It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens set friend on fire and laugh about it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Teens set friend on fire and laugh about it!

www.cnn.com

Five juveniles set their friend on fire and later laughed about it. The Friend supposedly owed one of them $40 for a video game. The victim had second degree burns over 80% of his body.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this stuff is just reported more nowadays but what the hell is wrong with kids these days? Bored? Evil? Bad parenting? When I was 15 lighting another kid on fire NEVER would have even entered into my mind. But I guess I also didn't have parents who would rather stand in line at Blockbuster receiving texts from Facebook instead of disciplining their kids for misbehaving.

I tell you what if ANYONE, juvenile or not set one of my children on fire I would KILL THEM and it would be hard for me not to think about killing their parents too! 100 years ago a 15 year old was considered a young man not a "kid". That's the problem with our pathetic society. Kids, juveniles, criminals get away with too much nowadays. These kids will be tossed around the system for a few years, show a little remorse and be back in society.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It must be the republicans fault. The kid should have asked for a bail-out.

Sorry, all political jokes aside...

This is horrible. Reminds me of the movie back To The Future part 2..

"Murdered over a matter of 80 dollars, what kind of future do you call that?"

This world is going to hell in a handbag.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Amen to that.

I'd wait and be patient, but they would die.

Anyone every hurts my kids, the Police, Sheriff's Department, the Highway Patrol, nor the National Guard would be able to keep me from getting to them.

They'd get tired of watching after them after a time, and that's when I'd be there.

The youth of this nation overall has gone to hell, and it's parents fault.

As we say in the South tongue-in-cheek, "they ain't got no proper upbringing."

We took discipline out of the school system, God out of schools and public displays, and parent have fallen on their asses.

No one's responsible.

So - those offspring who are uncaring enough and evil enough to maim and kill others - must be removed from society.

And if the law won't or can't take care of things - then the law sucks, and other forms of justice are required.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That's so sad. It's beyond words. In CA they have a different way of dealing with disrespectful little punks that takes the punk right out of them.

A few years ago in Guatemala there was a small gang of punks running rabid and doing horrible things - feeling they were young and untouchable, until one of them raped a five year old girl. All of them were found with a bullet in their head in the next few days. Sad it had to end that way but it did end it.

S&F for the Op

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A kid owes you $40 and gets you in trouble for your own stupid method of settling the score, so you decide to set him on fire? I'm struggling to comprehend the thought process, if one even took place.

I have an idea for these kids' punishment: set them on fire. An eye for an eye, says this guy. We can even start a bet for whether they survive the fire or not, and all the money can go towards paying for this kid's recovery. Think of it as a charitable human bonfire. Can't go wrong there, can we?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
im 16 and i constantly think about lighting people on fire so honestly these are probably just normal kids trying to have some fun so dont be so harsh guys.

....kidding

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would like to open with the following quote: The path to hell is laid with the best of intentions. I got to thinking about this the other day and did a bit of research on this. Now when I was growing up, before the raise of the serious gangs and Child protective services, I was raised with the fear that if I got into trouble, I would go to jail. They had spankings in schools, and I was told that jails and prisons were not nice places to be. Horror stories about what life was like in such places were told to me and I stayed out of trouble, as my parents would and did use physical punishment when it was required.
Now if you look at the rise of child Protective services, there is a direct correlation to the rise of the violent gangs, cause if you smack or spank a child the adult goes to jail or ends up having to go to court. Prisons and jails are no longer scary places. I do not believe these things are seperate and that they need to do the following: 1) Prisons and jails need to be harse, you do the crime, you do the time and there should not be tv, or weight equipment or sports equipment in prisons, such should be used by those who are showing that they are being rehabilitated. 2) Child Protective Services needs to back off, let a few spankings, not beatings, but spankings happen and the parents discipline their children. 3) Put the fear of God and the law back into the children.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

No, that wasn't me.

Frequently, justice and punishment get confused.

Sounds like those who raped the five-year-old got justice.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've done some pretty messed up # in my life. whether for revenge or as a prank. but i never had any intention of killing or maiming my "victim". Property damage is what i aimed for.

we were all kids but you don't kill each other over 40$ or steal something that belongs to the parents. this is just a #ed up world and its not getting any better.

Kids go to juvy, parents go to jail til the kid is fully healed and they pay for all the surgeries.

or go with the bonfire idea, hell I'll pay to see that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

I tell you what if ANYONE, juvenile or not set one of my children on fire I would KILL THEM and it would be hard for me not to think about killing their parents too!

Dont get me wrong, im 100% with you and I also think the same way as you.

But that is exactly why something like this could happen.

You state that you would kill or harm another in return for being harmed or a loved one being harmed. Now a kid heres a respected adult talking like that and thinks that this is the right thing to do or a justified responce.

Not that an adult thinks that a $40 video game is worth killing over, but to a kid "who thinks his games are all there is in life" that is a big deal.

Like I said im just useing this as an example dont think that im attacking you or taking what you said as a real responce, though it could be. Im just showing that im some familys and enviorments, kids probly are exposed to alot of teachings that getting revenge is a livlyhood.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vip867

dont compare his child to a 40$ game. if anyone touches my family, they will be disposed of. not beaten. killed. good luck finding the bodies. family is sacred. video games are not.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
[edit on 20/11/09 by chrisbasa]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I was raised with the fear that if I got into trouble, I would go to jail. They had spankings in schools, and I was told that jails and prisons were not nice places to be. Horror stories about what life was like in such places were told to me and I stayed out of trouble, as my parents would and did use physical punishment when it was required.

But now, the kids just look at you smirk, and ask you what you are going to do about it.

I love the look of shock on their faces as they realize that some are willing to give them what most are afraid of doing these days as society has changed so much in the past few years. All of a sudden, I go from being sworn at, to being called sir, in a shaky voice.

Bring back the fear and watch them curb their attitudes until they are mature enough to realize that their actions have consequences.

Bring back the fear and maybe respect will start to form.

Bring back respect and watch the world change....

new topics

top topics

join