It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colloidal Silver?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

So you're medically trained and happy to ignore very clear, well tested evidence to show that consuming colloidal silver, over time can lead to going a greyish blue colour, kidney failure and various other problems. That seems extremely strange.

It's an unfair question as someone already linked two videos of a guy that turned a smurf like colour but i'm interested as to how you will answer it.

This is absolutely correct. However, It is well know that taking colloidal silver continuously over a long period of time without adequate water intake can lead to argeria. There is also evidence of argeria in people who have tried to make it themselves and used tap water...a definite no no.

Colloidal silver however has not met the same test, it's very damaging adverse effects however are well documented.

The Mayo Clinic puts together research from numerous sources and addresses it in a neutral fashion. They are one of the best neutral sources you will find.

Show me the research. There was no documentation of any research done by the Mayo clinic in the Mayo Clinic article you presented.

I did a brief google search for research on colloidal silver and found nothing other than those who support colloidal silver. When looking for research this is not good enough for me.

Show me some research by independent researchers. And not just one but multiple showing the same result.

Until then, I will go with not just my own, but the multitude of anecdotal information.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
Show me the research. There was no documentation of any research done by the Mayo clinic in the Mayo Clinic article you presented.

I did a brief google search for research on colloidal silver and found nothing other than those who support colloidal silver. When looking for research this is not good enough for me.

I found a number of papers, peer reviewed proper papers that say there is no medical evidence for the effectiveness of colloidal silver. They are paid for articles however *sighs* but i will link them anyway and you can decide to pay for them or not. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to pay money

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, I am now very skeptical about colloidal silver. My wife had a very bad cold and I decided to start taking colloidal silver, 10mg of vitamin C, Zinc, grape seed extract, vitamin D while I was healthy.

I started to get a sore throat, so kept on taking this cocktail however, the disease progressed until I too was very ill from the cold with full sinus congestion. In the end, I had to take Tylenol for the fever, and cold-flu medicine to get rid of the congestion.

From what I read, doing this should have totally defied me catching this from my wife, but in the end after spending all the cash on the cocktail of vitamins and colloidal silver, all I got was sick.

I wanted to test it, because if it worked then it has to work for other illnesses. I am willing to give it that much, but now I think better that maybe everything we read on the internet is really just fluff...

At least right now I am not blue with envy for those who claim colloidal silver is a success.

Personally, if you get sick, you get sick... but the cold medicine and Tylenol did get rid of the fever and congestion where the vitamins and silver did not.

Hmmm....

What to believe based on personal experience.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am a huge fan of colloidal silver - I use it every day! Ever since I started using it (in conjunction with my other vitamins of course), I have not gotten sick once! I make my own silver with a really good little machine that I researched and determined to be of good quality for making a good product. I would DEFINITELY recommend silver to ANYBODY (although most people think I'm crazy, however I think they are crazy for not acknowledging that I am never sick and they always are.)

I also would object to the notion that silver negatively effects the good intestinal flora and bacteria. I think that silver only destroys the bad bacteria and I say that mostly from personal experience rather than scientific proof. I really don't think it is messing up my system and I know what a messed up system is like having had one many years prior to learning more about health.

I hope this is helpful to both you and the other readers who are interested. My favorite supplements are colloidal silver, vitamin D3, astaxanthin (a good natural sunburn stopper and antioxidant), and of course vitamin C. There are many other good ones but those are my top ones for immune system health. I also like colostrum and raw milk.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by arroyofly

Agrees completely with you on this.. my son doesnt get ill when the school year begins and all the other kids around him are sick, he may have a cough or a stuffy nose a day or less but it doesnt get worse and it goes away quickly. Same goes for myself and husband, people at work are constantly getting sick from one thing or another, yet we remain fine...any slight virus or cold sympttoms pass completely within hours instead of days, or weeks or even for months as i have seen in friends before.. Mind you, we all did keep our immune systems up to par so to say, before the colloidal silver, but the drastic benefits have been very noticed.
As for the negative effects mentioned in the previous post due to the person using regular tap water and not preparing the items needed properly, one can not blame the silver for that! the moron should have looked into how to make the water correctly! Stupid people tend to give most things bad reps.. hell they are who all the worlds silly little warning labels are for...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I´m afraid you know zero about the subject you so fervently are trying to scare people into stop using, go read something before making such "authoritative" posts.

There is no risk whatsoever from proper usage of proper COLLOIDAL silver that you will get argyria. A little lesson: argyria is actually silver that gets deposited on the skin, thus causing that coloration. You need the actual metal going inside of you, not SILVER IONS IN LOW CONCENTRATIONS (the called colloidal silver, another lesson for you). That guy in the video ACTUALLY WANTED TO BECOME BLUE; HE DID THAT ON PURPOSE. That happens if you take MASSIVE DOSES of incorrectly manufactured CS, like not using proper distilled water, or adding salts to the process (thats a big no-no).

Bottom point: Follow a decent guide, know what you are doing, NO RISK WHATSOEVER. Any idiot can do it.

Your posts amount to saying DONT DRIVE CARS, IF YOU CRASH INTO A WALL YOU GET INJURED. However, drive the car PROPERLY, and the risk is very low of any injury.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Okay, I hit the wrong button and lost all my links so I am not going after them again.

Your first article was in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine. Hardly a study, more one of anecdotal evidence about Argyia. I am guessing by the title and because of the journal it was in.

The second link was to CDC from 1999 simply saying they had no scientific evidence colloidal silver worked. Not a big surprise there.

Many hospitals use silver coated catheters for bladder drainage because it cuts down on bladder infections in the short term. Hospitals also use silver coated dressings on wounds to prevent infection.

Silver thread are used in some clothing now.

Silver is bacteriostatic, meaning it inhibits the growth and/or reproduction of bacteria. Colloidal silver attracts the bacteria and carries it out of the system. It does not kill it. The effectiveness is going to depend on how much you take in relation to how infected you are.

It can be great in the beginning to keep you from getting an infection or preventing one from getting worse, but if it doesn't work early, it probably is not going to due to the overwhelming amount of bacteria.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

We're talking about silver ingestion, not topical applications. Once again, the dangers of ingesting colloidal silver are well documented. As to those people still blindly stating that there is no harm, please watch the video of the blue guy again and to the individual who said that the guy wanted to be blue, you're a fool. The guy hated being blue, he had withdrawn from society until the media attention made him feel he could be more accepted.

It turns you blue, without doubt, without question and the only reason people are denying that fact is because they are exhibiting the same pathological need to protect something they believe in, even when the evidence says it's dangerous. Some people when they hear "this is a miracle that the big drug companies don't want you to know about" will swallow anything. I'm beginning to think i should market something to the more insane fringe of the conspiracy movement.

That isn't me mocking the conspiracy movement,t here are some genuine conspiracies out there, some really interesting ones but there is a certain fringe who will buy any rubbish if it iws wrapped up in the correct words.

Yep i'm off to plan a marketting strategy, just have to find something to sell

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Skip the silver, get 35% "food grade" hydrogen peroxide and dilute accordingly.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I will repeat what I said before. If silver is taken continuously over a long period of time or if it is homemade improperly, it can turn you blue. It is a side effect of improperly made or improperly used (as overdosed) colloidal silver. And some people take silver solution and not colloidal silver.

I recall a video by a congressman who turned blue taking silver. He made it himself using tap water. This would never, ever be recommended.

The new colloidal silver products use nano particles and are not as strong so you do have to take more but they are easily removed from your body.

A correction to my earlier post. The bacteriostatic effect is mostly in silver impregnated products. Colloidal silver does kill the bacteria.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Colloidal Silver is some what anti-viral and anti-bacterial but if over used you can develop a small problem, ie. Yeast Infections, Herpes. Although Colloidal Silver is good for many things, it can upset your natural flora in your intestines so It would be prudent to look at other herbal anti-viral's such as Larrea Tridentata, Graviola, Oil of Oreganol, H2O2 food grade cut by 1/2, Quericine activated, Oxy-7, There are contrary to what most doctors tell you herbal anti-viral's that work. Do the research for yourself by hitting the I-net now. Just remember any of the herbal anti-viral's , if taken for to long a period can cause damage to your system so research them to your complete satisfaction before you use them. Good Luck..KMG

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have used collodial silver, but more importantly I was also using collodial minerals, taking a small amount with my fruit juice. While on such I felt good, was in excellent health. Now I think based off of what I saw, the guy took way too much of collodial silver, instead of a small amount every day. I also find it kind of funny that some of the medical supply companies are putting collodial silver gel in things like bandages, as it does help kill bactera and viruses.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Paul Karason turned blue from extreme overuse from what I understand.
As with anything, too much is no good.
I too make it and take with nothing but positive effects for many years now.
I know many people who can say the same.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
No it isnt simply 'protecting something we believe in' as you stated earlier, i am standing up for it because through personal experiences it was worked amazingly well.. science certainly isnt everything, hell they still cant suss out what the human soul is.. so does that make it bad, wrong or not real? hardly.. As with everything i would imagine , CS may not be for use by everyone, hormones and body chemicals make such things react different to each individual, also depending how ill you are..And yes, the guy who turned blue was making the water improperly, therefor the harsh side effect, had he studied and researched before starting to make the CS he more likely than not would have been just fine. again, you cant blame the 'potion' for an idiots misuse of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by liveandlearn

It turns you blue, without doubt, without question

Another authoritative type post, without knowing jack of what you are talking about. People are trying to educate you, but your blindness prevents it from coming through.
That quote is a perfect example. Have you ANY effing idea how many people worldwide have been taking CS for years and years? And how many cases of argyria (FROM COLLOIDAL SILVER, caps to help you reading)? Yeah, without doubt, without question

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
No it isnt simply 'protecting something we believe in' as you stated earlier, i am standing up for it because through personal experiences it was worked amazingly well.. science certainly isnt everything, hell they still cant suss out what the human soul is.. so does that make it bad, wrong or not real? hardly.. As with everything i would imagine , CS may not be for use by everyone, hormones and body chemicals make such things react different to each individual, also depending how ill you are..And yes, the guy who turned blue was making the water improperly, therefor the harsh side effect, had he studied and researched before starting to make the CS he more likely than not would have been just fine. again, you cant blame the 'potion' for an idiots misuse of it.

Its like I said before, I bet this guy will start campaigning against something like water, next. Because, you know, too much water and you may die! Mayo clinic says so!
Oh which reminds me, for those with an unhealthy fixation on mayo clinic:
Just as coincidence, I have been studying the amazing cancer fighting properties of vitamin C. There is a growing body of evidence supporting it, so the "awesome" mayo decided to test it. Sure enough, they botched it completely, and made a useless study, because they decided to apply vitamin C orally, when ALL THE EVIDENCE AND PRIOR STUDIES clearly showed you need to inject the vitamin C into the bloodstream for the real results to show up. This was just off the top of my head.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

Yes i do know how many people, i also know they are taking very small doses and it will take maybe 3 or 4 decades before they start turning blue, i also know that many of them have been ripped off and whilst they think they are taking silver have been taking no such thing. I also know there have been no studies looking at the health of these people long term.

so before you try the mocking posts again why don't you back it up with something just as i have. I have linked studies, a guy earlier linked a video, what evidence do you have?

My posts sound authorative because they are actually backed by science, they are backed by studies. But hey you continue your personal shots instead of addressing the facts.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart

Its like I said before, I bet this guy will start campaigning against something like water, next. Because, you know, too much water and you may die! Mayo clinic says so!

Ahh appeal to ridicule, one of the lowest forms of debate. At least i have tried to stick to the science, it's interesting to see how when views without any scientific backing are questioned these tactics are often used.

Originally posted by Rikhart
Oh which reminds me, for those with an unhealthy fixation on mayo clinic:
Just as coincidence, I have been studying the amazing cancer fighting properties of vitamin C. There is a growing body of evidence supporting it, so the "awesome" mayo decided to test it. Sure enough, they botched it completely, and made a useless study, because they decided to apply vitamin C orally, when ALL THE EVIDENCE AND PRIOR STUDIES clearly showed you need to inject the vitamin C into the bloodstream for the real results to show up. This was just off the top of my head.

Please link this so i can review it, i have never heard of the MayoClinic doing this study and i would be most interested to read it.

Finall remember that the people taking colloidal silver may not show outward signs of agryia, maybe it is only their internal organs that have turned a lovely shade of grey/blue. In time maybe this will spread to their skin or maybe their kidneys will just shut down.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
REMINDER

Whether you are pro or con on this subject, Courtesy Is Mandatory

It is always better to discuss the topic and not the poster

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You can read an abstract mentioning the faulty mayo study on vitamin C´s cancer fighting properties here: www.cmaj.ca... (just select read pdf on the right).

The facts are very simple: You and some others insist that colloidal silver is very dangerous, and a public hazard.
However the simple facts are that a gigantic number of people (I would hazzard millions, but lets be conservative and call it hundreds of thousands) have taken CS for decades now, and you can count the cases of argyria with your hands (originating from CS consumption, naturally). (Please note, I do not mean silver salts, or the vast amounts of other silver containing remedies) Or kidney failure. Do you have any idea how safe these facts make this product? Its enough to label it harmless. Meanwhile, you have a very great percentage of the drugs you buy in a pharmacy, with great numbers of casualties every year. Hell, read the "secondary effects" part of many drugs, on many of them quaint little things like HEART ATTACK, and others, pop up.
As to the bacteria fighting properties of silver, I deem it useless to discuss. Its completely proven and established, and has been for a long time now.
So, attack it all you want, but properly made and taken colloidal silver is absolutely safe, and with proven results on a number of conditions.

Edit for more!

Colloidal Silver: Where does it go when you drink it? How long does it stay there? a short medical study (10 pages) by Roger Altman, Eng. Sc. D., who took the task upon himself to find out the answers to the above questions by making careful measurements of the silver that he consumed and the silver that he excreted in urine, feces, hair, nails, sweat, etc. From his carefully collected data, we now have an indication of how well the body uses and eliminates colloidal silver, and of what might constitute "safe" levels of daily consumption so as to avoid silver buildup and potential toxicity in the human body. This study provides only one set of measurements on one individual, and therefore may not be applicable to other people because of bio-individuality. Nevertheless, it is fascinating data which has been carefully obtained by a scientifically trained individual using modern analytical tools. It suggests that a healthy adult can consume approximately 2 mg. of colloidal silver per day without risk, barring problems such as kidney or bowel disease that could inhibit the body's normal elimination channels. Since 1 one tsp. of 10 ppm colloidal silver contains approximately 50 micrograms of silver, it would take approximately 40 tsps. of 10 ppm colloidal silver to make 2 mg. To purchase a copy of this study (price not indicated), contact Roger Altman by email at: [email protected]

from www.thesilveredge.com...

Do you see what I mean now? Dont be an idiot, and CS will NEVER harm you.

Also a great deal more information at www.silver-colloids.com... , containing lots of references to medical studies on CS.

I also appologize if I came off as insulting at any given moment,my intent was merely to avoid anyone being scared from CS usage, which is perfectly safe, WHEN PROPERLY MADE AND TAKEN.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Rikhart]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join