It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Church to burn 'Satan's Books' including works of Mother Teresa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Programs, Get your Programs. Popcorn, Pagan literature Evil bible.

Just $5.00

Everything you need for a good book burning.

Great for the kiddy's

Just $5.00 ....

[edit on 15-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
They want to burn books that they paid for then let them. Its their time and money they are wasting.

I own about 300 books that I paid for, if I want to get a bunch of friends together to burn them then thats my deal.

As long as they don' start a massive fire that wipes out half of NC then more power to them.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think that this is a sad testiment to the day and age. Religious extremism leads to fanatism that leads to someone getting the idea that violence is accpetable in the name of God. Most of us, never knew what all Mother Theresa did, exept what was reported that she was a kindly old nun who worked with the poor, giving an idea on how a person should be. But beyond that, I thought that America was beyond book burnings and condeming works based off of theological basis.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
It would be deliciously ironic if their purchasing items to burn resulted in stores stocking those items more deeply. Every demographic has their share of idiots.

That would be ironic, and poetic.

Alas, in the name of conformity, most partaking in this Book Burning will probably either steal from their Public Library, or pillage the contents of non-profit Missions and Thrift Stores selling 2nd and 3rd hand merchandise to the poor to get books to take part in their cultural initiation to belong. That seems to be the Status Quo at most of these Christian Book Burnings.

I know in the past, whenever I caught wind of a Christian Book Burning in my neck of the woods, I would rush to the Public Library to check out the most likely targets of their burning, lest they would disappear from the shelves forever.

I always thought "Thou Shalt Not Steal" was one of the 10 Commandments, but I guess it is okay when the end justifies the means. Oh, the hypocrisy!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Although I disagree with what this church is doing, it is "the american way" to burn things so long as it our own stuff. Flags being one example. Folks used to burn trash and leaves before learning it was harmful to the environment, but megatons of gasoline and coal are okay.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Got to love religion, here in American, no wonder education in this nation is falling behind when it comes to developed countries in the word, then we tend to blame teachers. . .

If we leave to some of this over zealous we will still be burning witches and living in the middle ages hunting heretics.

Hallelujah they are only hunting and burning books.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Damn thats a waste of paper.... and I agree with everybody that already stated this, but what is so good about King James? He never paid for any of my speeding tickets!! (Thanks Jesus, ya helped me with that one)

But if they want to burn somthing sacrilegious, i propose an eyesore in Roma we could all do without. Whatever happened to that christian thing about worshiping idols? or false gods? or whatever it is. Well I do happen to know this one guy with a cool hat......

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Do those louts even know the origin of the King James Bible?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All I ask is that you don't confuse this group of morons with Christians like myself who abhors the idea of any book being burned even if it was the satanic bible. And try to remember that atheists have their idiots too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Is all part of human nature, we all bound to our humanity regardless of which way it goes.

We all fall for something silly at least a few times during our lives.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, if Satan is real, he's probably laughing his *** off right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
im still perplexed at the fact that people are wasting money in such an economic crisis!?!?!?! haha but no really ... did Fahrenheit 451 not teach us a damn thing? If you wanna burn a book then burn one of those "Where's Waldo" things......

Because theres always one or two of those pages where i cant find the bastard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join