It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i think i'm gonna bleach my hair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
yup. not too long ago i bleached it and then dyed it blue. i liked the bleached look better thab the blue though.

you guys ever do anything 'extreme' with your hair?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Maybe I've been reading too many psychology and philosophy books lately You know Freud, Jung, Kant etc. (I've been on that sort of a reading bent lately. what can I say?) Nevertheless, I can't help but feel that when someone demonstrates a strong desire to make drastic external or outward changes in ones appearance, it is really a manifestation of some sort of repressed desire to make changes within one's life -- emotional, psychological or physical.

Now I'm not saying not to bleaching your hair. Go ahead. Bleach your hair. It sounds cool. Hey! It's only hair and I'll be the first to agree that it's personal expression is just that -- personal but one might also consider the psychological aspects of such actions.

The reason that your thread attracted me was that I have been considering the possibility that hair coloring, dying/bleaching, tattoing, wearing cammo, piercing, branding and body modification are all forms of an evolution in human camouflage . You know, like animals and birds and snakes have markings or plumage that allow them to hide, blend or mimic their surroundings or other creatures. Anyway....I was thinking on those lines when I saw your post. Add that to the psych books and, well , you get some inward thought and, well that was mine.....

[edit on 10/15/2009 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
interesting post.
i am covered in tattoos and have my septum pierced. last time i dyed my hair i went blue.
self expression i guess

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I bleached mine about a year ago, worst decision I ever made!

Now I need a combine harvester......

Do whatever make's you feel good.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well it turned out pretty cool.
i like it...
might have to be my new style for a while

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In the past I have bleached, dyed and permed my hair , this was considered quite radical during the seventies especially for a young man in the area I grew up in .

Looking back I now know I was desperately seeking an identity and at the time any one would have sufficed .Good luck and don't burn your bonce .

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When I was 16 I had long blonde hair, one day I desided to dye it blue in the front and red in the back, after that I pierced my nose and my each of my ears 4 times... then I got a tattoo.

so one day my aunt saw me coming her way in a busy shopping street and she crossed the street pretending she didn't know me.

me on the other hand, I didn't get it: "why was everyone looking at me?"

I was gonna say something like 'think before you bleach' but I just read that it turned out looking ok for you

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I've been through every color in the spectrum - red, purple, blue, aqua, orange, green - if the color exists, I've done it.

I recently had to cut my near-waist length hair off to a short bob because of all the over processing over the years, and I sort of promised myself I wouldn't go for another bleach or dye job just to keep my hair healthy.

But darn it all - I'm wanting to bleach it again just for a "change".

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
howz it look?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I elected to buck the trend and do nothing (see avatar).

I started going grey in my early twenties and coloured my hair briefly in my mid-thirties before I realized that I better things to do with my time. I'm not yet 50, but have been nearly totally grey most of the past decade.

I'm always amused by the folks whose attention is always drawn first to my head and that unspoken question in their eyes, "Why doesn't she colour her hair?"

top topics

join