It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Finance Committee Approves Health Care Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I know you were not directing the post to me I just wanted to add more to it, sorry if it looks like I was targeting back.

It really hurts me the lack of transparency after the promises specially when this bill is going to affect all Americans no matter what.

My husband is a retired Marine so we are under government run health care, while Obama promised that we will be able to keep our actually very good health care believe it or not, after the performance of Obama on his broken promises the vets in the nation are very angry about losing our coverage and been force to buy private ones.

Is a big mess and nobody knows what is been planned behind those closes doors and I can tell you this much whatever they are planning is not for our benefit as usual.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I commend your husband AND your service! I served in the military but no retiree here
For the most part, I found the in-service medical to be okay. Not great, but not bad. It was decent. Have I had better health-care in the past. Yes. Have I had worse, absolutely.

You are correct in that this is not about us, its about them. Them = probably every sitting congressman/woman, lobbyist, etc. It is just frustrating because people are just seeing this as things like "We are the only western nation that doesn't have national health-care." To me, we should be priding ourselves on that very fact that we are that darn independent to be able to care for ourselves and seek out what is best for ourselves.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join