left that out.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
John is a good man and a great reporter! He'll probably get hired by Foxnews real quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OP, why don't you change your title to relect the story as it really is.

You can find hundreds of stories on his going to Fox already.

It is great news! Sort of.......

If they want to use his punch, they would have put him on News network instead. Problem is, is that someone else would have to leave.

They could add programming after Gretta on late. They just repeat programming anyways.

I look forward to not seeing him anymore unless they do a website like he had on ABC. I do not get Fox Business Network on my Tier II thru Cox.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
reply to post by jimmyx

I see your signature says "Follow the Money" ha ha ha ...
I love stocks - just follow the money and you cant go wrong...
well you can but thats your stupid fault for being in stocks..
but this is the best way I have found and most profitable too
www.philsgang.com

apparently you don't know what this phrase means...so let me explain it.
when i see a situation that seems illogical or unreasonable... the FIRST thing i look at is, who is making money or profiting from this? motivations that don't make sense, become clear. ideas that seem not to offer any benefit to people, are revealed to who actually recieves the benefit.

thus if you "follow the money" (who is actually making it or spending it) you will see the motivation

[edit on 16-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I'd like to see Gretta get dumped and John take Her place. Gretta Van Susteran is too liberal for my taste.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
thus if you "follow the money" (who is actually making it or spending it) you will see the motivation

Otherwise known as cui bono.

Works for me...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

it also is what the first words of a Judge in Itay is... who profitted...?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Done .... G has not gotten back with me yet, and he is online... ??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I don't watch ABC, I go to John's website and watch the vids there every week.

abcnews.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join