It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. Louis Arch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

For the Mayas, Xibalba, the place of horror, was the Underworld. Ball courts were connected with it and formed the gateway to this supernatural sphere, which was symbolically opened by the ball game. In it, the ball players defeat the Lords of Death and thus make Creation possible. The ball game was thus a metapher for victory over death. The ball game itself had several layers of meaning, stretching from a game played for entertainment to a religious ceremony, from courtly ritual to ordered fights between princes. It was played in architectually designed ball courts: each place of importance boasted at least one such court.

The first competition using a rubber ball was played 1500 years B.C. in Mesoamerica, which stretched south from central Mexico to El Salvador and Honduras. Besides other ball games, the one in which the ball was propelled with the hip was particularly popular. The rubber balls used for it were very bouncy and made the game very fast, particularly when the ball bounced off a wall or off the belt of a player. After the Spanish Conquest, these games were largely forgotten, surviving only in north-western Mexico. Today, the popularity of the ball game is again on the rise.
The artefacts on show are but a small selection from the collections of the Museum of Ethnology: equipment made of stone for players, a codex from Oaxaca, terracotta figures of players, ceramics depicting ritual ball games; they date from between 1000 B.C. to 1500 AD and were created by different cultures: e.g. the Nayarit from western Mexico, the El Tajin from Veracruz, the Mixtecs and the Maya. Photographs of ball courts and a video showing contemporary ball players from western Mexico playing the hip-game, will also be on show.

Xibalba = Shibalba
Shibalba is a place of the underworld in Louis's novel.

Look at the shape of the belt players wore on their hip in their ball-game.

This qouate caught my eye...... The ball game itself had several layers of meaning, stretching from a game played for entertainment to a religious ceremony, from courtly ritual to ordered fights between princes. It was played in architectually designed ball courts: each place of importance boasted at least one such court.

I wonder if they served BigMacs between innings!!! lol

Does anyone have additional info regarding the Xibalba or how they may tie in with the St. Louis Arch??

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Dude, I've gotta tell ya, that's quite a stretch.

I've studied a bit concerning the Mayan ballgame in question, and its parallels in the preceding Olmec culture.

Death was tied up in everything the Mayans did. By our standards you could say they were obsessed with it. So everything, every monument they built, is a testimony to the fight with death.

The ballcourt has a lot of astronomical symbolism. The ball bouncing around is like the perturbations of the moon's orbit. And they did sacrifice the losers of the game. But, their civilization was under insane population pressure. They sacrificed people all the time. people were cheap, food and security from enemies were what was priceless.

can't say there's any connection with the steel arch in St. Louis.

But if you want to talk about Cahokia, then maybe you can connect some dots....

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Abandoned city of the Ancient Anastazi (Navajo term for the "The Ancient Ones"), 3,000 meters high, built far back into a mountainside through solid rock. No one knows how they accomplished this feat, presumably with primitive tools. No one knows who they were, what they looked liked or why the populace of 3,000 abandoned this advanced city a millenium ago. Site located 35 east of Durango in Southwestern Colorado. The day we were here, the National Park Service and archaeologists were developing a map of the city and its dark, hidden streets, with the intent of transferring the map onto a CD to be made available to the public.

Found on a site talking about the bible code and end of time...lol

onealclan0.tripod.com...

Coincidental I am sure......

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok Cahokia sure did come out of left field!!

Actually I have more exposure to such than you think.
I was born not too many miles from Emerald Mound in Miss.
Check this sign out...www.spottie.net...

What about that native tribe down in TX that were cannabiles??

Just why did the Ananzi build their homes way up on those cliffs??

They must have been deathly afraid of some sort of evil!!!

The bible talks sometimes about "things under the earth".
Maybe there is more to that than meets the eye!!!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Found on a site talking about the bible code and end of time...lol

pretty funny site actually.
They have a "countdown to the end of day's clock" that never stops revolving!
And a lot of imagery respective of "The Matrix".
And, Tim LaHaye, think i read somewhere on ATS where he may be a pawn of the Illuminati, propigating the "rapture" theory to help prepare people for the impending "Project Blue Beam",
i know this digresses from the original topic, just found the website, somewhat "funny"!!

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Never heard of "Project Blue Beam"

The "Left Behind" series cracks my up because NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE HOUR.

Why write fiction works other than to distort the truth.

I will have to take a look at "Blue Beam"

I do notice that Lahay has been to the mayan temples as well. Also did you take a look at the "celebrities" that they have posed with??
Odd. If you believe in mind control there are some classical cases!!!

Just a thought but what if beings or "Anzai" from another diminsion infiltrated our diminsion and were aware of the impending return of Christ??
Wouldn't they want to be in charge of hell?
Isn't the earth going to be turned to fire and burn with a ferverent heat??
I wonder if satan or these beings from another diminsion think they can establish themselves on top of the pecking order once Christ does return???

OK now I am hijaking my thread a 2nd time!!!!

honestly though I think all things time together more closely than we realize!!!!

Any other good theories or stories or clues about the St. Louis Arch, Haunted mesa/Ananzi, or Mound-builders?? (ok even the lahaie's are fair game)

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ok what about this!!!

Go ahead and try to tell me that astrology has nothing to do with American architecture!!!

Explanation: Today, if it is clear, Manhattan will flood dramatically with sunlight just as the Sun sets precisely on the centerline of every street. Usually, the tall buildings that line the gridded streets of New York City's tallest borough will hide the setting Sun. This effect makes Manhattan a type of modern Stonehenge, although only aligned to about 30 degrees east of north. Were Manhattan's road grid perfectly aligned to east and west, today's effect would occur on the Vernal and Autumnal Equinox, March 21 and September 21, the only two days that the Sun rises and sets due east and west. If today's sunset is hidden by clouds do not despair -- the same thing happens every May 28 and July 12. On none of these occasions, however, should you ever look directly at the Sun.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ok I have done a little research on Cahokia and here are a few interesting tidbits.

The mounds have always been captivating. In 1911, the Monks of Cahokia organized themselves to preserve the mounds. "Members included business and professional men who dressed in hooded monks' robes to hold secret meetings and rituals atop Monks Mound," one newspaper said. The group wanted a national park at Cahokia, but settled for state park status as of 1925. Since 1976, it has been a state historic site.

masons?? kkk??? oddfellows???

...St. Louis, where 26 mounds were reported to have once been located on the city's near north, and 17 low mounds in what is now Forest Park.

hmm I reckon that there is a tie in with St. Louis and the mounds....

Etowah Mounds of Cartersville, Georgia, USA
These were made during the same Mississippian Temple Mound Building Period, as were mounds at Moundville (near Tuscaloosa, Alabama) and at Cahokia � roughly 700 AD to 1400 AD.

The six flat-topped earthen knolls and a plaza were used for rituals by several thousand Native Americans between 1000 and 1500 A.D. The largest mound has a height of 63 feet. Only nine percent of this site has been excavated, but we already know that the mounds have caves underneath them as do some Mayan and Giza pyramids.

It may also just be a coincidence, but there is a Limonite mine at Etowah. Limonite is a iron-bearing ore with a very special use - as radiation shielding for atomic bomb tests, nuclear reactors and space stations. It is also what gives Mars its red color.

Does anyone have any hints or additional research on this???

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Austin Hollow is the only location in Illinois where petroglyphs of the mace or war club have been discovered. The uniqueness of this image suggests that, similar to the historic period Chickasaw and Creek, Mississippian leaders or their warriors, for a purpose such as war, may have been attempting to obtain power from dangerous Under World spirit beings living in the spring.

Interesting

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you were to cut diagionally across the arch, you would find that it is made up of a series of triangles. The triangle is where it gets the strength for the support. No real mystery there, if you look at radio station antennas or high tension power lines, you'll see plenty of triangles. Basic engineering.

BTW-I flew a AF simulator through the arch. Inverted! Didn't even crash.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
SWEET!!!

Did you come out in another dimension??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join