It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS New York - Made from WTC Steel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So that's what happened to some of the steel from the collapsed towers. They made a ship out of it.

The amphibious assault vessel was built with 7.5 tons of steel salvaged from the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center.

Full story here:
www.csmonitor.com...

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Mark_Amy]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It kinda seems like poetic justice in a way. The twin towers are attacked and destroyed by terrorists and then the remains are turned into an attack ship!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

Interesting post.

This part really creeped me out.

One historical oddity: A previous holder of the name USS New York (a battleship) had its keel laid on September 11, 1911.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just a small part of the ships guys - its not like the trucked all the steel from the crash site :shk:

Seven and a half tons of the steel used in its construction came from the rubble from the World Trade Center. Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down at Amite Foundry and Machine in Amite, Louisiana to cast the ship's bow section. It was poured into the molds on 9 September 2003. With seven tons melted down and cast to form the ship's "stem bar" — part of the ship's bow. The shipyard workers reportedly treated it with "reverence usually accorded to religious relics", gently touching it as they walked by. One worker actually delayed his retirement after 40 years' work in order to be a part of the project.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...(LPD-21)

To give you an idea the ship weights almost 25000 tons.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I dont care how much of the steel they used on this ship, I think that this is actually pretty cool. Id rather see the steel used on a battle ship rather than being rotting away somewhere in a dump.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The 7.5 tons were cast into the bow stem. The ship is an amphib assault ship and will have 700 combat marines. The details of the LPD-17 class are at:

www.ussnewyork.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My old man was in the navy most of his life. Many of those navy guys are very superstitious about things, particularly their ships.

I wonder what the future crew will think about it? Some might feel it's already cursed or doomed.

Don't get me wrong - a great idea. But we're discounting the inner-thoughts of those who will actually serve on it...

Rewey

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wait a minute, all the steel went to China I thought was the story....

This was posted on here long ago in response to the "they took everything to China" crap.

Rewey, the majority of the crewmen I have seen interviewed, do not see it as a cursed vessel.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think it's an omen. How long has it been since we needed an amphibious assault ship?

Marines on beaches? WTC steel? Surely the New York is going to be destined to kick some terrorists butts....but don't all the terrorists live in mountains, or deserts?

I really thought the days of beach landings were long gone...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

WTC Steel Removal
The Expeditious Destruction of the Evidence at Ground Zero
Some 185,101 tons of structural steel have been hauled away from Ground Zero. Most of the steel has been recycled as per the city's decision to swiftly send the wreckage to salvage yards in New Jersey. The city's hasty move has outraged many victims' families who believe the steel should have been examined more thoroughly. Last month, fire experts told Congress that about 80% of the steel was scrapped without being examined because investigators did not have the authority to preserve the wreckage.

Recycled WTC Steel Used in US Warship
News stories in 2006 reported that 24 tons of steel from the World Trade Center was being used to manufacture a warship named the U.S.S. New York by Northrop Grumman in a shipyard on the banks of the Mississippi

911research.wtc7.net...

I am not happy with what they have done to the steel. The government has done everything in its power to keep independent investigators, from testing the steel for explosive components. The government has showed every sign of hiding the evidences that the WTC were destroyed by demolition and now they have melted the evidences and turned it into a ship so they can smugly parade their trophy in your faces. Some of you think it is cool but I don’t it is morbid and they should be ashamed of what they have done.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

First, where is the requirement to have an "independant" entity test the steel? Can you show me somewhere in legal document that says the government must have an outside agency investigate terrorist attacks? Anywhere?

Plus, steel thought to be of evidentiary value in regards to the Twin Towers is still being stored in a hangar at JFK.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Just might come in handy in case Obama ever develops the balls to go after the terrorists operating on the coast of Somalia, among other places. Or a base for SEAL ops...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

The government made it very clear that all the steel was hands off furthermore, you didn’t even read my source did you, or you would not have ask such a stupid question.

I did not ask you a question did I?

First, where is the requirement to have an "independant" entity test the steel?

You already know the answer to your own question, why are you asking me?

Can you show me somewhere in legal document that says the government must have an outside agency investigate terrorist attacks? Anywhere?

You already know the answer to this question why are you asking me?

Don’t you think if our government was involved into pulling off 911 using demolition that they are going to make the steel available for outside independent investigators to examine the steel and they find the real explosive evidences and publish their findings for the world to see, I don’t think so! Why are you always defending the government on every issue concerning 911?

Plus, steel thought to be of evidentiary value in regards to the Twin Towers is still being stored in a hangar at JFK.

True, but no one is aloud to examine it are they?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This thread already was covered some time ago.

I wonder if warnings and moving to the trash bin is in order as it was done to 2 of my threads a couple of days ago.

Someone joked about the ship would collapse if in the presence of a small fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Don’t you think if our government was involved into pulling off 911 using demolition that they are going to make the steel available for outside independent investigators to examine the steel and they find the real explosive evidences and publish their findings for the world to see, I don’t think so! Why are you always defending the government on every issue concerning 911?

Why am I always defending the government? The million dollar question. Maybe its because I am nowhere NEAR as paranoid as you are? Maybe its because I know that the US government isn't full of evil people. Possibly its because people who spout off their theories on NORAD, holograms, demolition etc....really dont have the first frigging clue. They just swallow the first cup of kool-aid from Alex Jones, Craig Ranke, Avery, Jones, Meyssan etc and parrot everything they hear. Maybe its because I know that Osama Bin Laden isnt the sheep herding, cave dwelling moron that truthers try to portray him as. There are probably a few dozen reasons I could give you....and it wouldnt matter one bit, because you will never open your eyes.

Then there is your choice of "defending the government" there is a large segment of the government that you do not hear me defend. Its the congresscritters and senate snipes that sold out our national security starting back in the 70s and continuing through the 90s.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by impressme Possibly its because people who spout off their theories on NORAD, holograms, demolition etc........... They just swallow the first cup of kool-aid from Alex Jones, Craig Ranke, Avery, Jones, Meyssan etc and parrot everything they hear. Maybe its because I know that Osama Bin Laden isnt the sheep herding, cave dwelling moron that truthers try to portray him as.

What a bafoonish reply. You mix up misinformation with fact, you attack the posters and use catchy little ignorant titles to group people who are aware of the truth and dont believe what their leaders tell them. Just a little reminder. Following your government blindly is exactly what Hitler hoped for. Your acts attempt to derail, irritate and defame people on this great website while stroking your delusional self worth has become very evident and repetitive. Lighten up butter cup.

I dont know any 'truthers' that have embraced any of the silly allegation you claim they spew out unless they were pseudo truthers or debunkers who work in concert to control information on well known blogs and websites.

And you of all people should not mention that some people here "parrot "Jones, avery and others when all you do it parrot the already debunked official story. Didnt you get the memo? There is no more official story to 911 because the 'officials' have recanted and almost every aspect of proof has been found to be fraudulent.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Amy

I know, this is great! Once we finally identify the terrorists involved we can use it on them! We all can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Maybe its because I know that Osama Bin Laden isnt the sheep herding, cave dwelling moron that truthers try to portray him as.

He wasn't involved in 911 according to the FBI.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainAmerica2012
This thread already was covered some time ago.

I wonder if warnings and moving to the trash bin is in order as it was done to 2 of my threads a couple of days ago.

Someone joked about the ship would collapse if in the presence of a small fire.

Yeah, that is just friggin' hilarious. Can't stop laughing. Why are you repeating garbage like that?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Nope you're exactly right.........Osama isn't a cave dwelling moron..........he's a CIA trained, well funded, big oil connected boogeyman that the most powerful, best capable intelligence agencies in the world cannot seem to catch. A 6'5 tall skinny striking terrorist that walks with a cane in remote areas of some of the most rugged country in the world. LOL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join