It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis Arch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Does anyone see the resemblence between antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and

www.littleriverbooks.com...

and if there is an occultish link...than would this
www.s-t.com...
be associated at all??

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
McDonalds is the creation of aliens from a planet with two moons?

I'm not sure I understand what you're implying.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I thought that over the course of a night the moon made the same arch as the St. Louis Gateway.
I am going to go look for the origins of the St Louis arch but let me ask you this, where in US Arcitecture can you find the same type of building?

Why was the arch built and what is it's signifigance?
Could it be tied directly to astrology or mythology?

If it is, then what about Mc.Donalds, are they tied to astrology, mythology?

What would the double arch signify?

When I was a kid, the first time I saw the St Louis Gateway I was so confused wondering where the other arch had gone.

Generally little kids instinctivly pick up on things that are out of place. (Not saying that I did, but still the arches intrigue me)

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I dont think that a picture of an arch of moons, the St. Louis arch and McDonalds have anything in common all but the significant fact that they are all arches.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Heres some history:

The St. Louis Gateway Arch is an elegant monument to westward expanision in the USA. Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in St. Louis, Missouri, the 630-foot tall stainless steel arch rises above the city skyline. The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial consists of the Gateway Arch, the Museum of Westward Expansion, and St. Louis' Old Courthouse

How the design was chosen: There was a nationwide competition in 1947-1948 to design a monument in St. Louis honoring western pioneers. The architect Eero Saarinen (August 20, 1910 - September 1, 1961) won the contest with his sleek arch.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
OK I am really stretching it here but these are some slight evidence for something more than what would appear....

The smooth, graceful lines of the Arch, designed by Eero Saarinen, also serve as one of three firsts in the history of engineering in this country, all in the City of St. Louis.

View from the top....(is that pyramid missing it's capstone?)

Here is a cross-section of the arch....(What shape is that?)

And look I even found the MacDonalds connection!!! lol

To prepare the site for the Arch foundations, the visitor center and museum, MacDonald Construction Company, general contractor for the project, excavated 300,000 cu. ft. of earth and rock.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
hmmmmm

When one thinks of the name McDonald one immediately thinks of the fast food hamburger chain which has francises all over the world. The McDonald�s Corp. has been rumored for years to be connected to Satanism. In fact a book which tries to debunk belief in a Satanic conspiracy entitled Satan Wants You reported the rumor that Mc Donald�s owner Ray Kroc tithed to the Church of Satan. (see Satan Wants You, pg. 140). Ray Kroc does spend time with NWO elites and is a member of the Bohemian Grove. There is no doubt that the McDonald�s Corp. has an inside track with the Illuminati, because the U.S. government has given according to one source 40 million dollars in public tax money to McDonalds to help them set up McDonald Restaurants in foreign countries under the disguise that this was money spent on foreign policy. In 1991, the total of McDonald outlets (restaurants) in the 3 primary European nations of Britain, France and West Germany totalled 959 restaurants.

Now do I believe that the St. Louis Arch and the BigMac have their origins in satanism??
Well, there really is no proof but I find a few of these things rather interesting.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
More than a Micky D's - St Louis Arch theory, I think an Illuminati-Arch theory is more "grounded." The arch is half of an ellipsoid. The Illuminati are known to favour the mathematical "perfection" of spheres, ellipsoids, etc. Thus, it would be logical for them to have a say in the construction of a giant (half) ellipsoid.
Also, the building of such an arch relies heavily upon architechtural know-how: The keystone, load bearing, etc. Again, the Illuminati were believers in the deist ideal of "a great architect." I'd be interested in examining any linkage between the two.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Thomas Pynchon's "Gravity's Rainbow" details how the parabola as the trajectory of a rocket or missle that returns to earth . . .

Why St. Louis? St. Joseph was actually the jumping-off points for the wagon trains. so why build a monument in St. Louis?

There is a series of Degrees in the York Rite of Masonry, known as "Royal Arch Masonry." The connection with St. Louis is that the French St. was also the French King Luis VI, who was both 'royal' and 'holy.'

This royal/holy duality is celebrated in the arch or wicket that represents the doorway to initiation (doors of perception) as well as the fertilizing bower (sometimes made of crossed swords) under which the bride and groom pass on their way to consummate the marriage.

Louis and Clark passed that spot, in St. Louis on their way to the Pacific.

The title Lewis is used to denote the son of a mason who himself becomes a mason.

The arch lies just north of the 38th parallel, that ley line which represents opposition, both in Korea and in the U.S. in the form of the original Mason-Dixon line.

Althought the arch is supposed to be the gateway to the west, it is actually an attempt to join the two feet, north and south, in a fertilizing marriage of the royal and the holy.

how's that?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Very interesting.

The MacDonalds thing is a reach, but who knows.

The arch is a different matter.
There are subltle signs everywhere that point to a "different" purpose than just a "Gateway to the West"

Thanks for the input.
Anyone else know or find anything supporting this theory?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The arch is nothing more than a piece of modern art in the style of minimalism. BTW - in my US studies class, we watched a movie on culture in the 1950's, and there was a shot of McDonald's, and it only had one arch. Just an interesting little fact I thought I'd point out.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayer
The arch is nothing more than a piece of modern art in the style of minimalism.

Ohh...Stop raining on the conspiracy parade

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Have you ever read the book by Louis Lamour "Haunted Mesa"?

It is fiction, but in it he talks about the kiva's of the Anzai tribe that dissapeared in Arizona and introdeced the idea of "gateways" to another diminsion that was sorta like the same planet as earth but a different dimension.

In the story there were these certain "gateways" that led to the other side.

Yea it is a fiction work, but Louis tended to write about actual places or events. He didn't get too farfetched in hes works.
This bookk was way out of the ordinary for him, and those "gateways" remind me sorta of the St. Louis arch.....

Rain away!!! lol

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
so, ab2tw, are you imagining some kind of giant "SG-1" type dimensional gate?

Has anyone ever flown under the arch, and actually come out the other side?

Maybe the gate is not yet functional. Perhaps the park service should post a guard at the portal (I mean arch), to check for weapons, as well as copies of the Necronomicon. You never know when some young punque will try to invite a Soggoth into 3-space!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
lol

I would imagine that the arch is not a working gate, of course I have never been there so I do not know this conclusivly.

Actually they would be called the "varnal" not soggoth.

Again this is just speculation but has anyone else read "Haunted Mesa" or found any connections between the book and another event/place ?

(I am trying to hijack my own thread!! lol)
But still feel free to post regarding the arch.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Form follows function.

If you lay out the mathematical requirements for the arch; support strength, weight ratios, curve accelerations, etc. you will end up with why the arch is a particular curve (or parabola). That this parabola then matches up with Natural bodies is not coincindental. The spiral in a Sunflower is a mathematical equation, as is the pineapple links, as are the curve equations of a Rose, atlantic shrimp, a hurricane, or a given spiral galaxy.
Nature must use these equations in order to survive, and we must use these same equations in order for that arch to not come tumbling down.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's so clear now

Do you see it

Ronald McDonald is the Anti-Christ

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Aww, c'mon Duke. You didn't need to study the St. Louis Arch to figure that one out, didja?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The Typhonian O.T.O. is concerned with effective transmissions and communications from 'outerspace' for the purpose of opening Gateways. The Typhonian 'deities' denote specific operations of psycho-physical alchemy which involve essences or elixirs secreted (thrown out and/or considered unclean) by the human organism. Its formula is that of the XI� involving kalas that are entirely absent from the masculine organism.

Now that's a mouthful!!!!

Anyone know more about this particular organisation?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's called a parabolic arch, it's a natural shape. I don't think there's any conspiracy about it in any way. It is this shape so that in can support the height of it, and not need foundations. As you probably know, it is the worlds largest free-standing structure. It balances on two large concret feet, as I remember the guide saying.

I've been on the arch! I used to live near there. The elevator/lift is strange, it's a tube, and it rotates a couple of degrees every few feet when travelling up and down to compensate for the shape as it rises.

A plane did fly underneath it while I lived there, it was a local nut in a Cessna. Also, I personally witnessed parachutists passing under it at the 1983 US festival there.

It moves from side to side in the lightest breeze. When I was there, it was moving about a meter side to side every 10 seconds or so. It was most vomit inducing.

I guess it could be a huge alien radio doodad, but I noticed no heavy power equipment in the building or hum of electronics when at the top of the arch, which there would surely be if it was a giant radio.

But, it could equally be an alien radio thingamajig installed by Tesla for the Aliens working for the Illuminati as well, I suppose

$0.02

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Zzub]

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Zzub]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join