It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is happening: Dollar Reaches Breaking Point as Banks Shift Reserves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Everything we have discussed here for many years is NOW taking place.

Everything we have suggested is coming is NOW on your doorstep.

Any ideas of trading have been smashed not only by common sense, but also by the flash systems against which you do not stand a chance.

From Jim Sinclair's newsletter

And this from his website yesterday

Russia and China eye $5.5bn deals

Russia is hoping to sign deals worth $5.5bn (£3.5bn) with China as Prime Minister Vladimir Putin visits Beijing.

The deals may lead to Russia selling more oil and gas to China – the world’s second-biggest energy user.

About 30 contracts in infrastructure, energy, mining, transportation and telecoms have been lined up.

Russia is keen to bolster its economy, which President Dmitry Medvedev has said will decline by 7.5% in 2009 – far worse than earlier predicted.

It is out there, IF we will listen.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

The snowball is about to change into an avalanche ready to bury the redistribution of wealth managed by the US Government. How the Nobel Peace Prize laureate Barack Obama is going to handle the violent outburst of dissatisfaction among the people who will be no longer able to receive various government benefits and less than minimum social security is not clear.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by stander]

This is not Barak Obama's doing. He happened to become President after the collapse, and has made suggestions, only some of which have been taken into consideration by the legislative branch.

I'm all for calling him into question over broken promises on "openness" and the war(s), but not for the economy. That's not entirely fair.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is just blowing my mind. I'm only in my mid-20s and can easily say I've never seen the dollar in such peril. I know the 70s Crisis you could probably feel but the Dollar wasn't this bad was it?
I just wonder how much longer this plays out.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Cliff High is on Rense tonight and will most likely discuss this

www.renseradio.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well recent reports had the Fed saying they would not raise rates at least until late next year. This will probably mean more weakening of the dollar. Bernake is screwed no matter what he does now. If he raises rates then we risk another sharp downturn due to tightening of money and real estate crush. If he keeps them at all time lows then we will be on the inflation roller coster. If he waits to long and keeps rates too low then boom, we could have a nasty double digit inflation cloud hanging over us.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I beg to differ. Looking at the monetary-wall street cabal shows the same inner circle of mass criminality as before. One in same, no change, Corporate control, all that. Obama can't stop the Big Wheel and doesn't try because he is part of it.

Except for Enron, Bush deserves Enron.

Time will tell

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Is it just me, or do others notice a decrease in all those "don't buy gold" posts? I swear I saw a couple a day last year.

They all claimed it would be between $350oz. and totally worthless.

I still say they were trying to discourage anyone and everyone from investing in metals so they could get as much in their greedy pockets as they could before the dollar collapsed.

I personally watched several people, including my own dad, lose 50% of their 401k's when they wouldn't listen and the housing bubble and banks blew up.

Sure, you can't eat it, but I'm guessing I can buy at least 5x the amount of beans that dollar would have at this point with this little guy.

Certainly, now might not be the time to get in, at today's prices, but I'm still giving it better odds than standing in a bread line with an empty wheelbarrow.

Anyone wanna buy some commercial real-estate?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

www.renseradio.com...

Hey Plucky,

Did you take notes of the Cliff High radio broadcast? A summary would be greatly appreciated. I not only missed the radio broadcast, I'm also nearly deaf, so any link to it would be useless for me, hence I need transcripts of anything that is a vid, or an audio.

~Seth

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

It's probably because those who've been dealing in paper that's supposedly backed by silver and gold, have sold more than they have and well, they are having to scramble now to come up with it.
They've got enough headaches to worry about without having those markets crash also....

if you look on ebay, you will find that the actually price people are paying is significantly higher than what they say it's worth...
that's the disconnect from the paper to the actual gold/silver.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

www.renseradio.com...

you should have mentioned that you can only get the free re-feeds of last nights show with clif at 10pm-1am

so i have another 13 1/2 hours to wait for the MP3 of the show.

~~~~
from my insights, the FED/Treas/Central Banks/Major Money Institutions
have created a money sphere amongst themselves..
for the purpose of expanding the bankers asset base
(to include equities-commodities-gold)
so as to develop a healthy 'worth' profile...before opening the lenders vaults to public credit & lending
This policy/strategy should keep a tight lending condition at all major banks until at least mid 2011

~bottom line~ we are not shifting away from USDs, the FED is supervising the ascension of banks and favorite GSE (government sponsered entities) into stratospheric wealthy institutions...from which total control of the masses will be orchestrated.

As far as the other global central banks, they too are rebalancing their asset bases with a necessary reduction of USDs...

thanks

[edit on 14-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just remember to look at the big picture when considering the fall of the dollar. The elitist want the dollar to fall. All that's happening is a carefully thought out plan being put into action now.

Also , there isn't really just a US dollar problem, it's a global problem, as most of the world is in a depression funk. What happens here effects the whole world. The problem with the other countries, is that they want a new reserve currency, but get hurt when they make a break from the dollar. It's like an addict in rehab, they know to stop using is what they need, but that doesn't make it any easier to stop.

The dollar has been giving big warning signs of valuation trouble for a long time, Some folks are distracted by the rise in the Dow average. But dollar watchers have watched the dollar fall through continous support levels. Soon enough it will frre fall. That's when the real fun starts. We will see a panic of the entire commerce system, as people try not to be the last man out the door.

The first collective sigh of understanding is coming soon, when people see that the bottom has already fallen out, and they missed their best chance at getting out. It will be soon enough. When that moment happens, no ammount of msm propaganda will slow the exits out the door.

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

I wish the Russians and Chinese would just start lobbing nukes around - and assassinating globalists - but it appears they are neck deep into this crap as well anyway - the globalists are inside CHina and Russia by the looks of it.

I really don't know if there are globalists inside Russia and China. I would think that these two giants would not have any positives outcomes by giving up their sovereignty.

Any reason to believe the globalists have Russia and China under control?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join