It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colloidal Silver?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

Well i could go and find out more studies, link them all but in the end your viewpoint won't change, you will continue to think it is safe and tell everyone it is. The sad part is that this will eventually lead to someone having trouble. Continuing would be futile so i will simply agree to disagree and bow out.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its been a little while now since i first posted this thread, and havent been to it in awhile either.. but wanted to share this with anyone interested..

I know i have been told by many that 'Silver Water' as we usually call it at home, doesnt work, is a silly idea and so on...but i am seeing huge differences.. the past 2 weeks a wicked nasty stomach virus has beeing going around affecting people, and children all over the village and surrounding one,, yet none of us fell ill with this or any other typical winter illness that most everyone else around us had and was carrying...we do eat right, and take care of our immune system as well, but the coidial siver seems to greatly rebalance the system in general to combat any intruders.. so yeah, so far so good on that ..

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It does work as an antiseptic and infection killer indeed, and I have used it on and off for saome years.

I think the secret to it is to ensure a good diet, good exercise and also to do some sort of Yoga and or Tai Chi meditation.

Also use normal preventatives such as Echinecea for the long term immune boost, and then to use the silver for as you do Cleansing hands and surfaces, and also when a new bug is around, or on the first signs of something not right.

The long term daily use I think is a bit dangerous, esp if you are giving it to a young person. The silver may stop them picking up some infections, so his immune system wont learn how to protect him properly without help if he catchs it again.

For adults it is fine however I have reservations for those who are not fully formed yet in their immune response.

Good luck with it and dont go all smurf like lol.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hi,

Anyone has tried

Silver solution by Nutronix and any idea if it is effective or fake and

Link here
www.nutronix.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wonder if some of the Hindu Gods consumed colloidal silver?

Example:

img.dailymail.co.uk...

They seem to have the same bluish skin as the man someone posted an image of on page 1.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I do believe (actually know) that silver kills bacteria and virii, but that does not mean we should take it constantly.

Take it when you need it

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was suffering kidney failure due to congestive heart disease and looked like dying 6-7 years back. The doctor had given up, told me to relax and enjoy my last few weeks. My health had deteriorated too badly for transplants to be an option.

The relax and enjoy myself bit was a laugh. My legs had swollen with fluid so I could hardly move, my feet were like basketballs, my belly was swollen with ascites like i was expecting a litter, sheets of skin were falling from my abdomen, leaving me raw, I had a constant migraine and was drowning with lungs filling with fluid.

I'm not sure how much the colloidal silver I went on then helped, but I've largely recovered, and not turned blue or grey.

I credit part of the healing to an amazing case of hands on healing and part to eliminating tap water from out family's diet.

In my condition, if the colloidal silver had done my kidneys any harm, I'd not have survived at all.

The refrigerator I've had for ~ the last 4 years sprays colloidal silver over everything. There are no reports yet of this doing anyone any harm.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I wonder if some of the Hindu Gods consumed colloidal silver?

Example:

img.dailymail.co.uk...

They seem to have the same bluish skin as the man someone posted an image of on page 1.

Seriously, that makes me wonder.

Or - could an alien race use silver as we use iron, to combine with oxygen to transport oxygen around the body?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I make my own colloidal silver as well.

However, I use it for my various botanical breeding projects...not for ingestion.

For healing myself, I like to use cardiovascular exercise; best preventative measure I've ever taken.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Thank you for that info, i will keep it in mind, anything that keeps ones body able and functiioning healthy is always a good thing.. i do at times use silver water (as i shorten the term for it to)! topically, cuts, or burns.. and i have been impressed with its very high healing rate for many things.. we have not been over 2 years of taking a small dose each day, doubling that dose when an illness is going around.. it helps out the immune system in certain ways as well from what i understood..and has certainly proven its worth since begining treatment!.. if i may ask of course, in what ways do you use it? i have wondered if it using a shotglass or so of it into watering certain plants.. research is needed me things.

thanks again for the advice on that

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
S&F Nice to see this thread OP !

Personally i have been making CS with a tiny unit i bought , and using distilled water , i have been using it for a year and my health has improved ! I take it every day a few ounces and sometimes up to 5 times a day , I am Not Blue ! And it is not a placebo effect because i didn't believe in it !!!!
silver to be used must be 99.999 only with distilled water !

I have recommend this to many people and they all had startling results , one person is now off 7 medications and can now walk , yes walk because before she could not feet and legs were swollen and sores preventing from standing , among other things to long to mention , her doctor although skeptic a first stoped most of her meds and told her to continue..... others too have had great results but that one was very special as we seen the changes that started in less then 24 hours ! And if this was not true i would never ever write this in fear that someone would get sick or die from it but i know its safe !!!!

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Rocker-Mtl]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The TRUTH About Colloidal Silver
The truth is, silver—whether “colloidal” or not—serves no known function in the human body. It’s not an essential mineral and doesn’t need to be supplemented by taking expensive (and potentially dangerous) colloidal silver supplements.

And colloidal silver can have side effects like seizures, kidney damage, and skin irritation. It can also cause a harmless but irreversible skin discoloration known as argyria.
Additionally, colloidal silver can interfere with your body’s ability to absorb certain types of medications.

These are only a few of the reasons why, in 1999, the FDA issued a ruling stating that no colloidal silver products are considered “safe” or “effective”. In the years since, both the FDA and FTC have issued numerous warnings to companies hawking colloidal silver products via web sites, brochures and flyers.

Source: www.lisabarger.com...

Quakwatch on Colloidal Silver:
Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
There is no evidence colloidal silver, ingested or injected will cure or even reduce the symptoms of anything. It can in fact be highly dangerous!

[edit on 11-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

I had a black mole sort of growth on my shoulder for years. it was the size of my little finger nail. i forget the name the doctor gave it but it was a very long name.

i took colloidal silver for 6 months (home made)at which point i absentmindedly reached up to scratch it and it was gone. totally. it had been there for many years. and no after effects.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Like most People here say, take it in moderation.

The debate if it is dangerous or not is totally biased, take vitamin A for example, good for your eyes, but take too much and you'll go blind.

And so it is with alcohol, very bad for your kidneys but drinking a glass of red wine a day has been proven to be very beneficial to your health.

Just on a side note, I've been researching colloidal silver generators for many years now and agree that 30 volts is an ideal voltage for production, but have found that many generators give way too high amperage.

Ideally, you want to maintain around or below 1 milliamp, which takes longer but the particle size produced is smaller, which is what you want.

And don't use tap water, that can create Silver nitrate, if memory serves me well, a poison.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Exactly, nothing is good for you if you take too much of anything really, but we make quite a low dosage form of CS using a small kit we bought well over a year ago now..distilled water only, and pure silver wire. I was seriously very skeptical of this doing anything when my partner made the plan to try it.. none of us were in ill health, with pretty good immune systems, but we would still get various colds or stomach viruses to an extent during the season..and by now, i would have to say its proven itself, which i wasnt at first expecting at all lol..a shot glass of it every other day, held under our tongue to the count of 5 or 10. So far so good.. but just because it works for some doesnt mean it works for everyone so i dont go around playing 'natural physician' but even for topical use instead of ingesting it, in a spray bottle or as one would use an antibiotic cream for cuts or burns and skin irritations..
Thank you for your thoughts on this, i am glad you stopped by

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You seen to be quite against the use of CS.
You are right on your part of the query, but i must tell you that the problems about which you are stating are basically due to the impurities present in the CS used. The impurities are imparted in the process of obtaining the spark in the process of creating CS.
The self prepared one`s posses absolutely no threat to the humans however.
I`ve been using it with absolutely no side-effects.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This is all very interesting. Like the potions and tonics back in the day. But at least those would get you high with all the opium and coc aine they contained.

This silver and mms thing is like the big tonic market was. But the motivation/justification has changed. Back then it was because there really wasn't anything else never the doctor was just going to pump you full of opiates. Now it's that the big pharma's don't want you to have some miracle cure. A motivation that is certainly sound. And one that I believe applies or would apply if the products in question actually did anything.

I don't believe cs or mms do anything and I haven't yet seen and studies or tests from a reputable source to convince me otherwise. Word of mouth isn't enough for me given how many variables influence peoples word.

I want to see real science. Not witchcraft and "teatimonials."

In the meantime folks can go ahead and consume whatever they want. It's not my place to tell others how they should be treating themselves.

I would love to know these things worked. But at this point there's too much faith and religion and not enough fact or science.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Colloidal Silver is a quack cure! Look at the website quackwatch and other things online about it. I wouldn't use it,I don't want to turn gray,literally

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Nice thread Full Vision.

Collodial silver should be made by the person wanting to take collodial silver, not by purchasing it over the counter because many sellers of collodial silver don't have any silver in the water when tested by laboratories.

Collodial silver is extremely easy, cheap and quick to make.

You can use tap water if you want, because the silver only kills bacteria, and it kills "ALL" bacteria, good and bad; so you should only take it when you personally feel like you need to take it, but don't take it all the time.

You can make a glass of it in about 1-2 minutes by following these simple proceedures.

You will need 1 9-volt battery for about $3. You will need two alligator clips which you can purchase at Walmart back in the automotive section for about $1.50. You will need 2 one ounce .999 fine bullion bars or coins that can be purchased at any coin shop for about $20 each currently, and a glass of water.

Attach one end of one alligator clip to a .999 fine bullion bar or coin and the other end to the negative on the 9-volt battery. Get the other alligator clip and attach one end to the other .999 bullion bar or coin and the other end of the alligator clip to the positive post of the 9-volt battery. Now dunk the two .999 fine bullion bars or coins into the water and keep them separated, but keep the alligator clips themselves up out of the water. You will instantly see the silver ions going off of the silver into the water. In about a minute or so pull the silver out of the water and take the alligator clips off of the battery to save it from shorting when not in use. Now you have the finest colloidial silver water in the world sitting right in front of you. You can stir it with a spoon before drinking if you wish.

You will see that the surface area of the silver coins or bars has tarnished from use in the water. Right before using them the next time, clean off the tarnish by rubbing the coins or bars between your fingers with just a little tooth paste on them to get the tarnish off and to make them shiny again. Making collodial silver only works if its coming off of shiny silver surfaces, not from tarnished surfaces.

The coins or bullion bars will last you forever, you will never need to buy silver again to make colloidial water. Many years down the road, you can resale the silver if you wish, so you should actually buy silver bullion coins like the American Eagles that have a date on them, just in case the date should be rare some day. Bullion bars on the other hand will only be good for bullion prices, now and in the future.

If you are a survivalist or a person who goes into the wild, this same equipment which is cheap and can fit in your pocket could be very essential to your survival if used in the same manner as stated above. If you are without water and you need water and can get it out of a stream or somewhere else, then use this system to kill all of the bacteria in the water. BUT...... let the collodial water sit for 20 minutes though, before you drink if from a stream or river, just to make sure the silver in the water kills all of the bacteria in the water before you drink it.

Usually when people make collodial silver water they are trying to kill germs and bacteria that are in their body already; but when you are out in the wild, you will need to let the colloidial silver water sit for twenty minutes to kill all of the bacteria that you might get from the bad water before you drink the bad water.

There are a lot of cool books in "google books" that talk about the medical aspects of collodial silver or CS; here is one of them:

books.google.com... snum=1&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

[edit on 8-9-2010 by RussianScientists]

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As of today, there are apparently no clinical trials using colloidal silver that are backed and officially recognized by the FDA.

The University of Nuevo Leon in Mexico has researched silver nano particles and has come to the conclusion that silver is anti viral and anti bacterial, and KILLs HIV. This University is extremely well respected by Europeans and Latin America and is known for its unbiased and meticulous research.

www.jnanobiotechnology.com...

In spite of excellent undisputed clinical trials done at the “Harvard of Mexico” the FDA and American institutions choose to ignore the findings of this well respected institution.

Aside from these impeccable research done in silver by the University of Nuevo Leon there are, however, several private and public institutions, scientific literatures, and lab testing (at least in a lab setting) in the USA that support this wonder drug positively (or negatively in occasional instances).

That means colloidal silver is relatively proven, despite overwhelming success stories that tout colloidal silver is a wonder drug that can cure diseases. If you are considering to supplement your health regimen with colloidal silver, it is best to consult any health practitioner first to make sure that you are not allergic to silver.
Why is a tentative approach for colloidal silver being recommended? Everything explains. Here are the facts about Colloidal Silver.

Colloidal silver has seen extensive use over the years, as early as the middle ages. It was found that silver prohibits the propagation of simple cell organisms, mainly by ceasing its oxygen metabolism function. However, due to the advent of penicillin and the discovery that silver causes Argyria, colloidal silver ceased being used extensively in medicine. All these support colloidal silver’s property as a microbe killer.

What must be noted also is that silver has been documented to have been used in Medical Text books as early as 1914. With almost one hundred years of Colloidal Silver Use, and less than a handful of cases that have no explanation as to why or how those 50 year old pictures of people with argyria contracted that disease, the case against colloidal silver is completely unmerited.

The case FOR colloidal silver has been re-established by the University of Neuvo Leon Mexico., an reinforces what the “Pro Silver” movement has been saying all along: Colloidal Silver is good for the human body to help establish a balanced immune system.

Silver is relatively safe as long as the use if not abused, such as in the case of Paul Karason, the “Blue Man” in which he intention drank gallons upon gallons of colloidal silver chemicals, added sun tan lotion all in an effort to turn blue.

It is suspected that Paul benefitted greatly by money that was given to private institutions by large pharmaceutical companies to downplay or to “bash” the colloidal silver industry.

While the traditional colloidal silver industry produces Chemically Made Colloidal Silver, which contain “Nano Particles” (nano particles are about 59 atoms in size), there is a new method of producing colloidal silver that involves NO chemicals, No Catalysts, and No Salts or proteins.

That method produces Colloidal Silver Monatomic Atoms, much to large to detect by conventional method, and can only be verified by doing chemical tests that involve adding salt to “bond” the monatomic particles into the salt particles, which can then be burned and tested for silver or gold.

Colloidal Silver Atoms aka Colloidal Silver 3000 PPM is the safest and most concentrated colloidal silver product that has no chemicals added to produce the monatomic particles.

Again, there are no clinical trials using colloidal silver that are backed and officially recognized by the FDA. And if there would be some occurring soon, it will still be moot point. Take note that the FDA has been taking action against those colloidal silver retailers that makes unwarranted drug claims for their products. And also take note that the effects of Argyria are real, but the healing claims are still inconsistent and biased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join