It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much anti U.S sentiment and "anti" period

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Add to that at least 95% of the posters who attack or display hatred towards Australia and Australians are American. I rarely ever get attacked by Europeans, Asians, Africans or the rest of the world for that matter - it is 95% primarily Americans.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Add to that at least 95% of the posters who attack or display hatred towards Australia and Australians are American. I rarely ever get attacked by Europeans, Asians, Africans or the rest of the world for that matter - it is 95% primarily Americans.

There seems to be a massive disconnect or blind spot in all this. It just seems like some Americans can't or won't see this.

EDITED to add the word some. I won't generalise if I can help it!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its not good to just lump everyone together, but its obvious that the US government is evil to say the least. While I dont like blaming people, you also must take into account that the only reason why the current State in the US is supported is due to ideology.

People project authority on to it. If people really wanted all the killing, violence, coercion, wars and extortion to stop, thats all you have to do is just stop taking part. But the silence from the masses is defining. All it is is obedient consent.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

The United States acts like a rabid dog on the world scene

You really can't argue with this type of hatred, you can only hope that it doesn't turn into violence.

PS - We just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Rabid dog, out.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

You really can't argue with this type of hatred, you can only hope that it doesn't turn into violence.

Rabid dog, out.

I like how everybody hates the U.S. until they are in trouble. As a fellow
rabid dog,our bite is worse than our bark!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Rabid dog, out.

I agree with what Copernicus said as long as it relates only to policy, which unfortunately is still ongoing in the case of Bush.

In other words, I have no problem with America or Americans, only the policies of some of the leaders - and that goes for my own country as well.

And when you look at what Bush did during his time in office, it's little surprise that world opinion is what it is, Blair, Brown and the UK's image got off quite lightly in comparison, considering we played quite a part in the invasions etc.

PS - Al Gore also won a Nobel prize for AIT, which shows just how much it's worth.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
And when you look at what Bush did during his time in office, it's little surprise that world opinion is what it is, Blair, Brown and the UK's image got off quite lightly in comparison, considering we played quite a part in the invasions etc.

I'm not sure we did get off lightly, it's just that we no longer notice it. Think of the way European governments treat us and think about the one-way nature of the US-UK 'special relationship'; how would we know if people had it in for us or not? Would it feel any different?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If there are a variety of pests in your vicinity, the biggest and nastiest is the one that will get your attention the most. America, on the world stage of late, that is you, in case you didn't know.

American culture, carefully scripted by the PTB, has always been full of "America the Great", "America the Beautiful" and "we are the best" type of propaganda, way more than any other society in the world. That propaganda has largely been successful. Not every American, but most for sure, have bought the mind
ing hook line and sinker, and are woefully unaware of what their lovely government has been doing around the world in secrecy. They don't understand why the world doesn't like them because they are in fact, for the most part, totally ignorant of the reality.

They are so brainwashed that most in "middle" America have been ever so glad to send their very own children to die in wars of very questionable causes; except that they do not question their government.

Damn right we are pissed off at you guys. I am not in favour of kicking someone when they are upright let alone when they are "down", but lots of others will gladly do so.

The criticism isn't going to end. On the contrary it is going to get more severe the weaker you get.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

It's true, it's like unless you agree 100% with their anti-American, anti-Israeli sentiments, then you "must" be CIA/MOSSAD. It's the kind of responses which would deservedly get somebody locked up for insanity! It's not like there's really a middle ground anymore, where you can disagree and agree on certain aspects.

It's illogical for people to be either for or against countries whilst disregarding important facts, yet the few seem to have forced the majority to become that way in order to integrate with the "ATS community". People here seem to be think fitting in is more appropriate than engaging their brains. People shouldn't fit into a few separate boxes or categories, yet people try and force others in those categories for what appears to be selfish reasons to fit the world around their beliefs. You could almost call it a religion, as it works very much the same way.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Interesting point you make there. Yes, I do have a superiority 'tick' in my personality. I am intellectually superior to an awful lot of people. Their loss, not mine. However, I am intellectually inferior to another huge quantity of people. My loss, not theirs.

I do have enough intelligence to be able (most of the time) to contribute on forums such as these in a constructive manner. In comparison, I do see an unrepresentative quantity of American dimwits posting idiot-box comments on forums such as these. Americans have the best level of internet access in the world. You poor fellows also have one of the worst educational frameworks in the world (in contrast with national wealth). This means you have an unfortunately high ratio of uneducated cretins surfing and contributing to the net at any given time in comparison with your educated persons.

This isn't an 'attack' on Americans as such - more a social commentary. It's the wasted opportunity that the U.S. is displaying that cuts the deepest. Your country has soo much potential that remains unfulfilled.

The Para.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

It's the wasted opportunity that the U.S. is displaying that cuts the deepest.

The part of that true statement that is worst is that it is an intentional outcome. The whole "dumming down" thing is exactly what the elite want. It serves their objective of control.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But isn't the United States represented by its citizens. So any form of slander or attack on the United States or on any other nation is a direct attack on its citizens. Have we not recently gone to war for this simple but very clear reason.

Have i left and entered into the twilight zone ?

Q: Why on earth do you think nations establish Embassy's

A: For its citizens

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Personally I believe there is a huge disconnect these days between any country's government/bureaucracy and its citizens.

Most people feel governments represent lobbyists/the corporations they work for; not citizens. Governments; especially the US one, do things that the average person on the street would not support, if they had a clue, that is, what exactly their government is up to. So much is done in secret or with heavy disinfo.

So no, criticizing a government/regime is not necessarily the same as criticizing its citizens; although perhaps we should be holding voters more accountable for whom they vote in.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join